Quadrangular Under-19 Series (India),Sept 2011/12

nsareen

I remember Mayank Agarwal & Mandeep Singh blasted the aussie bowlers in Australia before the last world cup, they both hit around 10-12 sixes or something like that, but even then India din't play well in the World Cup which happened in New Zealand. This performance is outstanding, i've never seen so much dominance in an U19 game in the previous DECADE , but as i said, this is just the start, there are 2 more teams in the tournament, and then eventually the world cup is in Australia, hope that they continue the dominance till the world cup. But i can't hide my excitement ,seeing this performance, this is mind blowing....... :winky:

I remember Mayank Agarwal & Mandeep Singh blasted the aussie bowlers in Australia before the last world cup, they both hit around 10-12 sixes or something like that, but even then India din't play well in the World Cup which happened in New Zealand. This performance is outstanding, i've never seen so much dominance in an U19 game in the previous DECADE , but as i said, this is just the start, there are 2 more teams in the tournament, and then eventually the world cup is in Australia, hope that they continue the dominance till the world cup. But i can't hide my excitement ,seeing this performance, this is mind blowing....... :winky:
that team was too dependent on Mayank and Mandeep in terms of batting. Lets see how other guys from this team performs. That is why 2008 team was good. They had all good performing batsmen like Tanmay Srivastava, Virat, Taruvar Kohli who is exactly in Dravid mold with similar shots and technique, as well as Saurabh Tiwary, Shrivats Goswami, and Manish Pandey. All these 6 guys were performing lead up the WC really well.

Is this full strength Australia U 19? Shocking to see india U19 win comprehensevly with 10 wickets in hand and scoring at 14 runs per over. Did oz's send full strength team? If yes, then it's remarkable achievement for our young chaps. Also, this performance throws more insight into some facts. 1) Australia as any other country has limited talent but there domestic structure is very strong to produce good fighting talent. 2) Indian young champs have problem with fast bouncy tracks and vice versa is so true. Aussies young champs do have their share of problems dealing slow spinning tracks. This is no rocket science but it's a nice feeling to know this. BTW, who is this guy Baba ramdev...oops i mean Baba Aparajith? Seems like bhajji has some serious competition here.

Well India U19 hasn't even included Nikhil Gangta, he is even more destructive of the Batsman in the U19 category, from what i've heard. Manan Vohra has lot of articles on him, he has been a consistent performer for Punjab along with Kamal Passi & Sandeep Sharma. Looking forward to see them playing live on Cameras, but i guess can't see them before the World Cup happens. This performance will definately put them Under the IPL Radar. Chand is already playing for Delhi Daredevils, but Vohra will have some teams spying on him.

My thoughts have become official with this report on cricinfo, this is indeed a record chase in U19 cricket not in a Decade but since U19 cricket started. India U-19s pummel Australia U-19s in record chase India Under-19s decimated Australia Under-19s in the first youth ODI of the quadrangular tournament in Visakhapatnam. They won by ten wickets and 38 overs to spare in what was the fastest chase of a total more than 100 in U-19 cricket. After choosing to bat, Australia folded for 163 in 41.1 overs. Only wicketkeeper James Peirson offered some resistance with a fluent 51. Offspinner Baba Aparajith claimed five middle-order wickets in 8.1 overs. The India openers, Manan Vohra and Unmukt Chand, were brutal in reply, scoring 167 in 12 overs at a run-rate of 13.91. Vohra's 79 off 35 balls was studded with 15 fours and two sixes, while Chand made 72 off 40 with 11 fours and three sixes. Australia captain Cameron Bancroft employed five bowlers in the short chase, but none of them could manage an economy-rate of below 10. The opening pair was particularly harsh on spinners Ashton Turner and Shane Cassell, slamming them for 17.50 and 23 runs an over respectively. India take on Sri Lanka U-19s in their next game on September 29, while Australia play West Indies U-19s on the same day.