Jadeja is actually a good odi player.

Even before his come back always thought he did decent job with ball. His economy rate was ok. But we saw in IPL his development as a batter and now he can power hit and get boundraies as well as rotate strike. Do not dismmiss his knock at the oval. That was a seriously good knock with loads of skill. He is also a top fielder. There is no doubt in my mind that he is a good odi player and will be part of team for next few years. He is waaaay better then other players like Pathans/Chawla and co. So lets stop the mickey taking of him and appreciate that he is actually a decent player who deserves some respect from us!

Also lets not forget that he is actually a young talented kid in cricket terms. He is only 22! Some could argue a rare talent at that age as he is so skilled in all depts as an all rounder. Now take a deep breath ICF. As being such an all rounder at the age of 22, he could even be a future test match player:--D There I said it, now hammer me:cantstop:

I was one among the only people KT, who kept backing him ever since he was dropped. I guess you too were a supporter, sometimes. And now he's become a prophet after 2 good matches for everyone, who are waiting for the next bad match to pull him down. Also, a few people here who were vocal critics of his, have disappeared when they should be posting and saying, "Yes, we got it wrong. He's done a great job". His comeback has vindicated my opinion about him.

I have always maintained that he is a good player. The only problem with him was that he struggled to hit boundaries early in his career. I think he is a genuine ODI bowler and has the ability to keep it tight. The only problem is i think he takes time to get going with his batting but he certainly has some ability. 3 things in his career made him a hate figure for India fans. 1. His slow innings in the T20 WC 2009 against England when Dhoni made a poor decision to push him up the order. 2. Getting himself stupidly run out in an ODI match against AUS when India needed a run a ball after Sachin had played one of the greatest ODI knocks of all time. 3. Getting hammered by Watson and Warner in the T20 World Cup 2010 after he had been banned from playing in IPL 3.

Jaddu is a decent limited overs bowler,bowls nice darts,overall a street smart bowler. But batting at no.7 will always remain a question mark.It was good to see him playing a superb innings at Oval on a testing pitch but still the situation was such which he favours,where he doesnt have to go berserk from ball one.His batting test at no.7 will come when he comes up against situations (like Asia cup match vs Pak last year) and if he succeeds in those kinds of situation too,then there will be no question marks against him.

He still has a long way to go. Has the strange tendency of losing his head in crunch situations. Did you see the way he threw the ball for overthrows yesterday? Potentially he is exactly what we are looking for - an allrounder who can fulfill both the bowling and batting voids and good fielding as well. Its his execution that has failed before which has earned him the ire of the fans.