****walk comes to Delhi today

ravishingravi

complete useless exercise...a rapist is ultimately responsible for his actions and deserves the highest possible punishment. but a woman dressed provocatively is ultimately baiting him. is her rape justified ..hell no but she is acting a bit stupidly in my opinion. i know she has a right to wear anything..and personal freedom and all. ya she is but unfortunately it sends a message which is wrongly construed by the rapists and their ilk. it doesnt justify rape but it puts u at a danger. and this kind of **** walk is an effort in vain ..promoted by people for fame money and partying.
the above post of yours is a completely useless exercise.... an internet forum abuser is ultimately responsible for his/her actions and deserves the highest possible punishment, but when you post provocatively, you are ultimately baiting abuse. Is the abuse justified... hell no, but you are posting a bit stupidly in my opinion. I know you have the right to post anything.. and personal freedom and all. ya you are , but unfortunately you send a message which is wrongly construed by online abusers and their ilk. it doesn't justify abuse but it puts you at a danger. And this kind of posting ( your post above) is an effort in vain, so please don't bait people into abusing you by making such posts.

I dont agree with the wording of the event title - named a bit provocatively as s_lut walk which might portray the participants in a bad light. However I complete agree with the premise of the event, that rapists cannot blame the dressing style of the victim to justify rape which IMO is just as heinous a crime as murder.

Do you safely lock your house before going out in order to protect your valuable stuff or you leave it open under the justification that " I dont need to take any preventive measures just because some anti-social groupies cant stop stealing "? Your house may get robbed in any case but atleast choosing the safer option increases your chances of avoiding the theft . In this case ' date=' I am not saying that women should be locked inside 4 walls or cover themselves in " Ninja Suits " to avoid being victims of rape but in some rare cases a little responsible behaviour from the victims could have avoided the incident .[/quote'] You've got to be kidding me. You're seriously equating locking one's house for safety to a woman dressing up in accordance to what you deem is 'responsible dressing'? Who decides what constitutes 'responsible dressing' in any case? And what does rape have anything to do with what a woman wears? According to your logic, a woman wearing a salwar kameez or one who's even wearing an abaya or something of the sort is 'responsible' and less likely to get abused. There are so many nudist beaches in Europe and elsewhere, so according to your POV, all the women out there should've been abused by now. It's absolutely nothing to do with what you wear- rather, it's all about the mentality. I basically should have stop reading your crapola the moment I realized you seem to have certain criteria for deeming a woman 'rapeworthy'. P.S: What on Earth is an antisocial groupie with regards to stealing?

Its a serious issue, and cause worthy especially in India. I think women have been trying to raise this issue at a social level without much success, hence I feel that latching on to this umbrella international movement provocatively named nonetheless makes sense, else our media would have given it a pass. However it would be wrong to say that only women provocatively dressed (no idea what that means) are subject to attention and abuse in India. The victims of eve teasing and molestation don't belong to a particular demographic in India (apart from being women of course), its as widespread in the urban areas as it is in villages. I only hope the organizers do have an agenda to follow up on and don't end up just triviliasing this issue and gaining some easy publicity (that will look good on their resumes) in the bargain.

The thinking behind the name is also another aspect of the movement. It's about co-opting the pejorative term "s_ut" by the very group at whom it is aimed at, and thereby robbing it of its power. Similar to how young black Americans refer to each other with the N word. The word itself is a regressive and sexist term, the former because it attempts to label a woman based on her sexual aggressiveness and intended to control her behavior ("women ought to be coy, it's the men who should...), and the latter because the equivalent term for men - "stud" - doesn't suffer from any such connotations and is instead a positive reinforcement.

complete useless exercise...a rapist is ultimately responsible for his actions and deserves the highest possible punishment. but a woman dressed provocatively is ultimately baiting him. is her rape justified ..hell no but she is acting a bit stupidly in my opinion. i know she has a right to wear anything..and personal freedom and all. ya she is but unfortunately it sends a message which is wrongly construed by the rapists and their ilk. it doesnt justify rape but it puts u at a danger. and this kind of **** walk is an effort in vain ..promoted by people for fame money and partying.
I totally agree, it's all the women's fault for sending a message that is wrongly interpreted by the rapists. The rapists are otherwise extremely dignified and restrained individuals. Why hasn't anyone though about this before? :dontknow: Along similar lines, it is the fault of the freedom fighters of the pre-independence era, for instigating violence by protesting peacefully. The british forces would have never assaulted them otherwise. :hitler:

S***walk is nothing but an opportunity for unattractive' date=' fat women to pretend that they are pretty enough to be[b'] rapeworthy .
you have serious issues man. In my opinion you should read what are you're really posting .

Do you safely lock your house before going out in order to protect your valuable stuff or you leave it open under the justification that " I dont need to take any preventive measures just because some anti-social groupies cant stop stealing "? Your house may get robbed in any case but atleast choosing the safer option increases your chances of avoiding the theft . In this case , I am not saying that women should be locked inside 4 walls or cover themselves in " Ninja Suits " to avoid being victims of rape but in some rare cases a little responsible behaviour from the victims could have avoided the incident .
:hysterical: Did you pick this argument from some jerk on TV because I guess I heard someone saying similar thing today?

To be honest, I am a bit on the fence with the issue being discussed here. While in my world, I would want people ( women ) to wear what they want to and strut their sexuality this isn't my world. The law and order situation is fu#$ed up esp. for girls in Delhi. So, while the argument that you wore provocative dress and hence asking to get raped is clearly offensive and wrong, girls need to be aware of the situation they are under. So, whether it is a question of what you wear or what time you come back home, they need to ensure their safety.

Ravi the women were not wearing anything of that sort. I initially thought and felt the derogatory terminology was wrong as well. But more I think about it, the name of the walk as s!ut is nothing more than a marketing gimmick. Take a look at the pictures. Few years back there was another such initiativate called Blank noise project or something like that. Though it was well lauded in blogging circles, it hardly generated any attention in mainstream media (except a few well meaning newspaper articles and TV reports). However the provocative name of this event instantly evokes curiousity and gets a widespread discussion going on about sexual harassment in today's society, which is often masked behind a more harmless smokescreen of eve teasing. If it at the very least serves to educate a few retarded fools about how disgusting it is to label a women rapeworthy, the event would have accomplished its objective in part, if not in whole

the above post of yours is a completely useless exercise.... an internet forum abuser is ultimately responsible for his/her actions and deserves the highest possible punishment' date=' but when you post provocatively, you are ultimately baiting abuse. Is the abuse justified... hell no, but you are posting a bit stupidly in my opinion. I know you have the right to post anything.. and personal freedom and all. ya you are , but unfortunately you send a message which is wrongly construed by online abusers and their ilk. it doesn't justify abuse but it puts you at a danger. And this kind of posting ( your post above) is an effort in vain, so please don't[i'] bait people into abusing you by making such posts.
haha..i like your humor...but i think you misconstrued my message..i am not condoning rape or blaming women..i am saying that acting or dressing in a certain way makes u more vulnerable. it is your right to do so and for all i care please do so, we guys certainly appreciate it. but at the same time you are making yourself an obvious target. a rapist is a depraved individual who will act in that manner but by dressing provocatively, a woman is making herself a target. what you and many others fail to understand is that we are talking about attracting attention..not saying that u deserved to be raped because you dressed in this manner or the rapist was provoked. no he would have acted in this manner. its the same as walking around in the dark with gold ornaments ...you are making urself an obvious target. but the criminal in either case deserves the same punishment.

I totally agree, it's all the women's fault for sending a message that is wrongly interpreted by the rapists. The rapists are otherwise extremely dignified and restrained individuals. Why hasn't anyone though about this before? :dontknow: Along similar lines, it is the fault of the freedom fighters of the pre-independence era, for instigating violence by protesting peacefully. The british forces would have never assaulted them otherwise. :hitler:
well..did i say the rapist is justfiied...its just that you are making yourself a target and attracting attention towards urself.. rapist is depraved and probably would attack anyone. why make yourself his vicitm? in the end a rapist is a person unable to control his sexual urges. why fan them unnecessarily? its like putting oil on fire. the fire is already bad..its just making it worse.

well..did i say the rapist is justfiied...its just that you are making yourself a target and attracting attention towards urself.. rapist is depraved and probably would attack anyone. why make yourself his vicitm? in the end a rapist is a person unable to control his sexual urges. why fan them unnecessarily? its like putting oil on fire. the fire is already bad..its just making it worse.
Very valid point indeed, I must say :hatsoff: In the same breadth, why do people ever become rich? Its just that they’re making themselves a target of thieves and robbers. A thief is simply looking for someone to rob, why make yourself a victim? :dontknow: Just like how all women must walk around in astronaut suits to ward off rapists, I suggest that we all stay poor and scrounge around for food. That way, there's no way anyone can be robbed, EVER! :yay: