Zak injury updates

Like I posted in other post. This is a Joke. If you are going to take rest from a not so important series under the pre text of getting and remaining fit, atleast do that. I can understand people getting injured because of unexpected things (ball hitting them etc). But cramping and Hamstring just boils down to fitness. Anyway, it is the time for some youngster bowler to step up and get things done.

If it is cramps or even a hamstring then it all points to a shocking level of fitness for the 1st day of an important series. Wasn’t the whole point of missing the WI series to get ready both physically and mentally for this series. Unfortunately it seems Khan has done little of the former as he moved like an oil tanker in the field prior to getting injured. Really is no excuse for such a lack of fitness especially when Khan looked in decent condition at the WC and IPL.

So Zaheer is unfit and PK may well be debarred from bowling if he keeps on following through on danger area. That leaves us with two options - Bhajji and Ishant :haha: Even if PK does not get debarred he is way too slow for him to take wkts against decent batsmen who have so much time to play him.

He looks a stone overweight and his waist looks to have expanded a couple of inches from the world cup' date=' no surprise he has got an injury 13 overs into a test.[/quote'] Seeing the Indian team on the field one gets the impression it's a senior squad playing village cricket :cantstop: I guess the majority of folks were having a nice relaxing vacation post world cup. Don't really think they are ready for playing cricket at the moment, forget a Test match. Maybe the tour should have had T20s and odis before Tests for the team to get in some sort of a shape before Tests.
No official update on Zak's injury yet ?
Most probably it's cramps but Zaheer getting injured so frequently in major series is a big worry. He did so in 2007 against Aus and also Aus tour in 2003-04. Have to say it's shocking level of fitness for a fast bowler. I thought Zaheer had turned the corner since his comeback but I guess not.

The thing is in India we praise the team too much when they win and criticise them too much when they lose(which is when we must really stick by them).Zaheer looks just as fit as he was in the wc(i meant his phisique).if he was good enough to play the wc he is good enough to play here.Dont want this thread to be full of criticism on zaheer.Lets stick by him and wish him the best of luck.just my opinion.

The thing is in India we praise the team too much when they win and criticise them too much when they lose(which is when we must really stick by them).Zaheer looks just as fit as he was in the wc(i meant his phisique).if he was good enough to play the wc he is good enough to play here.Dont want this thread to be full of criticism on zaheer.Lets stick by him and wish him the best of luck.just my opinion.
To be fair it's not harsh to expect a guy who took an entire tour (ODIs and Tests) off to be able to last day 1 of a Test. As a general point yours is valid, but plainly this case isn't good enough. Though we need the phucker so yes, good luck..
Nope, we are not criticizing the team for "losing". The match has just started and it's a long way to decide who's gonna win. But we are criticizing the fact that most of the players look lazy and unfit even though they had ample time to get ready for the series. As professional sportsmen this is something that is expected off them and they will get thie criticism if they don't show up ready to play. Just imagine if you go to your workplace, saunter in a meeting room and proceed to day-dream and snore when an important meeting/presentation is under way. i am sure your boss will have something to say to you and it won't be pretty.
Nope' date=' we are not criticizing the team for "losing". The match has just started and it's a long way to decide who's gonna win. But we are criticizing the fact that most of the players look lazy and unfit even though they had ample time to get ready for the series. As professional sportsmen this is something that is expected off them and they will get thie criticism if they don't show up ready to play. Just imagine if you go to your workplace, saunter in a meeting room and proceed to day-dream and snore when an important meeting/presentation is under way. i am sure your boss will have something to say to you and it won't be pretty.[/quote'] Point taken