Edgbaston test : Day by day prediction and discussion

Sooda

Edgbaston test : Day by day prediction and discussion  

1. 1.

• Praveen Kumar
    • Ishanth Sharma
    • Sreesanth
    • R.P Singh

If Yusuf Pathan had been playing these problems wouldn't have arised.
Good to see some people still have their sense of humour intact in such tough times :) This is a seriously dicey situation, something the Indians havent encountered for a while. While RP would be the ideal replacement, adding left arm to the pace attack and some variety, his inclusion at the last minute and lack of match practise makes it impossible for him to be included. Am I not glad this is Srikkanth's last yr as a selector ! Even if we chose an attack of PK, Ishant and Sree, its as much a gamble as chosing PK, Ishant/Sree and RP. You never know which side Ishant and Sree wake up this morning and things could go either horribly wrong with them...( cant say if they can do anything extraordinary ). This is absolutely laughable stuff from the Indian. Expecting to be World no 1 with not even 1 decent fast bowling option ? A warm hello everyone ! This is Amit with my first post here. I hope to share and learn in this forum and hopefully be a part of you all.. Cheers
^^ did you KNOW India were going to fight like Cheetahs before the last two tests?... Also interestingly the Cheetah is actually quite a lightweight animal. Other similar sized predators such as hyenas and lions out-muscle them from their kills, rather than fight the Cheetah will run away, as they cannot defend themselves from most other predator species, they will immediately surrender a kill even to a single hyena rather than risk injury.... Fun fact of the day supplied by me Whooping of the day supplied by England Cricket Team :--D
Since we are talking of facts here,lets begin- 1)Other similar sized predators such as hyenas and lions out-muscle them from their kills, So you mean hyena and Lions are of similar size ? Ahem Ahem :) And just so you know, unlike lions and hyena, cheetah does its own hunting. While Lions depend upon the female species for the killing. You just been whooped, my dear friend... And wait for your English team to tour India. They will get the whooping of their life :) ofcourse we wont talk about it ..( like you guys ) ..We'll just be too busy looking good :)
Ishant has 9 wickets in this series in 2 tests and you are leaving him for RP who has not played a test for the last 2 years and has not played an FC game since January or February. I do not want to see Dhoni bowling again.
well, pk is guaranteed a spot, and rp is a must in these conditions so the toss up is between ishant n sreesanth, u chose ishant, i chose pk, that's all
Good to see some people still have their sense of humour intact in such tough times :) This is a seriously dicey situation, something the Indians havent encountered for a while. While RP would be the ideal replacement, adding left arm to the pace attack and some variety, his inclusion at the last minute and lack of match practise makes it impossible for him to be included. Am I not glad this is Srikkanth's last yr as a selector ! Even if we chose an attack of PK, Ishant and Sree, its as much a gamble as chosing PK, Ishant/Sree and RP. You never know which side Ishant and Sree wake up this morning and things could go either horribly wrong with them...( cant say if they can do anything extraordinary ). This is absolutely laughable stuff from the Indian. Expecting to be World no 1 with not even 1 decent fast bowling option ? A warm hello everyone ! This is Amit with my first post here. I hope to share and learn in this forum and hopefully be a part of you all.. Cheers
Welcome to ICF! I agree with you that RP's sudden selection from oblivion shows just how ill prepared out bowling stocks are. It just seems there's no long term planning involved with our bowlers. Guys like Finn, Onions, Bresnan didn't just drop out of the sky for England. These guys have been groomed for the past few years in the England Lions tours, given test matches when seniors bowlers have taken a break etc. I think we do have the raw talent with guys like Pathan, RP, Mithun etc but the problem has always been a lack of grooming and planning. I mean what exactly has the management, coaches, selectors been doing with RP since he last played a test for us two/three years ago? He hasn't been part of our test squads, first class tours, warm up matches etc.