Sign in to follow this  
zen

Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion

Trent Bridge Test, 2011 : Day by day prediction and discussion  

1. 1.

• India
    • England

Playing in trent bridge would be easiest after first hour or first session. At that time Swann would be bowling. Who would be there to take advantage of those conditions? Yuvraj and Dhoni? I want to see Laxman at no 5 and not no 3. He can easily make spinner look like part-timer and would be better against pacer too. If Yuvi, Raina and Dhoni get stuck against Swann, then that would add extra pressure. Swann should be easiest bowler to face in these conditions. But he might get worst batsmen of spin to bowl at, if Laxman comes at no 3. :/

I'd maybe promote Raina to 3 and give him some responsibility. Unless Sachin was prepared to either come in at 1 down or drop to 5 (Raina would then go to 4).
Raina at 3 sounds better than Laxman or Yuvraj at 3. Then Laxman can go back to his usual position at 5 and Yuvraj can come in after him.

Guest Gunner   
Guest Gunner

I don't know what is the problem with you people. After repeated warnings you keep attacking the poster instead of replying to the point he is making. If this continues I am going to lock this thread.

India has the best chance of winning at this ground because it will help their bowlers the most. On tracks like Lords or Edgbaston, Ishant, Sree, PK, Bhajji will be out bowled by Broad, Anderson, Tremlett. India has a good batting lineup and if they put up a good total on board, their bowlers will be in business. Same thing happened in Durban. It was a deadly, swinging, bouncing track and everyone expected India to fold but they outplayed SA.

We need to have a fit team to win.. if 3 of our key players are not fit' date=' how do we expect to win?[/quote'] Elementary my dear Watson, Elementary

Trent Bridge test,the test that matters.. for No.1 Team team in the world, Team India :isalute: From Poms to Pakis haters are in full swing. English pundits,their media outlets and keyboard warriors from "land of pure" have already written up tour team's obituary, not only questioning our numero uno status but also going to the extend of hailing England as the REAL champions of test cricket!! While listening to or reading these guys one gets the impression Team India have already surrendered the test series 4-0 !! Last year in a test series which was labelled as "battle among equals" (rightly too) we lost first test against SAF at Centurion but came back strongly and defeated Saffies at the fastest pitch in the world!! There's no reason why Team India can't bounce back and shut those desperate mouths! C'mon Team India :two_thumbs_up:

We need to have a fit team to win.. if 3 of our key players are not fit' date=' how do we expect to win?[/quote'] How do we expect? We have to expect. We have been in similar situation in the past. Plus, it's something which we can't do anything about anways if our players are injured. We are top test nation and should know how to play when our players are injured. You forgot 2008 perth test? We had lost first 2 test and came back strong. Zaheer didn't play in that game either. Our bowlers picked their game up and so did the bats. We replied well.

merge with cricketicz thread? same theme to the OP? Bounce back and beat the land-o-sherlock holmes. All the jingoism apart - this is a very tough situation without ZK, Sehwag and half-fit Gambhir. The lone spinner is determined to throw darts, and MS Dhoni's batting has lost its way. Are they going to drop the dart hurler and go with no-ball Mishra or erratic-Sreesanth? So, many things need to fall in place. India has taken this series (preparation for the series) too lightly, and hence under cooked.

merge with cricketicz thread? same theme to the OP? Bounce back and beat the land-o-sherlock holmes. All the jingoism apart - this is a very tough situation without ZK, Sehwag and half-fit Gambhir. The lone spinner is determined to throw darts, and MS Dhoni's batting has lost its way. Are they going to drop the dart hurler and go with no-ball Mishra or erratic-Sreesanth? So, many things need to fall in place. India has taken this series (preparation for the series) too lightly, and hence under cooked.
With all due respect, if we were fully prepared and even 1 up in the series with all the guys full fit you would said something opposite like India seems over confident, they will be complacent and its trent bridge, our batters willl struggle, blah blah things..so I think no one cares what you think anyways. :--D:--D:--D:haha::haha::haha:

It is Sherlock Holmes vs Karam Chand....Looks like some of our Karam Chands need to go on a carrot diet to shed some pounds and look healthier
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Since Gambo is unlikely to play, I'd prefer if Sachin was moved up the order so that Dravid can retain his #3 spot. That said though, I think MSD is batting too low down. The good news (apparently) is that Sehwag MAY be able to play in the 3rd Test if he recuperates a 100%, and it's being said he's doing well so far. Then again the source is TOI, so I wouldn't light up the fireworks just yet.

Since Gambo is unlikely to play, I'd prefer if Sachin was moved up the order so that Dravid can retain his #3 spot. That said though, I think MSD is batting too low down.
Sachin will never move from #4 in normal circumstance. The others may shuffle around him, but it's a fixed spot for Sachin.

X1, considering the unfits: - Mukund - Dravid - Laxman - Tendu - Raina - Yuvi - Dhoni - PK - Ishant - Sree - Munaf / Mishra PS GG seems to be available so not as bad as I initially thought
Putting Laxman ahead of Sachin is harakiri imo. I also don't think Dravid should open, but it's not like we're spoilt for choice anyway. As if Zak and Viru's absence wasn't enough, we now have to deal with missing out on yet another opener in Gambhir (as of now, he's not available). If we manage to win or even draw this Test, it'll be a testament to our ability to grit our way through what seems (increasingly) like a voodoo curse gone berserk.

Putting Laxman ahead of Sachin is harakiri imo. I also don't think Dravid should open, but it's not like we're spoilt for choice anyway. As if Zak and Viru's absence wasn't enough, we now have to deal with missing out on yet another opener in Gambhir (as of now, he's not available). If we manage to win or even draw this Test, it'll be a testament to our ability to grit our way through what seems (increasingly) like a voodoo curse gone berserk.
There is nothing to whine about.If one player is injured ,the indian team must be capable of replacing him.It is not as if one player is indispensible.We may not find a replacement for Tendulkar when the big three retire but we can certainly find a replacement for Dravid or Laxman cause' they are not once in a lifetime players like Tendulkar.Everyone says Ganguly is a great player but we are not feeling his absence because Suresh Raina is performing as good as him.

I don't know what is the problem with you people. After repeated warnings you keep attacking the poster instead of replying to the point he is making. If this continues I am going to lock this thread.
wobblydoggy trolls a lot and that is why he gets the responses he gets.

will we see the gud-sree or the bad-sree... only time will tell.. i dont care how the pitch gonna be 1st session i wana see IND bat first.
No.If the pitch has some bounce or juice in it,I would like to see India bowl first because it will be the perfect opportunity for the Indian pacers to make use of the conditions.Also you need to allow players like Yuvraj some time on the field to get used to the test match atmosphere because he is playing for the first time in a test match since the Sri Lanka series.

What should be the order of the batsmen? Mukund Dravid Laxman Sachin Yuvi Raina Dhoni This looks weak after Sachin. 2-3 quick wickets in first hour and England may run into this side when the playing actually becomes little bit easier.
Why didn't you selected Gambhir? He is fit for second test

There is nothing to whine about.If one player is injured ' date=the indian team must be capable of replacing him.It is not as if one player is indispensible.We may not find a replacement for Tendulkar when the big three retire but we can certainly find a replacement for Dravid or Laxman cause' they are not once in a lifetime players like Tendulkar.Everyone says Ganguly is a great player but we are not feeling his absence because Suresh Raina is performing as good as him.
What does this have anything to do with what I just said? Anyway... to say Dravid and Laxman are not once in a lifetime players is really... something. Sachin is irreplaceable in his own way, and the same holds true for these two. And did you just compare Suresh Raina to Ganguly? :cantstop: As for the Indian team having to be capable enough to replace injured players- I'm not debating that either, but it's much easier said than done when the injured people in question are your main strike bowler and 2 opening Test batsmen who have the ability to make the opposition's bowlers crap their pants. Yuvraj as an opener just won't work.
He is fit for second test
Is he? Because if that's true we all will be heaving a huge sigh of relief. Last I heard, he wasn't fit to play.

What does this have anything to do with what I just said? As if Zak and Viru's absence wasn't enough, we now have to deal with missing out on yet another opener in Gambhir (as of now, he's not available). If we manage to win or even draw this Test, it'll be a testament to our ability to grit our way through what seems (increasingly) like a voodoo curse gone berserk.
You were whining.

What does this have anything to do with what I just said? Is he? Because if that's true we all will be heaving a huge sigh of relief. Last I heard, he wasn't fit to play.
Gambhir Might play if he pass in fitness test before the match. Gambhir's injury is not a major injury. He batted in second innings and he looks good while he batting. Dhoni said, Gambhir was doubtful "as of now". Dhoni might say Gambhir is fit "as of now". So I hope Gambhir will play and Yuvi might replace Raina or Mukund

Gambhir Might play if he pass in fitness test before the match. Gambhir's injury is not a major injury. He batted in second innings and he looks good while he batting. Dhoni said, Gambhir was doubtful "as of now". Dhoni might say Gambhir is fit "as of now". So I hope Gambhir will play and Yuvi might replace Raina or Mukund
:WTF:

Gambhir Might play if he pass in fitness test before the match. Gambhir's injury is not a major injury. He batted in second innings and he looks good while he batting. Dhoni said, Gambhir was doubtful "as of now". Dhoni might say Gambhir is fit "as of now". So I hope Gambhir will play and Yuvi might replace Raina or Mukund[/QUOTE] You must be out of your mind if you say Yuvraj must replace Raina or Mukund.Both of them provided valuable contributions in the first test and Yuvraj Singh wont be able to provide even half of that.He chases deliveries outside offstump similar to Raina,but Raina is hungry to cement his spot in the test side.But Yuvraj after being man-of-the-tournament at the sight of Stuart Broad or Kevin Pietersen would try to go after them which could result him in his losing his wicket.

i just want to know what is wrong with the English media.If you see,when India got the World No 1 ranking for the first time after beating Srilanka,no one congratulated India and Ian Chappell along with his girlfriend Sanju Manju was the first to criticise India telling that they must win in Aus or SA to prove their no 1 ranking.So when India attains No 1 ranking,it is time to prove,when others attain it it is time to bloat.

My XI if Gambhir doesn't play: Mukund Sachin Dravid Laxman Yuvraj Raina MSD (I still think he'd perform better if he wasn't so low down the order) Darty (only because I know he'll never be dropped) PK Sreesanth Ishant

Yuvraj was duck out in practice match only because its a practice match. If Yuvi played in Lords test, He too might scored at least an half century in any of the innings which has been scored by Raina and Mukund. Mukund is chasing the outside off stump deliveries. Yuvi also hunger to cement his test spot. If Yuvi plays in first test, Kevin Pieterson may not scored that double Hundred. KP vs UV will be a tough contest as we seen in past. KP will need to handle pressure against Yuvraj. And don't under estimate Yuvraj,because He is World cup hero. Team India need to utilize UV's all round performance with bat and ball.

You are confusing One-Day with test performance.Also Yuvraj is a part timer with the ball in test cricket.He gets wickets in one-dayers because batsman feel he is the part-timer and go after him.Also regarding Mukund,he scored a 49 and was anxious to get to a 50 in the first innings.Thats why he nicked one.And seeing the way he was sent to give the interview.Mukund wont be dropped for the rest of the series.He can replace Sehwag as long as Sehwag is fit for the next IPL.After all ,we all want sehwag to perform for DD.:facepalm:

@ sudheer.b: It's one thing to say Yuvraj should play, but another to suggest he should replace either Mukund or Raina! As if we don't already have problems selecting a playing XI, you want to do away with the 2 guys who've done well for us so far!