Arrogant,classless,sore loser,cry baby Roger Federer!!

SachDan

A year after Djokovic saved two match points in the final set to reach the final at Flushing Meadows, he did it again, winning 6-7, 4-6, 6-3, 6-2, 7-5 in three hours and 51 minutes. It was the second time this year Federer had lost after winning the first two sets. He was devastated when Jo-Wilfried Tsonga did it to him at Wimbledon and similarly crushed here yesterday especially in exactly the same circumstances as 12 months ago. "It's awkward having to explain this loss," a tetchy Federer said, "because I feel like I should be doing the other press conference." There followed a string of excuses and justifications which not only were barely sustainable given the evidence but seriously disrespected the winner. Asked about the quite remarkable forehand winner Djokovic hit to save match point, Federer reckoned the Serb did not look at that point like someone "who believes much anymore in winning. To lose against someone like that, it's very disappointing, because you feel like he was mentally out of it already. Just gets the lucky shot at the end, and off you go." Djokovic was honest enough to admit the shot was a gamble but Federer was reluctant to give him credit even for that courage in a crisis, preferring to regard it as desperate. "Confidence? Are you kidding me?" he said when it was put to him the cross-court forehand off his first serve described by John McEnroe as "one of the all-time great shots" was either a function of luck or confidence. "I mean, please. Some players grow up and play like that being down 5-2 in the third, and they all just start slapping shots. I never played that way. I believe hard work's going to pay off, because early on maybe I didn't always work at my hardest. For me, this is very hard to understand. How can you play a shot like that on match point? Maybe he's been doing it for 20 years, so for him it was very normal. You've got to ask him." Djokovic was in a more relaxed mood. "Yeah, I tend to do that on match points," he said, reminded that it was exactly what he did to Federer last year. "It kinda works." He added: "If you're playing somebody like Roger, you have to take your chances when they're presented. I don't want to say I've been in control of the fifth set, because that's not true. But this is what happens at this stage of a tournament when two top players meet. Just a couple of points decide the winner. "I had to take my chances. I was very close to being on my way back home. He was serving, 40-15 up. I got a little bit of energy from the crowd, and I fought back. I needed to stay positive, and I definitely didn't want the French Open to happen again [when Federer beat him in the semi-finals, his first loss of the year]. They were an incredible last two games. "It's always important to be calm, to stay positive, and to believe, to believe that you can win." As for Federer, who has not added to his 16 Grand Slams in the 18 months since the 2010 Australian Open, he still believes. "Today I clearly felt like I never should have lost," he said, "where in Wimbledon [against Tsonga] it was I don't want to say it was more out of my control but it's reaction tennis on grass. I was never up a break in the third, fourth, or fifth at Wimbledon, which today I was. I was one serve away, really. I get over these losses quickly. Wimbledon didn't get me down." He was not entirely convincing. He has played brilliantly here but cracked at the business end of the tournament. ---------------------------------------- Wtf?

^ Rafa is one player who praises his opponents inspite of the outcome of the match. The way he says that Murray is a Grand slam material after giving him an epic ***** rape is unmatched. And Federer is surely acting like a cry baby here.
Used to hate Rafa being a massive Federer fan but have nothing but respect for him. Champion on the court and a gentleman off the court. Seems like such a nice guy.

After losing a closely fought match at such high level, one gets into introspective mode. You can't just switch off-on your moods. And these press conferences happen right after the match. Praising opponent after winning the match is very easy. Once you win, you are on a high, and easy to come out with gentlemanly statements. Anyone who has played competitive games at top levels, would find hard to disagree with it. - SRT is the only known exception I believe. Talk to Fedex couple of days later, and he wont come across like a 'sore loser' you are making him to be.

Well I think he possibly being just honest, given that Nole said himself that it was a bit of a gamble. Though it is disrespectful yes. I think the many adjectives in the OP are a bit OTT, Fed is normally gracious in defeat and certainly gives Rafa a lot of credit when he is beaten by him. He does not quite have Rafas humility- I think he is juust aware of his greatness. He is going to be a bit miffed after losing a match the way he did. Ill tell you someone who is the opposite- Serena. Her rant the other day aside, I think it was the fiurst time in her life she has given credit to her opponent after losing. Its normally down to how cr@p she has played as opposed to anything the victor did.

awlays hated him . very overrated player as well.
Not overrated at all. One of the top 2-3 players of all time and arguably the best. He is certainly past his best but in his last 2 slam meetings with Djokovic (playing freakishly good tennis) he beat him in Paris and should have beaten him here. Nadal is his only major weakness IMO and i am convinced that is more of a mental problem than anything else.

^ Exactly. Rafa is the greatest IMO, given he has won an Olympic Gold and David Cup, and fitness permitting will overtake Fed in GS's won... but Fed is not far behind at all. The other thing is it will be interesting to see where Djoks career goes from here, if Rafa and Fed are the two greatest players of all time and Nole has a 10-1 record vs them this season.. well its scary. Doubt he can maintain this form, he is arguably the greatest sportsman operating at this moment. But he will need to achieve a bit more to cement his place as all time tennis great