Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion

zen

Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion  

1. 1.

• India
    • England

Guest Gunner
The test at TB starts on Friday. The best thing will be to let Sehwag and Zaheer play in the warm up against Northants after the second test and have them fully fit for the third test. Now we have to make sure that the series is still there to be won when we hopefully have our best 11 on the park in the third test.
Yeah, you are probably right. We need to ensure that the series is yet to be won at Edgbaston.
Will that still be just 4 bowlers
yep, 4 bowlers .... But if Zak is fit and we play Sree, then it is like playing an extra bowler because both Zak and Sree can reverse the old ball. Ishant can create awkward bounce and bowl reasonably quick .... PK/Mishra can support One of the things that went against Ind at Lords was with Zak getting injured, there is no one to use the old ball effectively. Bhajji could have been useful but came out an absolute cropper. I would open with Dravid and GG, get Yuvi in at #6. He is an attacking player so if he gets going, he could put India into a decent position and could be useful with the ball if there is rough to exploit in the 2nd inning The interesting question for me is Mukund or Yuvi. Do I get a guy who could give me 20-30 runs opening and seeing the new ball off or get someone like Yuvi in who could potentially help turn the game. Since Ind is 0-1, Yuvi appears to be a better option but if Mukund plays, it's no big deal
Guest Gunner
yep, 4 bowlers .... But if Zak is fit and we play Sree, then it is like playing an extra bowler because both Zak and Sree can reverse the old ball. Ishant can create awkward bounce and bowl reasonably quick .... PK/Mishra can support One of the things that went against Ind at Lords was with Zak getting injured, there is no one to use the old ball effectively. Bhajji could have been useful but came out an absolute cropper. I would open with Dravid and GG, get Yuvi in at #6. He is an attacking player so if he gets going, he could put India into a decent position and could be useful with the ball if there is rough to exploit in the 2nd inning The interesting question for me is Mukund or Yuvi. Do I get a guy who could give me 20-30 runs opening and seeing the new ball off or get someone like Yuvi in who could potentially help turn the game. Since Ind is 0-1, Yuvi appears to be a better option but if Mukund plays, it's no big deal
Easier option is you play yuvi in harby's place.
Are you sure ishant can't reverse the ball? He managed to reverse it vs aussies in the last home series
Are you sure ishant can't reverse the ball? He managed to reverse it vs aussies in the last home series
Many bowler can, the question is on how many are you willing to bet on doing that .... if he does that, it will only help India

I'd have backed Sree too, but how much match practice has he had? If he completely sucks balls in the next Test, then the whole of India will be baying for his blood even though it probably wouldn't be his fault for not having enough time to prepare. Dhobi is always the first to boot Sree out whenever he sucky sucky, but when Darty sucky sucky, he only gets a spoof ad in return as a b*tchslap.

I'd have backed Sree too, but how much match practice has he had? If he completely sucks balls in the next Test, then the whole of India will be baying for his blood even though it probably wouldn't be his fault for not having enough time to prepare. Dhobi is always the first to boot Sree out whenever he sucky sucky, but when Darty sucky sucky, he only gets a spoof ad in return as a b*tchslap.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: :two_thumbs_up: