An Indian record for Piyush Chawla

King

He equalled Roger Binny's Indian record of most wickets after first two matches of ODI career. More... An Indian record for Piyush Chawla Rajneesh Gupta June 24, 2007 Leg-spinner Piyush Chawla on Saturday equaled a long-standing Indian record that went unnoticed, well almost! In his debut game against Bangladesh in May this year Chawla had taken three wickets. By taking another three in the game against Ireland, Chawla has now six wickets from just two ODIs. With this he equaled Roger Binny's Indian record of most wickets after first two matches of ODI career. The world record is of 8 wickets, shared by five bowlers.

He equalled Roger Binny's Indian record of most wickets after first two matches of ODI career.
And I broke the record for sitting in my apartment swimming pool for the longest time for the 3rd Saturday of 4th month of my lease. :sad_smile:

Ranadeb bose.....has not baowled a single no ball in first class cricket.... cricinfo: Bose had bowled 10,658 first-class deliveries, and not bowled a single front-foot no-ball. Add to that the 2,113 List A deliveries, and countless ones at other official games, where he hasn't over-stepped even once. It speaks a lot about his new approach to bowling: cutting down on pace, focussed on accuracy and movement, and the numbers are the tangible evidence.

Chawla has promise. I think this guy has the temparament to make it big. It wouldn't surprise me to see him push into India's starting XI for the first Test ahead of the third seamer. Frankly, the likes of RP Singh and Bose don't fill me with a huge amount of hope.

RPS is rubbish.... hypothetically, if he is given as long a run as Zak of 40 odd tests.... he will end up with a record which will look like this....> 120 odd wickets at 37 ave or so... unfortunately, our selectors, including many on this board, are happy with discovering these kind of bowlers instead of giving long rope to potential match-winners.... Bose is the new addition... fack, he will be competing with Collingwood for who hurls the fastest pie, while Harmi will be making our batsmen hop..... if anyone utters the mere word "speed", immediately people start correcting him ttht speed aint everything, speed aint this or tht.... 3 taall fast bowlers bowling at 140+ kph would have made a real match of this.... tht is the bottom line..... 125kph can get u wickets, but not wen u need it most.... to defend low scores, u need to pace to run in hard and put in tht something extra and make it hot out there for the batters.... what will RPS do, as an extra effort? swing the ball more, when the conditions aint there??? maintain more line and length???

Sreesanth' date=' Agarkar and Zaheer with Powar and Chawla as the spinners, is a very good bowling attack. Certainly the best India can put out at this point in time. Let's see these 5 given a run for several matches or so.[/quote'] Not only India but that attack would be the best in terms of cricketing world, in terms of making batting records that is. Can you imagine how Sreesanth and Agarkar would bleed runs and go for 20-0-140-3 collectively? Throw in Zaheer Khan and you are potentially looking at 200 made out of 30 overs. That leaves Chawla and Powar. The former is a newbie while the latter is decent at best. Put it simply, Indian bowling sucks..even if we pick the best. xxx

Poor Harbhajan and Sehwag must be kicking themselves now. With Chawla doing a very good job so far and Powar doing a descent job as well, Harbhajan seems to have his chances shut at the moment. Sehwag, on the other hand may get lucky and could break into the middle order if Karthik, Rohit fail. At the moment, both are locked out.

Sreesanth is the ONLY pacer among the recent crop to go the distance. Zaheer is at his peak and if this is the peak it shows how poor our bowling reserves are. Agarkar will come in and polish his figures and in a crunch situation will whimper out. RP Singh will need to continue his Bothamesque tendency of picking up wickets of poor deliveries for the rest of his career to hold a spot. VRV Singh is best left to suck lollipops. Munaf should be sent to an old age home. Bose would make a good fit with Ganguly opening the attack for Bengal. Pathan, actually, is the other hope. The guy has heart. If only he could remember how to bowl.

Bose would make a good fit with Ganguly opening the attack for Bengal. Pathan, actually, is the other hope. The guy has heart. If only he could remember how to bowl.
couldnt agree with u more on both.... send the bandit queen home and bring in Pathan.... this is the most suitable conditions, he ever gonna get..... he will definitely find his form bak....

Munaf is Nehra part 2. ... so we dont miss, missing him.... Bala... now tht guy is the bowler with the most potential tht i have seen since Java.... sad, he is getting injured every time he tries to recuperate... and if he doesnt, he remains injured,... there is ur chicken and egg story of the indian cricket team....