Test #1: UPA Vs Team Anna, New Delhi, August 16, 2011

asterix

Test #1: UPA Vs Team Anna, New Delhi, August 16, 2011  

1. 1.

• The Government
    • Team Anna

You obviously have no idea of Indian freedom struggle..don't you? Congress has leaft no options for anybody..They should've allowed both sets of bill to be admitted in the Parliament and let the Parliament decide what nees to be done. They already have majority in Parliament so why fear? Those talking about 'amending the present bill' submitted by Congress are living in fools paradise. The present bill has to be submitted to the Public Accounts Committee (PAC). We all know how much respect UPA/Congress have for PAC. Not much amendments can be done in the present bill. The present bill gives power to the government to appoint a Lokpal (Public Ombudsman). We know how Congress appoints heads of organisations. So UPA will have 2 insttitutions under it's control. CBI & Lokpal.. They've avoided to do anything on Lokapal bill for past 42 years. You think they are stupid enought to do something now?

I feel sorry for Anna Hazare. He is fighting for the wrong country.
Don't be disappointed. India is full of sheeple who will following the prevailing current so as not to cause too many ripples. It's just about reaching that critical mass, and the rest will follow.

It is again an "on the fence" issue for me. Jesus !! I am getting old. I used to be a left or right kind of person.. It is clearly defeating and subverting the fabric of democracy. It is challenging the 3 pillars of democracy. It is undermining the role of parliament. It is questioning the the choices of majority people who chose their representatives. It is creating another institution to guide the failed institutions rather than correcting the failed ones. However, it a necessity and its now or never. Does that make sense ?

It is again an "on the fence" issue for me. Jesus !! I am getting old. I used to be a left or right kind of person.. It is clearly defeating and subverting the fabric of democracy. It is challenging the 3 pillars of democracy. It is undermining the role of parliament. It is questioning the the choices of majority people who chose their representatives. It is creating another institution to guide the failed institutions rather than correcting the failed ones. However, it a necessity and its now or never. Does that make sense ?
Unless the elections to this democracy is free and fair.. If elected reperesentatives spend crores of rupees to get elected, corruption will be there in this democracy. You cannot have all the things..Subvert elections by buying votes, spending crores of rupees and then saying that they 'represent' the nation and make the parliament.. If the elections are held 'free and fair' then I can agree that this act of Team Anna is defeating & subverting the 'fabric of democracy'.. Wy should common people/public has so many rules to follow while the Politicians have no rules applied on them right from spending crores of rupees in elections and then getting corrupt to take back that money spent..

In other news... Was watching NDTV 24*7 and they were interviewing the man on the street. Looks like arresting Anna is gonna hurt the Govt a lot. At least they have decided to release him tonight itself...they just saved themselves some major embarrassment they would have faced in the coming few days had they stayed put on jailing Anna. The big question is, why is the PM still silent in spite of every Amar, Akbar, Anthony asking him to open his mouth? This was a good opportunity for MMS to show he ain't no puppet of the Nehru family but he lost it yet again. Any of you guys been at the protests or are planning to go during the next few days?

Anna Hazare and his associates will be released on Tuesday night from Tihar Jail after police decided to withdraw its case against them. Delhi Police sources said that warrants of release have been sent to Tihar Jail authorities for freeing Mr. Hazare and his seven associates who were held on Tuesday morning ahead of their plans to launch an indefinite strike for a strong Lokpal. The sources said the decision to release was taken after the government came to the conclusion that keeping him in jail would create unnecessary law and order situation. Tihar jail sources said that all the eight had been kept in separate lock ups and would be freed soon. Mr. Hazare and his associates had refused to take food during their detention under judicial remand. Earlier in the day, Mr Hazare was sent to seven days judicial custody after he refused to sign a personal bond and come out on bail following his arrest. Three other leading activists of the team Mr. Hazare Kiran Bedi, Arvind Kejriwal and Manoj Sisodia were also sent to judicial custody on similar grounds. Noted lawyer Shanti Bhushan was also among those arrested. Mr. Hazare, who was arrested in the morning on grounds of apprehension of breach of peace following his intention to defy prohibitory orders to go on an indefinite hunger strike, was produced before a Special Executive Magistrate. Delhi Police Commissioner B.K. Gupta told a press conference that the police was not keen that he should be sent to judicial custody. Mr. Gupta said the police was prepared for his being released on a personal bond if the Gandhian would have given an undertaking that he will not defy Section 144 of the CrPC that prohibits gathering of five or more people and also ask his supporters not to do so. Sources said since Mr. Hazare refused to give an undertaking, the Magistrate remanded him to a seven-day judicial custody. Mr. Hazare was taken to Jail No. 4 in Tihar Central Prison where he will be lodged for the next seven days. Mr. Kejriwal, Ms. Bedi and Mr. Sisodia were lodged in Jail No. 1. Hundreds of supporters gathered outside Tihar jail after Mr. Hazare and his associates were taken inside the prison.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/article2362077.ece?homepage=true