Zak injury updates

our bowling resources are at a precarious stage.we have no real successors for Bhajji and Zak and the backups are too inconsistent to take over their role as our strike bowlers.This is will be the main reason we will fall off the rankings rather than the slow phase out of our batting greats.

our bowling resources are at a precarious stage.we have no real successors for Bhajji and Zak and the backups are too inconsistent to take over their role as our strike bowlers.This is will be the main reason we will fall off the rankings rather than the slow phase out of our batting greats.
The major worry for us is that our pacers are way too injury prone. The moment we unearth someone, he gets injured in a year or two. I mean look at the likes of Irfan, Balaji, RP, Munaf, Zak etc. who all got injured and when they return they (if they do) they have a drastic drop in pace. Only Zaheer has been able to come back from a serious injury and become better. Rest everyone has fallen by the wayside. I hope BCCI looks into it and maybe they start focusing on managing fast bowlers right from under-age level till the time they retire - I am sure this can be done at NCA or MRF pace academy. We can't afford to lose too many promising fast bowlers this way.

If ZK is injured again and can take no further part in the Test which probably means the series the time has come for him to kiss Test cricket good bye. After all what good it is if a player cannot go injury free for more than couple of Tests at a stretch. In ZK's case unfortunately that appears to be the case in the recent history. Sad but true.

If ZK is injured again and can take no further part in the Test which probably means the series the time has come for him to kiss Test cricket good bye. After all what good it is if a player cannot go injury free for more than couple of Tests at a stretch. In ZK's case unfortunately that appears to be the case in the recent history. Sad but true.
I think we have to reconcile to the fact that Zaheer won't be around for much longer. I hope he lasts till the Aus series later in the year and after that we need to find someone else for Tests.
:banghead: Watching him on the field today, Zaheer just didn't look 100%. He bowled really well though. Time to find new bowlers in ODIs and just hope for the best till the end of the Australian tour in tests.
You have hit the nail on the head on both the counts.
  1. Zaheer wasn't completely fit
  2. Shield good bowlers from ODIs including Ishant Sharma. One just needs to look how Steyn was handled by South Africa