F'king Disgusting

EnterTheVoid

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2011-05-22/news/29569019_1_noel-tata-ratan-tata-mukesh-ambani I agree with tata. leading a luxurious life is fine but building a 27-storey $2billion house n employee 600 staff to maintain it when you have so many poor in the nation is dis-tasteful in my opinion. people saying he does good by employing 600 people, but the effort of those 600 is basically being wasted and could have been utilized in a better way( by making them work for the poor) for the same salary.
People dont make money so they can give it to the poor, its only out of their generosity to do so. Pretty sure his wife has some educational programs and institutions around the country. That is more valuable then handing out money to the random poor on the street.

People dont make money so they can give it to the poor, its only out of their generosity to do so. Pretty sure his wife has some educational programs and institutions around the country. That is more valuable then handing out money to the random poor on the street.
that is a good thing, but they spent Rs 9000crore ($2billion) which means there could be scope of alot more charity work. even if not-charity, investing more into indian economy n industry. better than importing antiques and other stuff frm foreign (among other wastage) for his house. That is just my opinion n I wud have acted accordingly if I earned tht kind of money.

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2011-05-22/news/29569019_1_noel-tata-ratan-tata-mukesh-ambani I agree with tata. leading a luxurious life is fine but building a 27-storey $2billion house n employee 600 staff to maintain it when you have so many poor in the nation is dis-tasteful in my opinion. people saying he does good by employing 600 people, but the effort of those 600 is basically being wasted and could have been utilized in a better way( by making them work for the poor) for the same salary.
Tata clarifies comments on Ambani's billion-dollar home
A probable war of words between India's two most famous corporate honchos -- Tata Group chairman Ratan Tata and Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani -- might just be on the horizon. Even though the Tatas have denied having sparked it off, saying that Ratan .Tata's remarks were taken out of context'. The history: In an interview with London's Times newspaper, Ratan Tata was quoted taking a dig at Mukesh Ambani's billion-dollar mansion in Mumbai. According to the Times, the Tata Group chairman said, "It makes me wonder why someone would do that (that is, live in a billion-dollar mansion). That's what revolutions are made of." "The person who lives in there should be concerned about what he sees around him and [asking] can he make a difference. If he is not, then it's sad because this country needs people to allocate some of their enormous wealth to finding ways of mitigating the hardship that people have," the Times interview quoted Tata. Tata, who bought the British steel maker Corus and car manufacturer Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) said, the widening gap between the rich and the poor in India worried him. "We are doing so little about the disparity. We are allowing it to be there and wishing it away."

that is a good thing, but they spent Rs 9000crore ($2billion) which means there could be scope of alot more charity work. even if not-charity, investing more into indian economy n industry. better than importing antiques and other stuff frm foreign (among other wastage) for his house. That is just my opinion n I wud have acted accordingly if I earned tht kind of money.
Okay, maybe there is more scope for charity. But who the f are you to judge MDA when you dont even know the full extent of charity he is doing? Remember that charity is always voluntary. You cannot force anyone to do charity. Remember, that even mukesh grew up in Bhuleshwar. He is paying tax, and looking at the tax slabs, if he has made 2 billion dollars, he must have already paid around a billion to the govt in tax.It isnt his fault if the govt is inept.

I :heart: Ratan Tata! One of my fav people :two_thumbs_up:
Tatas are industrialists, Ambanis & Birlas are businessmen..Theres a difference. On an unrelated note, I have a great respect for the Parsi community for their civic sense and philanthropy.Sadly their population is decreasing and rapidly.

Tatas are industrialists' date=' Ambanis & Birlas are businessmen..Theres a difference. I have a great respect for the Parsi community for their civic sense and philanthropy.Sadly their population is decreasing and that too rapidly.[/quote'] ++ NO comparison should be made between Tatas and Ambanis (or Birlas or Bajajs or the modern rich mens Nilekanis, Narayan Murthi etc). TATAs have been visionaries. A set of people who have created world class companies even during the day and age when economic policies were not so conducive. Largely uncorrupt they have created many companies that should make any Indian proud. And they have invested so much in the local communities. Of all the Industrial Township in India there would not be any city that can match Jamshedpur in terms of infrastucture, cleanliness, medical facilities etc that TATAs have created on their own pretty much. Pound for pound no community has contributed more for India's industrial and manufacturing sector than Paris and yes it is very sad to see their number dwindling. :((

Holy baba form mein hai. Holy tum sangharsh karo hum tumhare saath hain :dance: Bombay gets the bad end of the stick many times, every "experts" seems to suggest it is a city made of slums. And yes there are slums alright but quite odd that most of these claims come from people who either have not lived in Bombay or just go there visiting every now and then. By the by do they still sell Frankies on Churchgate? Last time mera fav stall band ho gaya..people go to McDonalds it seems..:((

Okay, maybe there is more scope for charity. But who the f are you to judge MDA when you dont even know the full extent of charity he is doing? Remember that charity is always voluntary. You cannot force anyone to do charity. Remember, that even mukesh grew up in Bhuleshwar. He is paying tax, and looking at the tax slabs, if he has made 2 billion dollars, he must have already paid around a billion to the govt in tax.It isnt his fault if the govt is inept.
abe tujhe paise aata hai kya ambanis se like shastri n gavaskar get frm bcci ?? where am I judging anyone? I just said that building a 27-storey $2billion house n employee 600 staff to maintain it when you have so many poor in the nation is dis-tasteful in my opinion. charity or investment in economy would be a better utilization of such huge amount, I mean its 9000 f ucking crore rupees. Instead of building an 'Antilla' for himself, Azeem pemji donated $2billion (he also pays taxes to indian gvt.).

First things first. Please educate me on the geography of Mumbai. Where are the slums near Altamount Road? Who are you to comment on how he lives? He has the money, he can spend it however he wants as long as it isnt getting in the way of others. You have a 350z right. How can u live with yourself driving that car when there are so many people dying out of hunger in sudan. That's just nonsense dude. Like I was telling Ravi the other day. Tomorrow I will wear an expensive tie. Are you going to come upto me and tell me that dude, there are people who sleep hungry at night, how can you spend 200$ on that tie? You think he has built the structure to show off? Get real dude, it looks like crap. It has all the amenities inside, but it def isnt something to "show off". Have you even heard him talking about it? So what if it can be seen from a slum (which slum??)? And who are you to comment on whether it is not sustainable living or not? So he has 600 staff.. what is the big deal? He's employing more people. Look, I'm not trying to defend Ambani here. He is living in excess, but hey.. he has the means.. I dont give a damn if his WC is made of gold. What right do I have to comment on how he spends his money.
Target Acquired. Fire. Target Destroyed. Mission Accomplished. Goodnight Nurse. :nice:

The guy who "huh"ed at my comment, I am using my phone to reply, so cant quote for some reason Dude, here in Mumbai City, a 1bhk house costs more than 90 lakhs, the guy who supplies me copper, has a turnover of more than 9 crores, he lives in the so called slums of parel, he invests his money in his native land, and in asking him why he isnt moving into a flat, he told me, he is waiting for the slums to redevelop by the builders btw the slum house which he lives in is valuated at 35 lakhs This is just one example of many

That kid was so hungry he accepted the food without any suspicion or fear that it was offered from complete strangers. He was starving. What the eff man. In this day and age, no kid anywhere in the world should have to beg for food and shelter. :cry:
Tics' date=' we got them something. However, there is little comfort in knowing that boy and his sister will be hungry again next day.[/quote'] Good on you folks.:hatsoff: Cheers

The guy who "huh"ed at my comment, I am using my phone to reply, so cant quote for some reason Dude, here in Mumbai City, a 1bhk house costs more than 90 lakhs, the guy who supplies me copper, has a turnover of more than 9 crores, he lives in the so called slums of parel, he invests his money in his native land, and in asking him why he isnt moving into a flat, he told me, he is waiting for the slums to redevelop by the builders btw the slum house which he lives in is valuated at 35 lakhs This is just one example of many
Shane, exception is not a rule. I am sure proud of the kind of effort being put here to to show things are not that bad. But really, I have been in the city and the poverty is really in your face. And I am not just talking of slum dwellers. Yes, poverty cannot and should not be judged by western standards, but, there are lot of cases where it is beyond doubt.