Lords test 2011 : Predictions and discussion

Probably by inspiring generation of youngsters including someone who show up on your profile for a change??
On another note is Kapil the best ever cricketer produced by India? The man was magic in his playing days and was the first of players to instill positivity in Indian cricket leading by example.
On another note is Kapil the best ever cricketer produced by India? The man was magic in his playing days and was the first of players to instill positivity in Indian cricket leading by example.
Thats subjective of course. But to me he is sure. Kapil was easily the most natural and complete cricketer I have seen. Clearly he has been India's greatest speedster and would be a natural choice just by that and in a country that treats batsmen as Gods and bowlers as stepchildren, thats an achievement in itself. His batting was fearless. Too often I saw him inspire his fellow batsmen into swinging in top gear, case in point Dileep Vengsarkar who kinda went beserk after seeing Kapil swinging wildly at Hadlee in 1985 WC semis. Till date I have not seen a top order batsman, much less an all-rounder, plant his front foot and swing away at the kind of fast bowlers that West Indies dished out. And this was back in days of long cricket boundary and light cricket bats with no bouncer regulations etc. I also beleive that Kapil was the most complete fielder we ever produced. Be in cover, short leg, slip, long on, mid-on etc he was a tiger. And these days when Tom, Dick and Zaheer cramp after 13 odd overs we should tip our hat to the man who did it gallantly for 15 years...and never lost a single Test (for that matter he was never run out as well but thats another story). xxx
Thats subjective of course. But to me he is sure. Kapil was easily the most natural and complete cricketer I have seen. Clearly he has been India's greatest speedster and would be a natural choice just by that and in a country that treats batsmen as Gods and bowlers as stepchildren, thats an achievement in itself. His batting was fearless. Too often I saw him inspire his fellow batsmen into swinging in top gear, case in point Dileep Vengsarkar who kinda went beserk after seeing Kapil swinging wildly at Hadlee in 1985 WC semis. Till date I have not seen a top order batsman, much less an all-rounder, plant his front foot and swing away at the kind of fast bowlers that West Indies dished out. And this was back in days of long cricket boundary and light cricket bats with no bouncer regulations etc. I also beleive that Kapil was the most complete fielder we ever produced. Be in cover, short leg, slip, long on, mid-on etc he was a tiger. And these days when Tom, Dick and Zaheer cramp after 13 odd overs we should tip our hat to the man who did it gallantly for 15 years...and never lost a single Test (for that matter he was never run out as well but thats another story). xxx
Agree. And he was super fit, through out his career. I can understand his rage at today's players (especially bowlers) not able to keep themselves fit.
Nicely said. Not much to contest there. To me he is a man with magic pair of hands.
Nicely said. Not much to contest there. To me he is a man with magic pair of hands.
Agree. And he was super fit, through out his career. I can understand his rage at today's players (especially bowlers) not able to keep themselves fit.
Unfortunately when it comes to Indian cricketers of yore, even fairly recent ones there is not too much collection of anecdotes or journals. But if there was such a book, Kapil would probably have more stories written for than anybody else. A couple of them. a) Watching him hit 4 consecutive sixes to avoid follow-on, then seeing Hirwani getting dismissed off the very next ball only to casually run towards the pavillion knowing fully well he was going to open the bowling. When people talk of Kapil vs Imran, Imran would have done thook-thook for 35 deliveries, would have scored 10 runs in process and finally after his partner would have been dismissed, would have berated him all the way to the pavillion. b) Delhi and Haryana playing a ranji game. Its end of the day almost, light is bad and Haryana bowlers are bowling off small run-up so batsmen can not complain. Kapil is bowling off a few paces and Mohinder Amarnath is milking him away. Finally Kapil had enough, went back to his full run-up, Amarnath asked his helmet to be brought out, Kapil beats Jimmy twice with great outswingers and then hits him flush on the head with the bouncer. :hehe: Thats lights out, literally, as batsmen call it a day :giggle: xx
b) Delhi and Haryana playing a ranji game. Its end of the day almost, light is bad and Haryana bowlers are bowling off small run-up so batsmen can not complain. Kapil is bowling off a few paces and the Mohinder Amarnath is milking him away. Finally Kapil had enough, went back to his full run-up, Amarnath asked his helmet to be brought out, Kapil beats Jimmy twice with great outswingers and then hits him flush on the head with the bouncer. :hehe: Thats lights out, literally, as batsmen call it a day :giggle: xx
WOW....Did not know that. Nice recollection. Jimmy is another of those special cricketers by the way who is as best a team guy there ever could be. Being the Man of the Match both in the SF and Final of a World cup winning team could not have happened to a better guy. Loved him to death.
zak needs to own up to his injury' date='he cant turn up to the biggest series we have played in quite a while completely unfit with a tire around his belly.[/quote'] Yeah dude, Zak should have probably fore-seen that he was gonna get a hamstring injury while running in. :hysterical: I'm getting sick of the ex-cricketers and their retarded comments, ffs they should just look at their career's... They talk as if they did everything right in their time. Dhoni as captain took responsibility and he almost got KP out 2 times and to people suggesting that he should've used raina, he was looking for a pacer and no one apart from him could do that. :facepalm:
Yeah dude' date=' Zak should have probably fore-seen that he was gonna get a hamstring injury while running in. :hysterical:[/quote'] Probably Zak didnt, but every one else seemed to notice the tyre tube around his waist. One of the commentators even mentioned that he looked unfit.

The first photo isnt from Lords test. Also, Zaheer isnt a sumo wrestler that his belly is visible in every photo! But he generally looked unfit and Michael Holding, who knows a thing or two about fast bowling, commented on it.