Ponting predicts white-wash in india

Guest dada_rocks

Guest dada_rocks

Man this guy has got balls.. u can call him arrogant pri$k but to say this while u are about to play against india in india takes some sound cojones.. Now it's up to indian team if they have even slightest of self-respect left to make him look like a fool..... sachin da are u listening.. come on at least one match out of 7 win for us single-handedly the way u used to. It's not too much to ask from someone like you

Here is the link;

http://www.newkerala.com/news5.php?action=fullnews&id=39446 Ponting aims whitewash against India in one-dayers New Delhi, June 15: Australian captain Ricky Ponting said Thursday that his world champion team would be able to whitewash India in the seven-match one-day series in September. "Hopefully we will win every match. India will be coming in to the series after playing a lot of games in Ireland and England. Whereas, we will kick off our season right after only playing the Twenty20 World Championship in South Africa," Ponting said here. It's gonna be a tough series and we expect a good fight from India." India will take on Australia in the matches starting Sep 29 in Bangalore. Ponting also said that he is expecting India to have a tough time against India in the upcoming Test series. "England are playing very good cricket. Although the West Indies have been affected by Brian Lara's retirement. India may find the going tough against England in alien conditions," he said. Ponting also said that the Indian selectors can follow their Australian counterparts while managing the transition of players in the team. "I think the Australian selectors handled it very well. Whenever there was a group of players of the same age on the verge of retirement, they brought in youngsters regularly," he pointed out. "I think it would leave a big hole if the likes of Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid and Anil Kumble leave the game at the same time," he said.
We all know that India can't beat Australia, so no surprises there. If the top class '03 team couldn't beat them in the TVS Cup and the VB Series back in '04, what chance does this sh*tty group of players have ? Notice his last comments. The same thing i've been saying since the World Cup. But oh, HOW ON EARTH can we drop Tendulkar and all those other GREATS ? That would amount to sacrilege, wouldn't it ! :stupid:

I like his attitude. He reckons they can white wash India in India and that will be quite an achivement for them. I think Ponting must have this on his mind already and this could be the achievement they are looking up next up. I say good luck to them. I personally don't think it is possible to take the ODI series 7-0 in India but as we all know the Aussies have a knack of achieving what they propose.

another overreaction... ponting didnt say anything. he said "hopefully we will win every match, as india has a long season and we'll just be starting up" this is translated to "ponting predicts whitewash" how?
Exactly, rubbish thread. From HOPEFULLY we will win every match, this is now he predicts whitewash :haha:

I wouldn't doubt if Ponting reckons they can win every game on tour of India. Clearly they set out targets before their season begins. Post Ashes they had three things to go for : 1. Champions Trophy : It's in their kitty already. 2. Win Ashes : Win they did by 5-0, No way to better that margin. 3. World Cup : Again won they did without losing a game. That is a record that can never be wiped off.