Does the road end here for Sehwag?

King

Definately not... The road back will harder though , if both Dinesh Karthik and Jaffer string some useful partnerships.. If i were Sehwag , i would be VERY "worried" about dinesh karthik. He is a much under-estimated batsman The guy has the knack of coming up with some useful knocks. If karthik scores a century in either of the first two tests , Sehwag is in trouble..

Definately not... The road back will harder though , if both Dinesh Karthik and Jaffer string some useful partnerships.. If i were Sehwag , i would be VERY "worried" about dinesh karthik. He is a much under-estimated batsman The guy has the knack of coming up with some useful knocks. If karthik scores a century in either of the first two tests , Sehwag is in trouble..
That is one big IF !! ...and if Dinesh Karthik scores a hundred in England, i'll eat my hat. You can quote me on this one, if you like.

Sehwag is a superb batsman and while I am in favour of dropping him from the squad for the English tour, it is only for the long term good. The guy has a lot to offer and once he goes back and does some rethinking there is no reason he can't come back as the most feared test opener in the world again.

^^ shwet, i noticed in the Afro-Asian series that he is now taking a middle guard and ACTUALLY MOVES HIS LEFT FOOT towards the line of the ball!! this is a significant change in his technique and may end up making him a more predominantly on-side player, but he has the flick and on-drive that are just short of world-class. am sure the second coming of sehwag will be very interesting to see.

I reckon he would comeback strongly. If guys like Dinesh Mongia can be given a chance, I am sure Veeru get his chance sooner rather than later. The worrying part for Sehwag's point of view is the number of openers in the Indian team with the likes of Jaffer, Gambhir, Karthik, and Uthappa. If they keep on doing their job, it would be hard for Sehwag to break into the team as an opener. However, Sehwag might get a chance to break into the middle order if one of the regulars get injured.