Quadrangular Under-19 Series (India),Sept 2011/12

nsareen

India U19 to play Quadrangular trophy next month. The matches would happen in India. The other teams are Australia, West Indies & Probably Sri Lanka. Australia have a pretty strong Youth Team. I Wonder who are the india U19 this time around. I hope they are better than the folks who played in New Zealand.

I'm eagerly waiting to see some U19 cricket. Bored with the seniors. Need some fresh energy, WHO do not get injured like a blink of an eye. WATCH LIST OF U19 YOUNGSTERS : UNMUKT CHAND ---- DELHI : Pretty Soli Batsman, aggressive like Sehwag. RUSH KALARIA ---------- Gujrat: Guj won the U19 Vinoo Mankad Trophy, main contributor, this lad. Left Arm Fast Bowling all rounder. SANDEEP SHARMA : Punjab: Played in the Last World Cup, he was 16 then, now probably 17-18. Has banana Inswingers like PK. Faster than PK though. ANKIT BAWNE: Already Played Ranji and has impressed a lot of people DEEPAK CHAHAR: We all know what he did to hyderabad. Created a new Domestic Record. Don;t know how old is he, how is he eligible. Must be above 19 i guess. SHREYAS GOPAL: Karnataka : Batsman and a Leg Spin Bowler. Already has tons of articles on him, they say another Dravid in the Making. KUMAR DEOBRAT: Jharkand : Already has half centuries against Gujrat, Mumbai, in List A, has an average of 63 in List A and the strike rate is not bad also. MEHBOOB BASHA: ANDHRA : Off Spinner , has taken all 10 wickets in a match against Tripura.

I'm eagerly waiting to see some U19 cricket. Bored with the seniors. Need some fresh energy, WHO do not get injured like a blink of an eye. WATCH LIST OF U19 YOUNGSTERS : UNMUKT CHAND ---- DELHI : Pretty Soli Batsman, aggressive like Sehwag. RUSH KALARIA ---------- Gujrat: Guj won the U19 Vinoo Mankad Trophy, main contributor, this lad. Left Arm Fast Bowling all rounder. SANDEEP SHARMA : Punjab: Played in the Last World Cup, he was 16 then, now probably 17-18. Has banana Inswingers like PK. Faster than PK though. ANKIT BAWNE: Already Played Ranji and has impressed a lot of people DEEPAK CHAHAR: We all know what he did to hyderabad. Created a new Domestic Record. Don;t know how old is he, how is he eligible. Must be above 19 i guess. SHREYAS GOPAL: Karnataka : Batsman and a Leg Spin Bowler. Already has tons of articles on him, they say another Dravid in the Making. KUMAR DEOBRAT: Jharkand : Already has half centuries against Gujrat, Mumbai, in List A, has an average of 63 in List A and the strike rate is not bad also. MEHBOOB BASHA: ANDHRA : Off Spinner , has taken all 10 wickets in a match against Tripura.
Good information. Thanks for sharing. About the part about Gujarat winning the Vinoo Mankad Tournament, I vividly recall following that tournament last year(2010-2011) and it was actually Punjab, captained by Mandeep, which won the tournament by defeating Mumbai and MP in the knockouts, and the Unmukt lead Delhi team in the finals. Perhaps you're talking of a previous year VM tourney or have mixed up the tournament. I recall that because both the captains, Unmukt and Mandeep, would then debut in the Ranji Trophy together and make their maiden centuries as well in their first season. http://www.bccicricket.org/cims/web/jsp/FullScoreCard.jsp?matchid=2128 [edit] I haven't been in touch with cricket for a couple of months and maybe you're talking about this year's winner? It has already passed this year? hmmm
In fast bowling department..Ronit More and Parappa Mordi from Karnataka, NH Yadav from Delhi, Kamal Passi from Punjab have done quite well. This is the Cooch Behar trophy 2010-11 matches list. http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Seasons/IND/2010-11_IND_Cooch_Behar_Trophy_2010-11.html
All these three are not there in the top 10 wicket takers list. But i've read about Mordi, being quite Fast. And More is already playing in the Emerging Players Tournament. From Punjab, i've seen Sandeep Sharma, who looks good, do not know about Passi.
All these three are not there in the top 10 wicket takers list. But i've read about Mordi, being quite Fast. And More is already playing in the Emerging Players Tournament. From Punjab, i've seen Sandeep Sharma, who looks good, do not know about Passi.
Also look at the average and the balls they have bowled. Most in the top 10 are spinners who have bowled lots of balls. Mordi has played very few matches an dhis strike rate is 38 and average is 20 even better than Kalaria though has bowled less balls. but if he had played more games he would have been in top 10 for sure. Also Kamal Passi has bowled well too. Ronti More i snot bad. I do not see any other pacer other than these.
Also look at the average and the balls they have bowled. Most in the top 10 are spinners who have bowler lost of balls. Mordi has played very few matches an dhis strike rate is 38 and average is 20 even better than Kalaria though has bowled less balls. but if he had played more games he would have been in top 10 for sure. Also Kamal Passi has bowled well too. Ronti More i snot bad. I do not see any other pacer other than these.
Well Sandeep Sharma is to be looked upon. He has huge banana InSwingers, and it seems he has developed the outswinger too lately. Deepak Chahar is another one who moves the ball both ways, is a handy bat too. I do not know why Mordi & More are not in the NCA U19 short listed players who are currently in Bangalore training hard. World Cup is in 2012. They need to start identifying good players, and groom them.
Well Sandeep Sharma is to be looked upon. He has huge banana InSwingers' date= and it seems he has developed the outswinger too lately. Deepak Chahar is another one who moves the ball both ways, is a handy bat too. I do not know why Mordi & More are not in the NCA U19 short listed players who are currently in Bangalore training hard. World Cup is in 2012. They need to start identifying good players, and groom them.
I think Chahar is already 19 and may not play U19 WC. Sandeep Sharma has played last U19 WC so he may or may not be selected again, that is why I did not take their names.
Thanks for the Info. Looks a bowler with skills. Built looks fine too for an U19 player. Hope he impresses and improves on his skills as he is a Decent Bat, and they already claim him to be an allrounder.

More and Mordi both are MRF trainees, I think that is why they have not been picked. I have seen this lately that MRF players are not picked. I was surprised when Varun Aaron and Rahul Shukla both MRF trainees and also hefty wicket takers at the junior level were not picked for any India U19 teams. That is unbelievable. Both of these bowlers have taken many a 5-wicket hauls in Cooch Behar trophy, both also have even 8-wicket hauls and despite this. We saw likes of Shivkumar as picked in 2008 who did even play a single game and Varun Aaron could have been picked in that U-19 WC. Also in 2010 Harshal Patel was picked who was ordinary, instead of him, Rahul Shukla who was also 19 could have been picked.

I think Chahar is already 19 and may not play U19 WC. Sandeep Sharma has played last U19 WC so he may or may not be selected again' date=' that is why I did not take their names.[/quote'] Do not know about Chahar, i have doubts myself on his availability. But Sandeep sharma, can definately play, Jadeja played 2 world cups, so why can't this lad play.
More and Mordi both are MRF trainees, I think that is why they have not been picked. I have seen this lately that MRF players are not picked. I was surprised when Varun Aaron and Rahul Shukla both MRF trainees and also hefty wicket takers at the junior level were not picked for any India U19 teams. That is unbelievable. Both of these bowlers have taken many a 5-wicket hauls in Cooch Behar trophy, both also have even 8-wicket hauls and despite this. We saw likes of Shivkumar as picked in 2008 who did even play a single game and Varun Aaron could have been picked in that U-19 WC. Also in 2010 Harshal Patel was picked who was ordinary, instead of him, Rahul Shukla who was also 19 could have been picked.
Interesting point. Maybe they have commitments to MRF academy, which hold higher priority than the U19 World Cup. But yes, if this is a trend we may not be able to see both of them in the World Cup.