Whats New?

kabira

Aussies can't play Spin, Indian youngsters can't handle short stuff. So when Indian youngsters struggle against short pitch stuff or extra bounce on the pitch. they are criticized like hell. But Aussies for ages can't play spin, ofcourse likes of Hayden, Martyn, Waugh brothers did play spinners well after adapting and playing lot of cricket. These aussie new generation, is even struggling against likes of Herath and Mendis. If they play more and more, they will improve. ACB is organized board, how come they are not able to train this batsman to play spin?? Its so easy to say BCCI can't produce bouncy tracks, but its not possible to do so everywhere. See even Aussies can't get turning tracks in their domestic tournaments.

Aussies can't play Spin, Indian youngsters can't handle short stuff. So when Indian youngsters struggle against short pitch stuff or extra bounce on the pitch. they are criticized like hell. But Aussies for ages can't play spin, ofcourse likes of Hayden, Martyn, Waugh brothers did play spinners well after adapting and playing lot of cricket. These aussie new generation, is even struggling against likes of Herath and Mendis. If they play more and more, they will improve. ACB is organized board, how come they are not able to train this batsman to play spin?? Its so easy to say BCCI can't produce bouncy tracks, but its not possible to do so everywhere. See even Aussies can't get turning tracks in their domestic tournaments.
Calm down. Everyone from Tony Greig, Tom Moody, to the captain himself Cameron White were saying they failed against spin.

Even we succumb to Mendis spin plenty of times. Let's not judge the new aussie lot. I think it's unfair to say they are not good at spin. On their day they can smack too. I would rather wait for test series to see how they fair. I have feeling, Punter and Hussey will have a good series.

Calm down. Everyone from Tony Greig' date=' Tom Moody, to the captain himself Cameron White were saying they failed against spin.[/quote'] I am not talking about today. I am talking in general. Our guys find it hard on bouncy tracks and these lot find it hard on spinning track. But its us who get hammered by critics.

Cause the effect of a lone (or even two) spinner on a team is not as devastating as that of 3 quicks hounding your bats all innings. Yes, there are these occasional 6fers and 7fers, but for most part each of these teams has just one good spinner.

Cause the effect of a lone (or even two) spinner on a team is not as devastating as that of 3 quicks hounding your bats all innings. Yes' date=' there are these occasional 6fers and 7fers, but for most part each of these teams has just one good spinner.[/quote'] Good point.
Cause the effect of a lone (or even two) spinner on a team is not as devastating as that of 3 quicks hounding your bats all innings. Yes' date=' there are these occasional 6fers and 7fers, but for most part each of these teams has just one good spinner.[/quote'] if you have 2 good spinners they will play and if you cannot pick them you got liitle chance against fast bowler you can survive but not against spinners

Who cares what Australian youngsters do ? We need to worry and care about our players. We need to set our own standard. We should not compare our selves with Australia. Australia's lack of playing spin does not give us permission to play the short ball terribly. We lack in that department, and no matter how bad other countries might play, we need to improve it.

I agree with the OP. Somehow the Aussies and Englishmen believe that playing on bouncy and seaming pitches is a must for being a good test match batsmen and playing spin is not. These Aussies and Englishmen, even the experienced ones have been struggling for ages against good quality spin bowlers in our pitches but whenever sub continent batsmen fail abroad they begin criticizing they are not good enough for test cricket. Nobody can be perfect. Batsmen brought up on slow, low tracks will find it difficult to adjust to pitches which have bounce and seam movement. But they will adapt like Sachin, Dravid etc.

I am not talking about today. I am talking in general. Our guys find it hard on bouncy tracks and these lot find it hard on spinning track. But its us who get hammered by critics.
Well that's you opinion but since the Australians lost the ashes to Flintoff/Jones/Harmison even with their senior players the media has generally criticized and said that Australians can't play quality swing bowling. Every team gets criticized for their weakenesses, India are no different. Instead of worrying about perception, why not focus on the reality that the new Indian batsmen have generally struggled against bounce/pace.