Businessman

apocalypse

A businessman met a beautiful girl and agreed to spend the afternoon with her for $500. They did their thing, and, before he left, he told her that he did not have any cash with him, but he would have his secretary write a cheque and mail it to her, calling the payment "RENT FOR APARTMENT." On the way to the office, he regretted what he had done, realizing that the whole event had not been worth the price. So he had his secretary send a cheque for $250 and enclose the following typed note: "Dear Madam: Enclosed find a cheque for $250 for rent of your apartment. I am not sending the amount agreed upon, because when I rented the place, I was under the impression that the apartment: 1 - had never been occupied 2 - there was plenty of heat; and 3 - it was small enough to make me feel cozy and at home. However, upon occupying it I found out that it had had previous tenants, that there was no heat whatsoever, and that it was entirely too large and spacious." Upon receipt of the note, the girl immediately returned the cheque for $250 with the following note: "Dear Sir: First, I cannot understand how you could expect such a beautiful apartment to remain unoccupied indefinitely. Regarding the heat, there is plenty of it, you just didn't know how to turn it on . As for the space, the apartment is indeed of regular size, but you cannot blame management if you don't have enough furniture to fill it. Please send the rent in full or I will be forced to contact your present landlady!