Mitchel Johnson

kabira

He is changed bowler in the sense, he is concentrating on line and length and bowling at lower speeds like late 130s and early 140s. His biggest weakness was spraying all over hte place and let go the pressure that was created by other bowlers. He seems to have learn to use his pace wisely. Who is the bowling coach of Australia?? Prasad?

He bowled terribly in that final innings in SL' date=' if thats the new Johnson i don't want him. [b']No penetration at all, and sprayed over after over down the leg side. Don't know what match you were watching....
Harbhajan's Aussie twin...Also to add to the fact that he is in the team to provide the lower-order batting option as well
He bowled terribly in that final innings in SL' date=' if thats the new Johnson i don't want him. No penetration at all, and sprayed over after over down the leg side. Don't know what match you were watching....[/quote'] He bowled well I think as he job was to attack the batsmen with short balls. He did bowl some hostile stuff, one drop catch of Sanga and let off Parnavitana by third umpire where he clearly edged that. Things have not gone his way, but he always kept batsmen on their heels.

Looking very impressive these days. Proper fast bowler! Probably the only genuine fast bowler in cricket at the moment. Consistently bowling 90 mph plus. Much imnproved with straighter run up and better arm action, so less slingly. Too low arm was his problem. Seems to have sorted that now so does not spray it, accurate. Will have a good couple of years now I reckon

The run-up looks more conventional. It used to have long-strides but now it is more like someone genuinely running.
Yeah. That runup was a big issue and would affect his balance on delivery stride. Long strides are always an issue in keeping the balance of the body. It was an issue even for Harmison which he never worked on. I think Johnson took inspiration from Zak. His runup style is very much similar to what Zak has now.
Tremendous again yesterday. Will be big factor in ashes in oz Is he the only genuine fast bowler in international cricket at the moment?
Tino Best and Shannon Gabriel are as quick as him, but he has an advantage of being a left armer that is why right handed batsmen find him even difficult to face when his radar is right at that pace. Even Steyn and Morkel are as quick. Steyn can even bowl quicker than him. Roach is another one who is quick. Yadav, Steve Finn, James Pattinson, Ryan Harris all are genuine quick pacers.
Tremendous again yesterday. Will be big factor in ashes in oz Is he the only genuine fast bowler in international cricket at the moment?
There has been a big media campaign to get him back in the Test side. I don't quite get it though. He gives away too many cheap runs at Test level. Also, our bowling was far from the problem, in fact our bowling was very good in the last Ashes series. Having said that, it's good to see him doing well.