I can contribute with ball in England: Ganguly

New Delhi, June 13: Recalled to the Indian ODI side, Sourav Ganguly says that apart from his regular role with the bat, he could also be useful as a bowler in the favourable conditions of England and Ireland. "I think I can contribute with the ball. It (conditions) will definitely help the ball to move around in England. We are going in the second half (of the summer) and I hope everyone lifts their game," Ganguly told a TV channel. Ganguly felt England would miss Andrew Flintoff in the ODI and Test series if the talismanic all-rounder fails to recover from the ankle injury. "Obviously they'll miss Flintoff, who is not a part of their team. Flintoff makes a lot of difference to their squad. But it will be a good series," he added. Ganguly, along with Sachin Tendulkar, was included in the ODI squad that will play three matches against South Africa in Irland (June 26-July 1) and another against Pakistan in Glasgow, Scotland (July 3). The two were rested for the ODI series in Bangladesh last month. They, however, were part of the Test squad that beat Bangladesh 1-0 and are among the 16 that is to play three Tests in England in July-September.

Ganguly is good in seaming and windy conditions...he can definitely contribute with some wickets..and our main bowlers can get some breather as well... But..i some how..still think Munaf should have been in 16 at least... without him..our bowling is weak...he is our one of the strike bowlers... now sree will have to be the main wicket taker...