Ranji Trophy 2011-12: Super League

Chandan

Ranji Trophy 2011-12: Super League  

1. 1.

Thats coz he was very susceptible to short pitch stuff which hasn't changed much. I think at that time he was worse playing the short ball' date=' and imagine him struggling against Johnson, Lee in full tilt :fear:[/quote'] It was not just short ball, he was struggling against fast bowlers overall. This is why I am saying the confident he got and team management got in him came after he played in IPL and performed well. IPL was one of the best thing happened to his career, otherwise he would have been lost by now.
But did not play even one game in CB series which means they were still not confident enough even Manoj Tiwary played ahead of him who was a replacement, but performance in IPL instilled the confidence in him and as well as in the team management. He derived the fearless approach in his batting in that IPL. It was not the domestic season nor the CB series which gave him confident to back himself and aggressively, it was basically IPL who actually revived his batting in shorter forms of the game. He had good Ranji, but there were still players who had better records than him and don't mix shorter formats to longer version.
He was a 'part' of the Indian team before IPL even though he did not play a match in that series. So what you said "Raina was selected on the basis of his performance in IPL" is factually incorrect. Another fact is he played in the Kitply Cup before the Asia Cup :winky:
He was a 'part' of the Indian team before IPL even though he did not play a match in that series. So what you said "Raina was selected on the basis of his performance in IPL" is factually incorrect. Another fact is he played in the Kitply Cup before the Asia Cup :winky:
I did not say he was selected on the basis of IPL1. I said the performance in IPL instilled the confidence in him to play an aggressive game which later molded his approach. He gave message to team management as well that he can do well if given chances. If he did not have a great IPL performance, I really suspect he would have not been picked for Kitply or Asia cup after getting 0 game in CB series and instead Manoj Tiwary could have been persisted, but his performance and the way he scored those runs prompted selectors and team management to again show some confidence in him. It was not like he was a new comer as he was identified long time before that as a special talent but he had lost his way in between and it happens many a times that if a guy touted to be next batting star loses his way is easily forgotten especially in India.
:giggle:
You didn't understand what I said. You said he was picked for CB series on the basis of his domestic performance but he did not play any match in CB series so he did not have any credential to show for the selection after that other than IPL on which basis he was selected for Kitply and Asia Cup. He did make his come back on the basis of domestic cricket in the team but that was not sufficient for him to get a game, but I still think and he too said that in an interview after that, that his real come back was triggered by IPL1 in 2008 rather than anything else.

Sehwag, Gambhir named in Delhi's Ranji team India openers Virender Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir were on Monday named in the Delhi team for the Ranji Trophy starting in November. The Ranji Trophy Selection Committee met on Monday evening at the DDCA and announced the 28-member team for the Ranji Trophy. The players will have to report on Wednesday to chief coach Manoj Prabhakar at the Ferozshah Kotla Ground here. The meeting was also attended by coach Prabhakar, chairman Chetan Chauhan, Vivek Razdan, Hari Gidwani, Vinay Lamba and secretary general (sports) Dr. SS Sareen here. Team: Virender Sehwag ©, Gautam Gambhir (vc), Virat Kohli, Shikhar Dhawan, Mithun Manhas, Ashish Nehra, Rajat Bhatia, Ishant Sharma, Puneet Bisht, Chetnya Nanda, Gaurav Chhabra, Yogesh Nagar, Sumit Narwal, Pradeep Sangwan, Parvinder Awana, Sunny Sehrawat, Rahul Yadav, Farman Ahmed, Shawez Khan, Joginder Singh, Ankur Julka, Tushar Pant, Rakshit Pant, Abhishek Singh, Kunal Lal, Abhishek Sharma, Unmukt Chand, Mohit Sharma. http://cricketnext.in.com/news/sehwag-gambhir-named-in-delhis-ranji-team/60408-13.html

if Mumbai field a full strength team' date=' it also will be quite a team.[/quote'] Can you give a try creating a possible XI of Mumbai? There are no international stars other than Sachin and Zaheer. At the most you can include Rohit Sharma in this list. Mumbai has been strongest domestic team of long period in history but nowadays Delhi is better than them.