Sign in to follow this  
King Tendulkar

Worst shot ever!

Pieterson surely played on of the worst shots ever seen yesterday in terms of match situation yesterday. Last ball of the day and he trys to play extravagant pull shot and gets caught behind. What a dope:haha: Any other worst shots ever in terms of match situation. Not sure anything can top dopey KP. What was he thinking!!!!! Twat!

That's the whole point. He wasn't. At 3/121 and facing the last ball, even the last over, the first thoughts of a responsible Test batsman would be: If the ball is off the stumps, I simple won't be playing at it.

Pieterson surely played on of the worst shots ever seen yesterday in terms of match situation yesterday. Last ball of the day and he trys to play extravagant pull shot and gets caught behind. What a dope:haha: Any other worst shots ever in terms of match situation. Not sure anything can top dopey KP. What was he thinking!!!!! Twat!
v7cMMzZ7GUs

Haha. Good one mate. :D I suppose I've seen many but Warney's hoik to the only fieldsman in the deep when on 99 in a Test against New Zealand was a major ego explosion. Any touch to the leg was an easy single.

No way, i've seen worse. Sehwag's bizarre dismissal by Giles in the '02 Natwest Series final. He waited, and waited and waited.... Azhar pulling a wide ball by Fleming onto his stumps in '96 World Cup vs AUS...very strange.

No way, i've seen worse. Sehwag's bizarre dismissal by Giles in the '02 Natwest Series final. He waited, and waited and waited.... Azhar pulling a wide ball by Fleming onto his stumps in '96 World Cup vs AUS...very strange.
since 2000 findings, any 'strange' dismissal of Azza's has a sound explanation :tounge_smile:

Two dismissals come to mind ! Nayan Mongia's across the line swipe against Waqar in the 1999 chennai test.This HURT. Nayan Mongia and Javagal Srinath - Their dismissals against Zim in the 99 world cup.

Nayan Mongia's across the line swipe against Waqar in the 1999 chennai test.This HURT.
I still can not beleive he played that shot. With SRT cramping as it was why the hell did he have to play that slog? Specially with no other batsman to follow :confused_smile: India should have won that game had Mongia not lost his cool. A classic case of so near and yet so far away. xxx

Nayan Mongia's across the line swipe against Waqar in the 1999 chennai test.This HURT.
that was against wasim if i recall correctly... man that hurt though, him and tendu had done exceptionally well and then suddenly the idiot donated his wicket to wasim who certainly did not deserve one that day!

What would the other 4 be ? Mongia 152 vs AUS @ Delhi '96 Mongia 80 vs WI @ Mumbai '94 (he walked in when IND were 5 down for 100, facing Walsh and Benjamin) Parthiv 69 vs PAK @ Rawalpindi '04 Any Kirmani innings ?

Kirmani played a lot of fighting rearguards with Kapil and Shastri in the lower middle order. He made a century in Azhar's debut series against England from number 8 to set up India's only win of the series. Was quite a gritty b@stard.

How can u guys forget Dhoni's 148 in Faislabad ? In my opinion it was a better knock than Mongia's 152. The circumstances were harder , bowling attack better. Its such a shame that Mongia has 2 innings in the top 5 by all wicket keepr batman. He was one of the most limited wicket keepr batsman. Hopefully with Karthik and Dhoni in the team , things will change.

Faislabad wasnt any easier to bat than Kotla. Kotla was slow dusty turner , with nothing in it for the fast bowlers. And Aus was without Warne too. Their bowling attack was pretty weak too. Mcgrath was just about starting , Rieffel was average and they had Hogg as their spinner. Aus were bundled out cheaply in their first innings too. Faislabad however , was much tougher challenge. We were facing the threat of follow-on , Shoaib was bowling a fiery spell. Dhoni's century saved the match for us.

There was nothing in the Faisalabad pitch and the only half threat in the bowling attack was Akhtar. Kotla was a spiteful track where even McIntyre was getting decent purchase. Reiffel was a pretty decent bowler and McGrath had played 20 tests by then and was coming off two superb series against WI and Pakistan.

Guest dada_rocks   
Guest dada_rocks
that was against wasim if i recall correctly... man that hurt though' date=' him and tendu had done exceptionally well and then suddenly the idiot donated his wicket to wasim who certainly did not deserve one that day![/quote'] that was deliberate by Mongia in tendu's opinion and I concur..

Mongia 80 vs WI @ Mumbai '94 (he walked in when IND were 5 down for 100, facing Walsh and Benjamin)
saw it live. First cricket game I ever went to. :thumbs_up: Tendu played well for his 85(I think he scored)... I remember Srinath hitting a huge six too...

Re; Chennai '99 - Tendulkar should have let Joshi go after the bowling; the spinner had tonked a six off Saqlain IIRC, and India were within touching distance of that target fo 271. That said, his shot to get out was absolutely awful. I bet he still regrets playing it.