Edgbaston test : Day by day prediction and discussion

Sooda

Edgbaston test : Day by day prediction and discussion  

1. 1.

• Praveen Kumar
    • Ishanth Sharma
    • Sreesanth
    • R.P Singh

It will be better for India if its a bowler friendly pitch. Our bowlers will be more effective in that case. I can see the batsmen raising their game and one of them playing out of their skins but I'm not convinced that our inexperienced bowlers can outbowl England on a flat pitch, especially if Zak doesnt play. So we need to back our batting and put pressure on England. Same thing happened in Trent Bridge. When the pitch was assisting bowlers, India got a lead of about 60 and could have extended it further. But when the pitch flattened out, our bowlers were taken to the cleaners. Of course, batting also failed in the 2nd innings but they have the quality and can do much better.

It will be better for India if its a bowler friendly pitch. Our bowlers will be more effective in that case. I can see the batsmen raising their game and one of them playing out of their skins but I'm not convinced that our inexperienced bowlers can outbowl England on a flat pitch' date=' especially if Zak doesnt play. So we need to back our batting and put pressure on England.[/quote'] England is the home team .....

Great post. I would go with 4 pacers so they are not getting tired always! (spinners have been a failure this series for both teams) (also just in case Zaheer gets injured again!!)) Sehwag Gambhir Dravid Tendulkar Laxman Yuvraj Dhoni Kumar Zaheer Ishant Sreesanth

It will be better for India if its a bowler friendly pitch. Our bowlers will be more effective in that case. I can see the batsmen raising their game and one of them playing out of their skins but I'm not convinced that our inexperienced bowlers can outbowl England on a flat pitch, especially if Zak doesnt play. So we need to back our batting and put pressure on England. Same thing happened in Trent Bridge. When the pitch was assisting bowlers, India got a lead of about 60 and could have extended it further. But when the pitch flattened out, our bowlers were taken to the cleaners. Of course, batting also failed in the 2nd innings but they have the quality and can do much better.
Our bowlers did well in first innings and broad and swann were extremly lucky that their move to slog payed up ,otherwise it could have been different and same thign happened when we were leading,in second innnings we had them at 57 for 2 but captaincy was terrible so many runs were scored to thirdman edged of good ball and indian bowlers will be better or equall y worse than english bowlers on flat surfaces as english bowlers also have performed badly when the pictehs have been flat. Our problem is batting if your 3 batsman cannot play bouncers and dhoni is out of form ,there is no hope ,we have to change the batting order to original one

ppl miss the whole point on the whole broad-swann partnershup at 124/8 had we bowled them out for 150 odd, our batsmen would have had about 20 more overs to face. and trust me it was swinging round corners. i was at the ground and it was barely light enough to play, thats how cloudy it was we would have been 4 down atleast on that day, and would have probably managed 150 or so ourselves. so we wouldnt have even had a bloody lead