F'king Disgusting

EnterTheVoid

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2011-05-22/news/29569019_1_noel-tata-ratan-tata-mukesh-ambani I agree with tata. leading a luxurious life is fine but building a 27-storey $2billion house n employee 600 staff to maintain it when you have so many poor in the nation is dis-tasteful in my opinion. people saying he does good by employing 600 people, but the effort of those 600 is basically being wasted and could have been utilized in a better way( by making them work for the poor) for the same salary.
Actually, I saw Ratan Tata's red ferrari california today. (seriously) Was reminded of this thread. Why would he spend so much money on a car? Doesnt he own a car company? What a hypocrite.

The guy who "huh"ed at my comment, I am using my phone to reply, so cant quote for some reason Dude, here in Mumbai City, a 1bhk house costs more than 90 lakhs, the guy who supplies me copper, has a turnover of more than 9 crores, he lives in the so called slums of parel, he invests his money in his native land, and in asking him why he isnt moving into a flat, he told me, he is waiting for the slums to redevelop by the builders btw the slum house which he lives in is valuated at 35 lakhs This is just one example of many
I just found out a couple of months ago that someone from work lives in a slum. He was telling me how he had difficulty getting a credit card years ago, because he was from a slum, but now there is no problem as such. Banks are now comfortable issuing the cards. He has a LCD TV, Dish network, an AC, etc all in his "kholi". He comes to work on his hero honda passion, and uses a blackberry. So those of you who think only poor people live in the slums, dont assume stuff. Come to the city and see.

Holy baba form mein hai. Holy tum sangharsh karo hum tumhare saath hain :dance: Bombay gets the bad end of the stick many times, every "experts" seems to suggest it is a city made of slums. And yes there are slums alright but quite odd that most of these claims come from people who either have not lived in Bombay or just go there visiting every now and then. By the by do they still sell Frankies on Churchgate? Last time mera fav stall band ho gaya..people go to McDonalds it seems..:((
Yep. Tibbs frankie is going strong. Infact, their head office is right opposite my office in Andheri. Kaafi time mangaata hu. Free delivery :--D

Do you seriously believe that figure ? I would like to know more how they consider employment. Yes' date=' there can be a semantic difference there.[/quote'] Does it matter if the figure is 9.4% or 4.9% or 49%? We both know that there is massive unemployment in India.

abe tujhe paise aata hai kya ambanis se like shastri n gavaskar get frm bcci ?? where am I judging anyone? I just said that building a 27-storey $2billion house n employee 600 staff to maintain it when you have so many poor in the nation is dis-tasteful in my opinion. charity or investment in economy would be a better utilization of such huge amount, I mean its 9000 f ucking crore rupees. Instead of building an 'Antilla' for himself, Azeem pemji donated $2billion (he also pays taxes to indian gvt.).
Oh, so you are not judging Ambani?:hmmm:

People complaining about Ambani's mansion - how much % of your salary goes towards EMI for your bigger-House/better-Car/etc... why you always pick a house/car just outside your range?, why don't you settle for maruti-800? or something you can shell out down payment for? Why you crave for pizzaz, butter chickens, mutton seekhs when there are hungry kids around? You are complaining about his $2B spent on mansion - what about the multi-Billions industry that he is already running and 10s of 1000s of jobs created in the process? It is his money, his call.

The guy who "huh"ed at my comment, I am using my phone to reply, so cant quote for some reason Dude, here in Mumbai City, a 1bhk house costs more than 90 lakhs, the guy who supplies me copper, has a turnover of more than 9 crores, he lives in the so called slums of parel, he invests his money in his native land, and in asking him why he isnt moving into a flat, he told me, he is waiting for the slums to redevelop by the builders btw the slum house which he lives in is valuated at 35 lakhs This is just one example of many
You said almost everyone is a crorepati.That is incorrect is all.

HUH :P

I just found out a couple of months ago that someone from work lives in a slum. He was telling me how he had difficulty getting a credit card years ago, because he was from a slum, but now there is no problem as such. Banks are now comfortable issuing the cards. He has a LCD TV, Dish network, an AC, etc all in his "kholi". He comes to work on his hero honda passion, and uses a blackberry. So those of you who think only poor people live in the slums, dont assume stuff. Come to the city and see.
Some people in Mumbai slums own BMWs. Some of them are really rich.

Yes it does matter because the Tata's do a good deal of charity work and Iam certain they feed far more than 200 kids. Spending $2 Bill on a freaking house is soo retarded and disgusting on so many levels. Too bad you don't understand it given that the Hindu value system (and generally all Eastern cultures ) strongly urge us to live a simple life. Even Bill Gates and Warren Buffet have modest life styles and their philanthropy is simply astounding.
I hope you have seen pics of Bill Gates' house.. its not $2billion house, but as much lavish ( if not more) as Ambani's.. Ambani's house' worth/cost is inflated due to its being in Mumbai.