Thierry Henry signs for Barcelona

Predator_05

Breaking news on BBC Sport. The Spanish press are confirming it as well. Now we just have to wait for the official confirmation from the two clubs. Wow. Arguably the greatest foreigner in Premiership history is now leaving. I wonder what this will do to Arsenal - Henry was the keystone upon which their team was built. How much longer until Wenger follows him out the door ?

Not now i dont.. but used to watch quite a bit of it... incl EPL.. I still maintain Henry didnt do with france what he did with Arsenal.. Now , whether that is his fault or not , is an entirely different topic..

Absolute rubbish. You obviously don't watch football. You do know he won a World Cup in '98, a Euro champ in '00 and led the line for France in their unprecedented run to the final last summer ? Never delivered ? What tripe. He scored 3 goals for France in '98, routed the Czechs and then scored the vital equaliser which kept France alive in the semifinal vs Portugal at Euro '00, and at the last World Cup it was his goal which knocked out the favorites Brazil. Not to mention his run which led to a foul from which Vieira scored the winner against Spain in the QF. I could go on, but it really isn't worth it...

Absolute rubbish. You obviously don't watch football.
I suggest you watch your words and reserve your judgements for until after we have had a decent discussion. If you have a intnl career as long as the one Henry as had , its obvious there will be some moments of brilliance as you have highlighted. Henry was a pathetic failure in 2002 , with France not even scoring a single goal throughout the tournament. He had his moments in 2006 world cup yes , but his best performances for France ended in the euro championships in 2000. "So often in their careers with France, Henry and Zidane have failed to quite click, but on 57 minutes they combined to devastating effect." I dont say this, but BBC sports website is where i got this from.. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/4991616.stm And i never claimed he was a complete failure with france. He never had the same impact as he has had with Arsenal. ANYBODY will accept that Henry is only a shadow of the player he is in Arsenal , when he plays for France.

I suggest you watch your words and reserve your judgements for until after we have had a decent discussion. If you have a intnl career as long as the one Henry as had , its obvious there will be some moments of brilliance as you have highlighted. Henry was a pathetic failure in 2002 , with France not even scoring a single goal throughout the tournament. And i never claimed he was a complete failure with france. He never had the same impact as he has had with Arsenal. ANYBODY will accept that Henry is only a shadow of the player he is in Arsenal , when he plays for France.
The entire team failed in 2002, not just Henry. Besides, he didn't play in all three matches. Henry has scored 40 goals in some 90 odd matches for France - that is a goal every other game, and he has more or less the same ratio for Arsenal. Shadow my @ss.

He is worth a lot more that to the Gunners fans, Pred. It's like selling off family jewels. How much did Lalas pay for the 32 year old Beckham?
LA will pay Becks $10 million for the 5 years. That salary is less than what he earned at Real Madrid. Although he stands to earn a lot more when you factor in image rights, merchandising and sponsorship deals with the team's owners, AEG Entertainment. Henry was a great player, but his heart wasn't in it anymore and he had struggled with injuries all season long. There is no point in trying to keep a player who doesn't want to play for you anymore.

The entire team failed in 2002, not just Henry. Besides, he didn't play in all three matches. Henry has scored 40 goals in some 90 odd matches for France - that is a goal every other game, and he has more or less the same ratio for Arsenal. Shadow my @ss.
Henry was a disappointment in euro 2004 , while he didnt exactly set the world on fire in 2006 world cup. At Arsenal , he was THE man. For France, he was one among the men..

At Arsenal ' date=' he was THE man. For France, he was one among the men..[/quote'] Now this argument makes sense. Understandably so, because the French team at it's peak, was comprised of the best players in the world. Desailly and Blanc were the best defenders in the world, Petit, Vieira, Deschamps amongst the best midfielders in the world, Djorkaeff one of the best wingers in the world, and up front they had Henry and Trezeguet. Not to mention the best player of this generation. Naturally, he wouldn't shine as much since he was in a constellation of superstars. What you were saying earlier though - ie; him not delivering for France, did not.

How can playing for the best team stop any player from being the best he can be ? And going by your point of the French team being so good, you have to keep in mind that the Arsenal team of 2000's ( during when they were their best IMO) wasnt a bad one either. A team with Seaman , Sol Campbell , Ljungberg, Petit , Bergkamp , Vieira , Petit , Keown and Wiltord will match any team for talent and flair. That didnt stop Henry from delivering then did it ?

TH never delivered on the big stage eg international or champions league.
Really ? He has scored in the knockout stages of the Champions League and HIS goals took them to the final in '06. He scored against Real Madrid in the round of 16 at the Bernabeu - now tell me, how many teams have won there in the last 20 years ? He scored against Juventus in the QFs, man of the match vs Villarreal in the SFs. PS; he also tore your crappy Spurs a new @rsehole everytime you played Arsenal. Remember this ---> http://youtube.com/watch?v=10VT4V1KJ9k ...and who can forget the goal which knocked Spurs out of the top 4 on the LAST DAY of the season http://youtube.com/watch?v=4Ndtx2H7vLA :haha: