Where is all the money going ?

Ram

I came across an article referring to some the of the deals that the BCCI has struck with sponsors and television producers. Some of the amounts that are being highlighted are , Television rights 1999-2004 - 1300 crores 2005-2006 ( home season) - 450 crores 2006-2010 - 3,300 crores Sponsorship deals Air Sahara - 220 crores and then renewed for 300 crores Zee ( for overseas media rights) - 900 crores Nike - 300 crores. Total - a staggering 6500 crores/ $1.5 billion ! Most of these contracts have either run out of will end by 2010. what does BCCI do with all the money ? Or what are they supposed to do? If they are supposed to re-invest all the money into "cricket devolopment" , i dont see it happening. Do they invest it all in some govt bonds ? Surely it cant just be lying somewhere. And another interesting side-note of this is , if there is so much money involved in this , imagine the kind of kickbacks there will be when contracts are awarded. I wouldnt be surprised if millions of dollars change hands everytime a major deal takes place. No wonder the politicians are so keen to get on the top posts... Somebody should do an independent audit of the BCCI. Check what they have done with all the money till now. I am sure many heads will roll...