TheDavis Cup

Cricketics

Playoffs fixture announced. We are playing japan. I think we should be able to win this 5 match series. Somdev can match nishikori. So can rohan in singles. World Group Play-offs Draw Romania v CZECH REPUBLIC RUSSIA* v Brazil ISRAEL* v Canada South Africa* v CROATIA CHILE v Italy Japan v INDIA Belgium v AUSTRIA Australia v SWITZERLAND

What exactly happens in thw rodl group p[layoffs- i.e If India beat Japan do they makle the world group?? Also the other matches that happened...like Serbia play Argentina I think right, is that the semis...and Spain bt USA recently was that quarters...? I was v dissapointed that Ferrer beat Roddick, that too in Austin A Rods home town. Ferrer is a class act but on hards youd have backed Rod to get the better of him. Something really ailing him hope it gets sorted before HC season begins in proper...

Yes Sooda. We are already out since we lost to Russia remember? USA just lost to spain the other night. We are playing Japan now. So if we win this one, we stay in world group for 2012. If we lose, we go back to old Asia/Ocenia group whatever that group is of some crap tennis teams. We gotta win this one. I think we have good chance to stay in world group. Australia would have been tough opponent. BUt we got real easy opponent in Japan to keep ourself alive in the World Grouip for next year Yes - Spain beat USA for the first time in USA. They won the q/f and have entered semis. Aregentina too have entered semis with straight 5 wins. It's going to be Serbia vs Argentina and Spain vs France Man can't wait for Spain vs France. It's going to be good. Tsonga is in top form and Spain is looking good even without playing Verdasco and Nadal in main singles event. It was Lopez who won it for Spain against USA. and offcourse Ferrer chipped in too.

Ah, thanks Tics. Yeah read about Spain v US... Lopez beat Fish right, heard he was very good. Dont know what happened in the dead rubber Rod V Lopez but Hope A Rod avenged his Wim defeat. Shows the depth that Spanish tennis has. Will rafa play vs France? Shd be a good match v France... If at full strength a Fr team of Monfils, Tsonga, Gasquet, Llorda could prove pretty handy...

Most likely. He and also Djokovic will return back for Semis. I don't think Lopez will be tryed against Tsonga. They might most likely bring back Verdasco for the singles. And about Roddick vs Lopez. The game wasn't played for some reason as it was a dead rubber