Pakistan look to Army for fitness boost

King

Pakistan cricketers are being pushed to new levels of fitness by military instructors ahead of next month's tour of Scotland. More... Pakistan look to Army for fitness boost Reuters feedback.gif email.gif print1.gif Posted online: Saturday, June 16, 2007 at 1411 hours IST Karachi, June 16: Pakistan cricketers are being pushed to new levels of fitness by military instructors ahead of next month's tour of Scotland. advertisement.gifadlog.php?bannerid=2820&clientid=528&zoneid=570&source=&block=0&capping=0&cb=4f2f48b8a2b0bcfc8c6ddd04f5d00804

RELATED STORIES

Kaneria awaits selectors nodLawson, Done join race for Pak's coach jobFreddie voted 'Celebrity Dad of the Year' Players have been training under the supervision of the Pakistan military and Cricket Board (PCB) since last week in Abbotabad, a popular summer resort that is also home to a military base. "The training is being carried out by a team of our own trainers and army instructors to improve the fitness and fielding levels of the players," Zakir Khan, Director Cricket Operations, said on Saturday. "The concept is also that training in a secluded summer resort away from the big cities will allow the players to focus on their training." Pakistan's captain Shoaib Malik said the training was paying off. "When we had camps in Lahore or Karachi there were too many distractions for the players. In Abbotabad we are all focused on cricket." Selectors are due to announce the squad for the Scotland tour later on Saturday. Fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar is expected to make his return. One of Pakistan's top pacers, he has played just four ODIs and one Test in the last 14-months due to injury.

LMFAO !!! LOOK at this scrawny P@ki. He actually needs a SPOTTER for a 15 lb dumbell press ?!! 76686.jpg
you beat me to it pred! i saw that too and was like wtf? thats probably 20lbs at the most. i do that incline dumbbell press with 35lbs every day of the freakin weak without a bloody spotter. lol goddamn wimps.