Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion

zen

Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion  

1. 1.

• India
    • England

Comfort break by England players.. IMO according to new ICC regulations, fielders cannot take frequent brakes and used substitute players unless the fielder/player is injured.. Should England players, team, and team management be asked to play the game with bit more sporting spirit, atleast for the sake of the future of Test cricket in particular and cricket in general? At any given time you can find atleast on English player taking comfort break..refreshing himslef with vitamis, drinks, relaxation and getting instructions from the coach and other officials.. Is this not cheating by the English team when the ICC doesn't allows comfort breaks now? Discuss..

IMO according to new ICC regulations, fielders cannot take frequent brakes and used substitute players unless the fielder/player is injured.. Should England players, team, and team management be asked to play the game with bit more sporting spirit, atleast for the sake of the future of Test cricket in particular and cricket in general? At any given time you can find atleast on English player taking comfort break..refreshing himslef with vitamis, drinks, relaxation and getting instructions from the coach and other officials.. Is this not cheating by the English team when the ICC doesn't allows comfort breaks now? Discuss..
What exactly does the rule says? Are they skirting around it or within it? Maybe Ricky Ponting was correct, they are borderline cheating.
What exactly does the rule says? Are they skirting around it or within it? Maybe Ricky Ponting was correct' date=' they are borderline cheating.[/quote'] They are not supposed to take breaks unless they are injured..simple..They should'nt be allowed so many substitute players to field.. These effing players keep themselves fresh by regularly taking comfort breaks and also, being generally clueless, need coach's instructions time to time..
They are not supposed to take breaks unless they are injured..simple..They should'nt be allowed so many substitute players to field.. These effing players keep themselves fresh by regularly taking comfort breaks and also, being generally clueless, need coach's instructions time to time..
Then if the rule is clear I would not fault them for getting away with it. I am upset at Indian management for not enforcing it. They need to take it up with the refs and enfoce it. Brits ahve been doing it for long time and Ponting accused them of cheating too. Maybe Indian commentators should also complain.
You are extremely lucky, you have got perfect batting conditions and the ball is not doing much at all. It is rare a toss wins the game, but it has this time
Stop whining. Eng are known to choke everytime there is a bit of life in a pitch. Wasn't even that bad just that the technique of Eng players is lacking - just like the football team.

^ Look. That's the difference. Being #1 team, we are not a Whinging team like a fake tem like England..We know that these things happen. But when these over-hyped teams like England try to whing about everything under the sun/overcast sky/cloud (pun intended), then I think Indian team should lodge an official protest and not alloow these cheaters to get away with these comfort breaks.. It's totally against the spirit of the game that players are keeping themselves fresh by cheating their way out..

^ Look. That's the difference. Being #1 team' date=' we are not a Whinging team like a fake tem like England..We know that these things happen. But when these over-hyped teams like England try to whing about everything under the sun/overcast sky/cloud (pun intended), [b']then I think Indian team should lodge an official protest and not alloow these cheaters to get away with these comfort breaks.. It's totally against the spirit of the game that players are keeping themselves fresh by cheating their way out..
Exactly. All the high paid managers should call it. If you can see it they better see it too. This is a chronic Brit problem. I was watching a game against England at Kotla where this no name bowler John Lever wrecked the Indian team and then Bedi stated the obvious that he covered his face with vaseline and was applying it to the ball. Instead of taking action against John they cancelled Bedi's contract in the county. They will get away with it if not stopped.
His inexperience came through' date=' that's it. Yuvi would have been slaughtered if he had opened.[/quote'] Where did I say that yuvi should open? My comment was in relation to the OP For this game, with GG out, Ind didn't have enough options so it's understandable that mukund is opening but I wouldn't just automatically pick him in the 11 over Yuvi without looking at all factors
They are a good workman like team filled with very fit athletes with a great work ethic and will produce very impressive results every now and then. We are a team with pure natural cricketers with ability no other team in the world can match, and when we are on song we will be almost impossible to beat. Our work ethic sometimes lets us down and we come a cropper.
Correct!