Will you enter politics under Congress party banner?

Vijay.Sharma

Will you enter politics under Congress party banner?  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Suppose you had an opportunity to enter politics and assume that entering politics means a good thing i.e. you get to make a real difference to the quality of peoples' lives, positively. The poll is to gage how popular the Congress is among ICF'ers as a party to join. However, we can use the thread to talk about other parties that you think would be a good start point for you to engage in politics positively. Please assume, for the sake of this thread, that you can not start a new political party and that you have to join an existing one. Which one would you choose?

Guest Gunner

I actually quite like the idea of joining BJP, they are the ones who don't have a PM candidate and are ripe to be taken over and imposed upon by someone with a strong will.

assume that entering politics means a good thing i.e. you get to make a real difference to the quality of peoples' lives' date=' positively.[/b']
I'd rather fight the elections as an independent and lose badly. Imagine how society would refer to one after the results "hey look, there goes the Looser".

Suppose you had an opportunity to enter politics and assume that entering politics means a good thing i.e. you get to make a real difference to the quality of peoples' lives' date=' positively.[/color']
My natural question. If you are assuming that the person is entering to make a positive difference to the lives of the citizens of his constituency, would ideological bearing even matter at all? I.e to say, the only (broad) ideology that would matter is the good of the people.

^ Damn BP...Whats the matter with you? Is today "retarded-posts" day for you ?
I am telling u the truth man. I dont wanna reveal his name or his party's name, but he is doing great with all the influence he has with the important politicians. He does everything, from Exortion, pimping, Agent for political goons, real estate, u name it. He got arrested, but the politicians bailed him out and the first thing he did was to throw a party to us. He never looked unhappy about anything.

My natural question. If you are assuming that the person is entering to make a positive difference to the lives of the citizens of his constituency, would ideological bearing even matter at all? I.e to say, the only (broad) ideology that would matter is the good of the people.
What about the antics of some party comrades who squander thousands of crores ? Would you stay silent and carry on with whatever good you can do (MMS/Pranab ?) or risk being a martyr ?

Sure would. By the by, was the bigger question(for you) was who would support Congress as a candidate or who would actually dare to contest an election?
I have been thinking about public service a lot over the years...I do a micro, nano bit myself but I have always been interested in doing it with a broader scope and politics is by far the best way to bring about changes. So, I would "dare" to contest an election if I have some publicity and backing. But I haven't done so until now because I don't want to be viewed upon like one of dem south bombay buggers who stand for elections because they want a break from their corporate life...u know the pseudo "India changers". So far I am not financially secure enough to focus full time on politics. But would like to enter it at some point in life or find another way of doing something of a larger scope for society - maybe adopt a village or influence society in some other way, like do something with the educational system, etc. @Mariyam: The party ideology question is a very good one. But I am being practical. I can tell for myself that my ideology agrees with none of the current parties' ideologies. I also think ideology is not such a big thing anyway because I believe ideology is a static thing. And reality is that change is built into the universe so if you start with a static template (ideology, religion, 'ism', 'ophy', 'ogy', etc) then you are not gonna grow much. The ideology should change based on t,s,p,c (in case you need a better understanding of these 4 fundamental variables/factors that control our experiences I can do that offline but don't make fun of them. There is quite some thought gone into figuring these 4 fundamental factors and there is lot of meaning in them - they are not just introduced for literary purposes). So, ideology-wise I am more likely to attest to national parties than regional ones. Congress, BJP, JD? Honestly, I will choose and change based on t,s,p,c because my interest is in the work/outcome that I wanna bring about and I view the political party as just a vehicle to enable me to do what I wanna do (I am being honest to myself when I say that). However, I can say that Congress seems unlikely right now because it is a little too dynastic in nature and like Kabira sez, who the hell wants to be Rahul baba's b!tch?

I have been thinking about public service a lot over the years...I do a micro, nano bit myself but I have always been interested in doing it with a broader scope and politics is by far the best way to bring about changes. So, I would "dare" to contest an election if I have some publicity and backing. But I haven't done so until now because I don't want to be viewed upon like one of dem south bombay buggers who stand for elections because they want a break from their corporate life...u know the pseudo "India changers". So far I am not financially secure enough to focus full time on politics. But would like to enter it at some point in life or find another way of doing something of a larger scope for society - maybe adopt a village or influence society in some other way, like do something with the educational system, etc.
Good on you. As they say in my hometown, Tum aage badho hum aapke saath hain..poora Bihar aapke saath hai...:cantstop: Seriously though, would love to contest election from my hometown some day. Partially because well I can not. It is a reserved constituency, so even though a person is born and raised there he can not contest, how retarded is that? I would perhaps contest against that day only some day :--D