Quadrangular Under-19 Series (India),Sept 2011/12

nsareen

The bowlers picked for the squad and their performances in last year's Cooch Behar Trophy Pacers Kamal Passi- Right hand fast medium, took 22 wickets@25 Rush Kalaria- Left arm fast medium, 34 wickets@21 Sandeep Sharma- Right arm fast medium, 20 wickets@29 Mohsin Sayyed- Left arm medium, 5 wickets@23 Spinners Vikas Mishra Harmeet Singh All rounders: Baba Apparajith- Right arm off break, 234 runs@47 and 15 wickets@27 in 4 matches Among the batsmen, Kumar Deobrat and Unmukt Chand are the two names to watch out for. One name missing out is that of Aushik Srinivas, a left arm spinner from TN. Had a fantastic start to his Ranji career as a 16 year old in 2009-10 season.

It is a pity that our young players only get noticed or into spotlight, media and all if they are in IPL squad, we cannot watch domestic cricket much like Australia, or England where there is high visibility for, grade , under 19 and domestic players, with coverage in media and cricket broadcast, I am not aware of our u19 players much?I hope we select in terms of potential, talent not scores alone, at this age it is that what also counts alot , since alot of subcontinent players mature later then our counterparts in australia or england. The goal should not be to find or select players that will be good first class players , but to find that one sachin , zaheer that might fall thru the cracks.

Sandeep Sharma is a pretty decent bowler. the last world cup he played was 16, and he did bowl big banana inswingers. and he was decent with the pace, at times touching 133kmph, he was the second fastest of the indian bowlers after Jaydev Unadkat who had touched 135-136kmph. Rush kalaria has lot of articles on him. He was the main reason, Gujrat won the U-19 domestic tournament. he is a left arm medium pacer, and a handy bat. Other two, bowlers i would have to do a bit of research on them. But i do not know why there are some players missing from this lineup who i expected to play. 1) Deepak Chahar : Again talented medium pacer from Rajasthan : has a 8fer to his name. 2) Shreyas : Karnataka allrounder. Nice leg break bowler, and a talented bat. He has tons of articles on his name. 3) Nikhil Gangta : Himachal Pradesh : he is supposed to be a fine explosive top order batsman, like the Mayank Aggarwal's Unmukt chand etc. Do not know why he is not picked. This is a quadrangular series. maybe there are still some places open for the world cup seat next year in Australia. maybe they will have a look at some more medium pacers, before they finalize the world cup team.

Our trundlers supply is in good hands :haha: U-19 pie throwers?
you rarely gets genuine pacers at U19 level. If some of these can bowl 130-135 that is good as they can certainly improve on that. Sandeep Sharma was certainly good. He was bowling around 130-134 K and was swinging the ball all over the place and that was 2 years back as he was aged 16 then.
you rarely gets genuine pacers at U19 level. If some of these can bowl 130-135 that is good as they can certainly improve on that. Sandeep Sharma was certainly good. He was bowling around 130-134 K and was swinging the ball all over the place and that was 2 years back as he was aged 16 then.
Its the opposite with Indians, they start quick and end up bowling 120s.