Why do we always struggle to get the tail enders out ?

I did get frustrated with one such partnership way back in 1983 I guess. Between Greenidge & Dujon and then Malcolm Marshall or Micahel Holding. We had them flat on the matt with 130 for like 5. and I think Marshall or someone managed to score like 90 or something. They got away w/ more than 400. We lost it miserably. Now nothing frustrates me as much. Winning meant lot to us back then.

Just a reality of modern day cricket. Tail-enders are no push overs. Most of them practice in the nets & have scored 50s or 100s at some point in their careers. The Dileep Doshi type tail-ender is an endangered specie. Swann averages 24 & Broad averages 28 (about Mukund's average), so they are expected to score 50 runs between them - may be a bit too much on this pitch. But a partnership or two from a good team like England is inevitable. I'd rather take a 70 run partnership featuring tail-enders than a top order player like Cook or Morgan - we don't want to give any confidence to their top order bats. From 88-6, we'd have loved to bowl them out for 150, but at the beginning of the game, we'd have gladly taken 221, so no regrets. Our bowlers did their job, lets see if our batsmen can get us past it.

Just a reality of modern day cricket. Tail-enders are no push overs. Most of them practice in the nets & have scored 50s or 100s at some point in their careers. The Dileep Doshi type tail-ender is an endangered specie. Swann averages 24 & Broad averages 28 (about Mukund's average), so they are expected to score 50 runs between them - may be a bit too much on this pitch. But a partnership or two from a good team like England is inevitable. I'd rather take a 70 run partnership featuring tail-enders than a top order player like Cook or Morgan - we don't want to give any confidence to their top order bats. From 88-6, we'd have loved to bowl them out for 150, but at the beginning of the game, we'd have gladly taken 221, so no regrets. Our bowlers did their job, lets see if our batsmen can get us past it.
Isn't it. Man what character you found from those days. This man probably has highest 0s per match ratio I guess. Let that but I dont recall him ever scoring in even double figures. He just couldn't bat..:((

Yes Broad and Swan played very well, but it's a fact that we didn't bowl well to them. I was watching the highlights, the way Sree was bowling early on, no way they would have survived and scored that many. We tried too hard to get them out which backfired.

Well with tail enders batting like they are' date=' don't think anything will work. Its just one of those freak innings like Malinga's against Aussies a few months back[/quote'] He could have done much much better. Kept similar field for Roach and Rampaul. No thinking , Poor captaincy.

Same old problem .Not being able to bowl yorkers and kick tailenders out .I remember similar kind of thing happened in South Africa few years back ,when Justin Kemp scored heavily ,and we end up loosing the match .

Piyush_Chawla_300.jpg
He already has aquired soo much KANFIDENCE during world cup that he might end up distributing the same to his opponents .