Cricket: Triumphant England have eyes on India

King

DURHAM - England captain Michael Vaughan anticipates a sterner challenge from India next month after his side completed a 3-0 test series win over the West Indies yesterday.England beat West Indies by seven wickets in the fourth... More... Cricket: Triumphant England have eyes on India 5:00AM Thursday June 21, 2007 DURHAM - England captain Michael Vaughan anticipates a sterner challenge from India next month after his side completed a 3-0 test series win over the West Indies yesterday. England beat West Indies by seven wickets in the fourth test, with left-arm spinner Monty Panesar claiming five for 46 to turn the match. The series did not even come close to eliminating the embarrassment and pain at their 5-0 Ashes loss to Australia but at least showed England were back to winning. The first test against India starts on July 20 at Lord's. "You know that they [india] are going to bring a huge amount of experience," Vaughan said. "The batting lineup looks formidable. "But I do believe in our conditions if we get the ball swinging like we know we can we can really put them under a lot of pressure." Vaughan, who also revealed that he had made his decision to quit the one-day captaincy during the unsuccessful World Cup campaign in the Caribbean, was especially pleased with the Durham win because two days were lost to the weather. "Trying to force a victory from 165 for six on Monday looked a long shot but full credit to the batsmen and Paul Collingwood (128) in particular on his home ground. "We then went out and bowled with some intensity and put the ball in the right areas, swung it and then Monty produced his magic once again and Steve Harmison was back to somewhere near his best." Panesar took a series-high 23 wickets. Harmison's revival was unexpected after it was disclosed he will have to undergo a hernia operation, which the bowler hopes can be delayed until after the India series. He finished the day with two for 92 from 20 overs. "Figures can sometimes be misleading because Steve Harmison was running in to bowl with five slips and there were plenty of gaps so there are runs around," Vaughan said. "I don't look at the runs column when Steve Harmison is bowling, I look at the amount of pressure he's creating. I don't know too much about his hernia but I hope we will see Steve bowling as he did today against the Indians later in this summer." - REUTERS

Have you ever heard about talking a bowler into form ?? That is what the english are trying with Harmison ! Sidebottom ( new into the team ) and Hoggard ( just back from Injury) have clearly outperformed Harmison and yet , all of them are talkin about how Steve Harmison "bowled well ! "... :haha: