FAO Lurker: Video Highlights : Benson & Hedges championship 1985 Finals Ind v Pak

King

Here you go, you have waited for this long enough. A fantastic watch every time I watch it. India had good fielding, bowling and batting. Watch the way Imran Khan is on his knees after bowling his first spell :tounge_smile: If someone does that now he will be labeled a wuss straight away.

http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=5,1,52,701' standby='Loading Microsoft Windows Media Player components...' type='application/x-oleobject'> http://microsoft.com/windows/mediaplayer/en/download/' id='mediaPlayer' name='mediaPlayer' displaysize='4' autosize='-1' bgcolor='darkblue' showcontrols="true" showtracker='-1' showdisplay='0' showstatusbar='-1' videoborder3d='-1' width="320" height="285" src="http://www.indiancricketfans.com/files/BHFinals.wmv" autostart="false" designtimesp='5311' loop="false">
Launch in external player

As I said before these two teams looked a sport and seem to not have the kind of pressure the current Indian and Pakistan team has to go through when they face off each other. It's not funny Vengsarkar doesn't even care to shake hands with Miandad properly. Something tells me they were not in good terms. You see the way Vengsarkar reacts when Miandad congratulates Vengsarkar in the end.

These matches pain me seeing sadanand vishwanath's keeping and his curtailed career
Yup an amazing keeper he was. One of the rare wicket keeper that was so quick with foot work and hands while wicket keeping.

Watch the way Imran Khan is on his knees after bowling his first spell :tounge_smile: If someone does that now he will be labeled a wuss straight away.
Well Ravi Imran was never the fittest of cricketers. He was not a good fielder at all and his running between wickets left a lot to be desired. Sure one can make the argument that he was extra cautious since he kept getting injured but the fact remains that Imran was never the most agile person in the field for Pakistan. xx

Our fielding was also top notch. Nice clip Ravi :top:
These matches pain me seeing sadanand vishwanath's keeping and his curtailed career
i echo the same sentiments... Our team looked very youthful and energetic !

Well Ravi Imran was never the fittest of cricketers. He was not a good fielder at all and his running between wickets left a lot to be desired. Sure one can make the argument that he was extra cautious since he kept getting injured but the fact remains that Imran was never the most agile person in the field for Pakistan. xx
Last night I was watching Kapil Dev's 97 against England in the 1982 England tour. Kapil had the knack of scoring runs when needed. Chasing a mamooth 595 India were struggling and Kapil came in, blasted away 97 runs. Along with Kirmani and the rest of the lower order India avoided follow on and the test match was drawn. Truly I agree you were right about Kapil Dev being a better batsman than Imran. Kapil Dev's fielding was spectacular. I'm sure you would have by now seen Kapil's direct hit from fine leg in the group match video of this tourney.

Last night I was watching Kapil Dev's 97 against England in the 1982 England tour. Kapil had the knack of scoring runs when needed. Chasing a mamooth 595 India were struggling and Kapil came in, blasted away 97 runs. Along with Kirmani and the rest of the lower order India avoided follow on and the test match was drawn. Truly I agree you were right about Kapil Dev being a better batsman than Imran. Kapil Dev's fielding was spectacular. I'm sure you would have by now seen Kapil's direct hit from fine leg in the group match video of this tourney.
The innings you mention of Kapil was one fantastic innings. 97 runs off 93 deliveries in 1982! Imagine that! That would be a superfast innings even today. In all he scored 292 runs off 272 deliveries in that series, almost every single run coming when India really needed it. Whenever comparison between all-rounders are made I pick Kapil much ahead of Imran as batsman. Some may assume its because I greatly liked Kapil as a player, and that I am an Indian but the simple fact is none of that affects my opinion. Kapil quite simply was the better batsman. His only problem was that he would always try to establish his authority over the bowlers, and sometimes it would lead to his early dismissals. But when he got going there was no better sight and man did he single handedly lift India when India needed it? Kapil's innings of 97, century at Berbice, century in Tied test, 175 against Zimbabwe, 4 sixes to avert follow-on, quick half-century that won India the semis in 1985 WSC, century in South Africa against Donald at his peak - they all came when India needed it and at his own terms. I am hard pressed to find Imran's innings of note except his 1992 WC final innings which I dont rate anyway. And when it comes to fielding Kapil was the best of the lot. He was a natural in any position and his catch of Richards in 1983 WC finals must rank as the single most important catch in the finals and possibly the best(in finals). What a true great :thumbs_up:

As I said before these two teams looked a sport and seem to not have the kind of pressure the current Indian and Pakistan team has to go through when they face off each other. It's not funny Vengsarkar doesn't even care to shake hands with Miandad properly. Something tells me they were not in good terms. You see the way Vengsarkar reacts when Miandad congratulates Vengsarkar in the end.
I dont know about then but recently a yr back when javed was in mumbai he specially went to meet vengsarkar and it was in the local papers..... nice highlights by the way

1983's WC win and 1985's World Series. How the fook did we manage not to become World cricket powerhouse ? Why did you performance in ODI's slumped incredibly ? @topic: Thank you very much ravi