" I said so !!!" - The ICF gloating saga

Mariyam

It has come to my notice that certain wretched posters are making bold and untrue claims in the Cricket Talk forum. Unnamed posters such as Ram, Sree_India, Mishragreat, Serani, Gaurav92 and many more all are making unsubstantiated claims that they were right, and they were the only ones to be right and that they told us so. Clearly this unacceptable misrepresentation of events must immediately cease if this forum, the internet, and indeed civilization as a whole, is to retain its credibility. Everybody knows that I, Mariyam, your magnanimous leading light, called it first on everything and told you so. My modesty precluded me from mentioning this fact, which is why I am only very reluctantly gloating due to the dastardly activities of the above unnamed nefarious posters. Of course others are more than welcome to try and prove their own prescience, and in the rare event that someone else proves that they told us so, due props will of course be given. There is just one rule. You must link to your post, and if it is proven that you did call it first you must gloat in a modest and dignified manner, how I have myself done here. Since Yuvraj Singh is topic of the month, here's my post almost 5 months ago.

Yuvraj Singh will be a the match winner in the coming WC. He'll make the difference with both bat and ball. He'll win us the world cup
Rest as we know, is history. :hatsoff: Now the rest of you can link your posts that you've made in the past which turned out to be true. Let the gloating begin.........

Me. I said that the rest to players i.e sitting out of games for India in order to play for money in IPL will actually hit India hard in the England series and we will lose because of it. Guess what happened. Sehwag uncertain, Gambhir injured, Zaheer injured, Tendulkar sorted out so far. SO, really the whole sitting out of incosequential theory has backfired big time for India and we just have to take it up the a@# from hereon.

Im surprised you left King Tendulkar named or unnamed as it were. His list of I told you so's is endless :cantstop:
I've been reading KT's posts the last few days. Every post mentions either ' poking a lion' or ' elephant in the room' or 'barking dogs'. etc Didn't know what to make of these beastly zoological 'predictions'. :dontknow: :confused:
I never gloat, even though I have had plenty of opportunities to do so! :dontknow: This is an unsubstantiated allegation that has no basis in fact. :mad:
:D I know you don't gloat. I unnamed you, thereby fully protecting your identity, because you are the George Washington of ICF. You've been here from ages. Surely you would remember successful predictions. :icflove:

Another top notch prediction that comes to mind is from Superselector champion JibranPatel

In bold are those teams I predict to advance to the semifinals of the World Cup India vs Australia Pakistan vs West Indies Sri Lanka vs England South Africa vs New Zealand
Masha'allah, what a guess!!!! :hatsoff:

I think Ram/Morris has the most epic "I said so" in the 2 yrs I have been here. He posts in a thread where every other user is cussing Yuvraj, he was going through the most ridiculous phase of his career and says, "If Yuvraj doesn't click in this World Cup, we can kiss our hopes of winning goodbye".