Messi or Rooney

Alchemist

Who is a bigger DUD while playing for their national team. I think its Rooney since he has not won anything for England. Messi on the other hand atleast has a under-20 chamionship and a Olympic gold medal (U23 teams with only 3 players above 23 allowed) Don't get me wrong. Both the players are very talented and own the world while playing for their respective clubs. BUT, when it comes to international football (WC, Continental tournaments, confedrations cup), both are empty. Both have failed to lit up any of them. Will any one of them would be able to stand up with likes of Zidane :hatsoff: and Ronalo :hatsoff: (the original one).

Messi makes impact , he made some assists in world cup , did his part well in copa , infact he had 3 assists and won 1 free kick which was converted into goal , so he had part in 4 goals out of total 5 scored by Argentina in copa. Rooney looks completely unfit while playing for england. though english national side itself plays cr@p football.

Messis all time greatness is in serious question. As cant deliver in international colurs. Seems he can only perform in awesome/unbelivable barca team which is totally perfect for any skilful player to play in. Put him in not so great teams and cant do it, thus comparisons are over with Maradona as he would lift mediocre teams to greatness while Messi needs to be in a great team to play well

Messis all time greatness is in serious question. As cant deliver in international colurs. Seems he can only perform in awesome/unbelivable barca team which is totally perfect for any skilful player to play in. Put him in not so great teams and cant do it' date=' thus comparisons are over with Maradona as he would lift mediocre teams to greatness while [b']Messi needs to be in a great team to play well
+1

Both are Garbage for their National Team. While Messi Cant score without Xavi and Iniesta around, Rooney Cant do well playing for England. In terms of Talent and performance there is a massive difference between the two , But Rooney alone does more for United than Messi does for Barca.

I have serious doubts on Club players these days' date=' Looks like the momment they get famous for Playing for their clubs cant perform anymore for their Countries, except for few.[/quote'] I agree. Ronaldinho can be in the same group late in his career. He did play a little bit role in their 2002 triumph.

I agree. Ronaldinho can be in the same group late in his career. He did play a little bit role in their 2002 triumph.
Yes Ronaldinho was 'Just' better than these two. Real Legends were Ronaldo, Zidane, Figo. Even Beckham did more than what Messi or Rooney did for their Country, Infact much more.

Yes Ronaldinho was 'Just' better than these two. Real Legends were Ronaldo, Zidane, Figo. Even Beckham did more than what Messi or Rooney did for their Country, Infact much more.
I'd put Batistuta in that bracket too. Paul Scholes was headed that way too but he fizzled out badly for England.

Alan Shearer' date=' Bergkamp.[/quote'] Michael Owen too. If you look at his record in qualifiers and big tournaments it is excellent. He had a poor goalscoring record in friendlies. Unfortunately for him, injuries ruined his career and took away his pace which was his greatest asset (along with his finishing ability).

Michael Owen too. If you look at his record in qualifiers and big tournaments it is excellent. He had a poor goalscoring record in friendlies. Unfortunately for him' date=' injuries ruined his career and took away his pace which was his greatest asset (along with his finishing ability).[/quote'] Definitely, dont know why Todays footballers dont care much about Playing for Country as much ex footballers.