'Donkey' jibe costs Nasser Hussain India job

SOUTHAMPTON: Nasser Hussain's 'donkey' jibe at the Men in Blue may have cost him a commentary stint in India, according to sources. TOI has learnt that Neo Sports, the broadcasters for next month's India-England series in India, have dumped the idea of hiring the former England captain days after shortlisting his name for the series. "We were planning to consider him for our studio shows but after his comments on Indian cricketers, I don't think he will be considered at all. We have to keep the sentiments of the cricketers and viewers in mind," a Neo Sports official said. At present, Neo are left with two England cricketers in their shortlist for the October matches - Ian Botham and David Lloyd. Neo, incidentally, are the official broadcasting arm of the BCCI, which had expressed outrage at Hussain's 'donkey' comment targetted at India's sloppy fielders.
Lol' date=' how quick Rajiv Shukla and BCCI were reacting to this isssue and on [b']the other hand they are quietly ready to give extension to Srikanth. Jahan haath pair marna chahiye, wahan to soye huye hain aur jahan koi fayada nai wahan itni furti kaise?
WC2011, Test#1 for 1+ yrs ? :hmmm:

When England were getting humiliated in the WORLD CUP by Ireland AND Bangladesh I dont recall Kapil Dev saying that the English were playing like DOGS or their fielders were as greasy as pigs. I wonder how Nasser would like that? Good on whos decision this was. You wanna kick someone when they are down there will be repercussions.

Lol' date=' how quick Rajiv Shukla and BCCI were reacting to this isssue and on the other hand they are quietly ready to give[b'] extension to Srikanth. Jahan haath pair marna chahiye, wahan to soye huye hain aur jahan koi fayada nai wahan itni furti kaise?
Boss, remember the news about Srikanth offering to resign from the post ? I bet all that was just an eyewash ! Just to show how ethical srikanth is and how strong his integrity is. How cunning of srikanth..!
Boss' date=' remember the news about Srikanth offering to resign from the post ? I bet all that was just an eyewash ! Just to show how ethical srikanth is and how strong his integrity is. How cunning of srikanth..![/quote'] Yea, very cunning indeed. He offered to resign even though he actually wanted to stay. :giggle: