Injury/Fitness update in England series so far.....

I guess we need a separate thread to track the injury and fitness levels of the Indian players this series :giggle: Here's the update end of Day 4... Injured 1. Zaheer Khan - Hamstring and likely out for the series. May play the 4th Test but I doubt it based on Zaheer's track record. 2. Sehwag - Shoulder injury and currently recuperating after the operation. Selected in the squad and expected to play 3rd Test onwards but looks unlikely. Also, no player should simply walk into a team without proving fitness in at least one practice or FC match. We can't risk another Zaheer like fiasco in the 3rd Test. 3. Gambhir - Injured while fielding. Thankfully x-rays didn't reveal a break. Had severe bruising but should be able to bat tomorrow. 4. Tendulkar - Down with flu/viral fever. Will bat if necessary but can only bat at 5 down. Injury Watchlist 5 & 6. Ishant Sharma and PK - Bowled throughout the Test manfully handling the burden due to Zaheer's injury. They bowled plenty of overs and hardly got any rest between the innings due to India's poor 1st innings. If India bowl first in the next Test as well, they will again have to bowl without much rest which may leave them prone to injury later in the series. Special Category 7. Dhoni - Maybe banned 1 game due to slow overrate. Hope ICC show some leniency due to everything's that's going wrong so far with injuries & fitness. In nutshell this summarizes India's start to the tour. If India manage to salvage a draw from here on that itself would feel better than a win at the moment.

I guess we need a separate thread to track the injury and fitness levels of the Indian players this series :giggle: Here's the update end of Day 4... Injured 1. Zaheer Khan - Hamstring and likely out for the series. May play the 4th Test but I doubt it based on Zaheer's track record. 2. Sehwag - Shoulder injury and currently recuperating after the operation. Selected in the squad and expected to play 3rd Test onwards but looks unlikely. Also, no player should simply walk into a team without proving fitness in at least one practice or FC match. We can't risk another Zaheer like fiasco in the 3rd Test. 3. Gambhir - Injured while fielding. Thankfully x-rays didn't reveal a break. Had severe bruising but should be able to bat tomorrow. 4. Tendulkar - Down with flu/viral fever. Will bat if necessary but can only bat at 5 down. Injury Watchlist 5 & 6. Ishant Sharma and PK - Bowled throughout the Test manfully handling the burden due to Zaheer's injury. They bowled plenty of overs and hardly got any rest between the innings due to India's poor 1st innings. If India bowl first in the next Test as well, they will again have to bowl without much rest which may leave them prone to injury later in the series. Special Category 7. Dhoni - Maybe banned 1 game due to slow overrate. Hope ICC show some leniency due to everything's that's going wrong so far with injuries & fitness. In lighter vein, player we wish was injured but isn't - Harbhajan In nutshell this summarizes India's start to the tour. If India manage to salvage a draw from here on that itself would feel better than a win at the moment.
Wishing injury on a player. You are something else. I dont wish that on opponents and you are dioing that for someone who wears blue.
Serious question: Are we allowed to fly in substitue players after so many injuries??
BCCI should definitely send some replacement and not wait for an official decision regarding the players else it will be too late similar to Mithun's visa fiasco in WI. I hope they fly in RP Singh as Zak's replacement and another opener as a standby - probably Dhawan as Vijay looked out of sorts in WI.
Guest Gunner
Wishing injury on a player. You are something else. I dont wish that on opponents and you are dioing that for someone who wears blue.
That's why I prefaced "in lighter vein". Of course I wouldn't want to see anyone injured - be it an Indian or English player.
Why don't you read before you leap into defence of Harby?
Guest Gunner
Sachin can come next' date=' if we bat for another 2 and half hours without losing any wicket.[/quote'] Just 2, since 12-12:40 is lunch and SRT is allowed to come in at 12:41. :--D

Yup Gambhir will come in next. But our big hopes are the guys who are already in i.e Laxman and Dravid. If we don't lose any of them until Lunch, they we should be safe. Tendulkar has some voodoo at Lords, hasnt crossed 30s, so he should remain in 20s and take up 200 balls for that..

If I were in charge I would send that unfit potbelly Zak back home and let him work his way through the domestic season. He maybe our best bowler, but what good is a bowler who does not prepare for an important series and gets injured just by running in :hysterical:. We can find others who are more keen to play for India. He should be ashamed for embarrassing himself and his team!

If I were in charge I would send that unfit potbelly Zak back home and let him work his way through the domestic season. He maybe our best bowler, but what good is a bowler who does not prepare for an important series and gets injured just by running in :hysterical:. We can find others who are more keen to play for India. He should be ashamed for embarrassing himself and his team!
Not the first time it has happened with Zaheer and I suspect won't be the last either. Before every major series or tourney there's an injury cloud hanging over Zaheer's head and even in the World Cup he wasn't 100%. I think it has less to do with fitness and more to do with just the way his body is. I guess he's more injury prone just how Watson was and we have to reconcile to the fact.
Not the first time it has happened with Zaheer and I suspect won't be the last either. Before every major series or tourney there's an injury cloud hanging over Zaheer's head and even in the World Cup he wasn't 100%. I think it has less to do with fitness and more to do with just the way his body is. I guess he's more injury prone just how Watson was and we have to reconcile to the fact.
Strongly disagree. Zak just does not look fit. If he wanted to play in this series (and considering how important it is and how valuable he is) he should have been working hard on his fitness. Not appear with a tire around his belly. Disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!