Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion

zen

Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion  

1. 1.

• India
    • England

Our expectations are a bit low when it comes to picking up bowlers. mediocrity gets respected .... As I said on the other thread, for tests, you need to have at least most of the qualities below: Quicks: bowl 'really' quick, be able to swing, reverse and create an awkward bounce for the batsman Spinners: have control, ability to flight and use brains, have variety Appears as if for us the ability to bowl line and length and keep runs down play a role in picking bowlers for tests. Let's look at our stock: 1. Zak: bowl at decent pace, swing, reverse, at times create an awkward bounce 2. Sree: bowls quick. swing, reverse, awkard bounce 3. Ishant: bowls quick, awkward bounce 4. PK: swing 5. Munaf: ? 6. Bhajji: throws darts (control) 7. Mishra: flight Except for Zak, Sree and Ishant, others only have 1 decent quality for tests. And we are likely to pick those bowlers with less qualities (probably because they did better in other formats) over some who are more suited for tests

Guest Gunner
Sree in Zaheer out rest same. Zaheer is not match fit and Mukund will get better.
Would you play UV instead of Harby? If not why not?
Why dont they bring someone else if Zaheer wontbe fit? RP Singh wontbe a bad choice.
RP isn't the same he was back then, he had a lot of pace back then, he was rubbish even in this years IPL. Its just that people are watching the videos of last series and want RP to be back.
RP isn't the same he was back then' date=' he had a lot of pace back then, he was rubbish even in this years IPL. Its just that people are watching the videos of last series and want RP to be back.[/quote'] He bowled pretty well in IPL IMO and was swinging the ball. Pace doesn't matter that much if you can pitch it up and swing the ball which RP can. He definitely is worth taking a risk on.

Abhinav Mukund Gautam Gambhir Sachin Tendulkar Rahul Dravid VVS Laxman Suresh Raina MS Dhoni Praveen Kumar Amit Mishra Ishant Sharma S Sreesanth This is the ideal combination guys. Harbhajan must make way for young blood and Zak definitely needs to be rested to ensure he can play in 3rd and 4th test. This is Sreesanth's lifeline. If he doesn't perform, toss him back to a gulley competition in Kerala. Mukund should continue opening. He is perfectly fine. Let him gain some experience. He is much better than Murali Vijay.

Abhinav Mukund Gautam Gambhir Sachin Tendulkar Rahul Dravid VVS Laxman Suresh Raina MS Dhoni Praveen Kumar Amit Mishra Ishant Sharma S Sreesanth This is the ideal combination guys. Harbhajan must make way for young blood and Zak definitely needs to be rested to ensure he can play in 3rd and 4th test. This is Sreesanth's lifeline. If he doesn't perform, toss him back to a gulley competition in Kerala. Mukund should continue opening. He is perfectly fine. Let him gain some experience. He is much better than Murali Vijay.
I would go with the same team, maybe one last chance to Harbhajan in place of Mishra but I'm fine either way.
i like this, just switch god and wall around.

^ agree with hellraiser... though I can't help wondering when on earth Sehwag will be bloody fit already. We're seriously missing him. Sree in place of Dartbhajan. Everytime I watch Swann bowl, I'm reminded of how much Bhajji sucks at present. Hope he bounces back, even his body language is so abysmal.