Champions League 2011

Andy

Schweinsteiger is class. He has been superb for the last 2-3 years. He is not as eye catching as someone like Sneijder. However, he is excellent on the ball, rarely wastes possession, breaks up attacks and has very good passing ability. If United had him i believe they would be certainties to walk the Prem this season. I think it would be wrong to say Bayern are much better than United but they are at least as good, possibly slightly better.
Never said Schweinsteiger is not class or not Good enough, my point is he is not playing on Europe for the first time, do not remember him setting Europe on Fire like Barca. So one Individual doesnt matter as every big team has a player like him perhaps more than one .

Schweinsteiger what? Probably the best CM in Europe at the moment.I would even say he is slightly better than Xavi at the moment.
And I would say Pigs can Fly.
He had a average season for Bayern last season with all the Val Gall problems but apart from that he has been sensational for both Germany and Bayern in CM for nearly three years.So not sure what u are meaning about not setting Europe on fire.The way he dominated Brazil couple of months and City midfield then were awesome to say the least. Knock out matches are more often win by midfield battles rather that attack or defence.Out of Barca Madrid United and Bayern for me Uinted have the weakest midfield.So i would rate both Bayern and Madrid above United in terms of favourites for CL this. I am not saying are no hopers against Bayern have more chance of winning CL this season than United.Ofcourse seeing the final is in Alianz Arena they would be even more motivated to win that anyone else.
United's Midfield is better than what they were last season, we reached Final last time with an Ageing scholes,Giggs, Nani and Fletcher, Valencia. This time Young, Valencia, Nani, Cleverley, Anderson looks much better to me in terms of pace. Cleverley is the man, ever since he is off from the first team, we are playing as good as last season. And about Schweinsteiger, no matter how good he is do not rate him anywhere close to Xavi, Inietsa.I am following Bayern's performance in Europe for last few seasons, Bayern were hardly a threat previously with Schweinsteiger in it. Yes they are a much better side this time, But do not think Schweinsteiger alone will make the difference in Europe where you have one superstar for every Club. Comeback when Bayern wins the European Cup we'll rate him as good as Xavi and Iniesta.

Never said Sneijder is not class or not Good enough' date= my point is he is not playing on Europe for the first time, do not remember him setting Europe on Fire like Barca. So one Individual doesnt matter as every big team has a player like him perhaps more than one .
Do you mean Schweinsteiger?

And I would say Pigs can Fly. United's Midfield is better than what they were last season, we reached Final last time with an Ageing scholes,Giggs, Nani and Fletcher, Valencia. This time Young, Valencia, Nani, Cleverley, Anderson looks much better to me in terms of pace. Cleverley is the man, ever since he is off from the first team, we are playing as good as last season. And about Schweinsteiger, no matter how good he is do not rate him anywhere close to Xavi, Inietsa.I am following Bayern's performance in Europe for last few seasons, Bayern were hardly a threat previously with Schweinsteiger in it. Yes they are a much better side this time, But do not think Schweinsteiger alone will make the difference in Europe where you have one superstar for every Club. Comeback when Bayern wins the European Cup we'll rate him as good as Xavi and Iniesta.
I don't think Cleverley is the 2nd coming. He is a very promising youngster but he won't win United European Cups or even Premier Leagues for that matter (certainly not this season). Bayern got to the final 2 seasons ago (knocking out Man United on the way) so they have not been that far away from winning it. Also they have more than one superstar in their team, as well as Schweinsteiger they have Ribery and Robben (as good as any United player IMO just a bit injury prone). Thomas Muller is another class act. From the Bayern team i think the following players would get into the United side. Neuer Lahm (right back) Schweinsteiger) Robben Ribery Gomez Muller would be unlucky not to get in.

I don't think Cleverley is the 2nd coming. He is a very promising youngster but he won't win United European Cups or even Premier Leagues for that matter (certainly not this season). Bayern got to the final 2 seasons ago (knocking out Man United on the way) so they have not been that far away from winning it. Also they have more than one superstar in their team, as well as Schweinsteiger they have Ribery and Robben (as good as any United player IMO just a bit injury prone). Thomas Muller is another class act. From the Bayern team i think the following players would get into the United side. Neuer Lahm (right back) Schweinsteiger) Robben Ribery Gomez Muller would be unlucky not to get in.
I buy your Argument of Cleverley wining nothing this season, But he never will win European Cup or Premiership? Thats way OTT. Bayern Got to finals two seasons back agreed, we Got to Finals last season. Bayern did beat us then, But Shalke did beat Inter last season too. So Shalke> Inter? Never. In fact at OT we were 3-1 up against bayern in 20 minutes, everyone knows who were a better side that day. Just that Bayern won in terms of Away goals and we had a man sent off. Then against Inter they didnt look convincing at all. But this Bayern side > That Bayern side. About having superstars I agree they have quite number of Superstars not just one, But Superstars win you nothing, Man City have superstars too they are not going past quarters this season. Real Madrid had superstars from 2004-2010, we all saw how they played. Football is not played on paper if it was United shouldnt have made to Europe this season. Or played Finals against Barca last season . I do not think Muller and Gomez would make it to the United team, Rooney and Hernandez are far better.

And I would say Pigs can Fly.
Better dribbler, better tackler, better long range shooting and better goal threat. But Xavi's better at setting tempo, overall passing, keeping the ball and at pressing. Its more about which type of midfielder u want not much about quality because they are the best at their style of play atm. Yes Xvai is better playerin their overall career but he is already on decline and Schweinsteiger is on the up.So on the basis of his performances for both club and country last few months he is better than Xavi slightly.
United's Midfield is better than what they were last season, we reached Final last time with an Ageing scholes,Giggs, Nani and Fletcher, Valencia. This time Young, Valencia, Nani, Cleverley, Anderson looks much better to me in terms of pace. Cleverley is the man, ever since he is off from the first team, we are playing as good as last season.
:hysterical: Cleverly is the man.Who exactly he is been tested? He played against Bolton who were missing their best DM in Holden , Played a Spurs team who didnt play a DM and were missing Sandro and played a Arsenal team missing their 3 first choice DM and debuting their fourth choice DM.Tell me a single good DM he is being tested against? This is the same Clevery who struggled to get into the U-21 and wigan midfield last season. U are basing this form to say he is the man.Laughable to say the least. If Anderson is such a player why do u think Fergie dropped him for Liverpool match? Because against better midfields he still struggles to hold on to possesion.The same reason why he isnt being selected for Brazil. What use young or nani is about when u are dominated in midfield? They are wingers ffs.
And about Schweinsteiger, no matter how good he is do not rate him anywhere close to Xavi, Inietsa.I am following Bayern's performance in Europe for last few seasons, Bayern were hardly a threat previously with Schweinsteiger in it. Comeback when Bayern wins the European Cup we'll rate him as good as Xavi and Iniesta.
Last few season? He is playing as a CM for Bayern and Germany from only since the 2010 season when Van Gaal converted him from winger to CM.That season they reached the CL final eliminating United on the way.Then Germany reached World cup Semi thrashing both much hyped England and Argentina. Yep he had an average season for Bayern last year because of the issues with Van gaal but even then he was in stunning form for Germany.Since Jupp Heynckes became coach his form for club returned too.Bayern are the most inform club in Europe and Germany are the best country (won all 10 matches in a group containing Turkey and Belgium) along with Spain in Europe.He is the best player for both.U rate players not on what they are winning.He is on the level of Xavi and Iniesta regaredless of whether Bayern or Barca wins the CL as long as he puts in performances. If u want to judge on trophies then Pedro is better than Ronaldo for ffs.
Yes they are a much better side this time, But do not think Schweinsteiger alone will make the difference in Europe where you have one superstar for every Club.
I referred to schweinsteiger because he is one of the best players in Europe.But who said he alone will make the difference? They have the best full back in Europe in Lahm and have arguably the best GK in world in Neuer.Their defence only conceded yesterday after some 1450 min. Also have Ribery who has been in excellent form this season after injury troubles (Did u see how he demolished the city defense (the best defense of PL last season) in CL and also have Muller and when fit Robben.And ofcourse have Gomez who along with Rooney is probably the 2nd best striker in Europe behind Cavani. Yea they only have schweinsteiger :facepalm:

I do not think Muller and Gomez would make it to the United team, Rooney and Hernandez are far better.
Hernandez far better than Gomez? LMAO Seriously how many Germany or Bundensliga matches have u seen before coming to this conclusion. Muller is a far far superior player to Young.Muller is a golden boot winner at the age of 21.Young couldnt make into a rubbish England team for last world cup. Both would walk into United team

I buy your Argument of Cleverley wining nothing this season' date= But he never will win European Cup or Premiership? Thats way OTT. Bayern Got to finals two seasons back agreed, we Got to Finals last season. Bayern did beat us then, But Shalke did beat Inter last season too. So Shalke> Inter? Never. In fact at OT we were 3-1 up against bayern in 20 minutes, everyone knows who were a better side that day. Just that Bayern won in terms of Away goals and we had a man sent off. Then against Inter they didnt look convincing at all. But this Bayern side > That Bayern side. About having superstars I agree they have quite number of Superstars not just one, But Superstars win you nothing, Man City have superstars too they are not going past quarters this season. Real Madrid had superstars from 2004-2010, we all saw how they played. Football is not played on paper if it was United shouldnt have made to Europe this season. Or played Finals against Barca last season . I do not think Muller and Gomez would make it to the United team, Rooney and Hernandez are far better.
Sorry i meant Cleverley will not win United titles or a European Cup this season. I mentioned that Bayern got to the final 2 season's ago because you were questioning what they had done in recent years in the CL? Getting to the final is significant IMO. The 2 games where United knocked Bayern out 2 years ago were close, United were not clearly the better side at OT. The point about Bayern having more than 1 superstar was in reference to your point about every club having 1 superstar. Real, Barca, Bayern and City have more than 1. United arguably have 2 (Rooney and Vidic) although the latter is arguably on the decline. Hernandez is a fantastic striker but you cannot say he would definitely get in the team ahead of Gomez. He is competing with Welbeck this season and i am sure Welbeck would not get in the Bayern side.

Hernandez far better than Gomez? LMAO Seriously how many Germany or Bundensliga matches have u seen before coming to this conclusion.
Smoking? Comparing current Bundesliga to BPL? Hernandez got 20 goals in his Debut season for United.
Muller is a far far superior player to Young.Muller is a golden boot winner at the age of 21.Young couldnt make into a rubbish England team for last world cup. Both would walk into United team
Why are you bringing in Young to the discussion? I never made a point of comparing Young to Muller. Dont think Muller would walk into the United team, playing for Germany in the WC is different and playing for a European Club is. Muller would be rubbish in PL like most of the germans who have played in PL apart from Klinsmann.

A combined Bayern Team would look like this imo: On a combined Bayern United team will look like this IMO Neuer Rafinha / Rafael Vidic Ferdinand Lahm Schweinsteinger Gustavo Muller Rooney Nani / Ribery Gomez Nani and Ribery is a tricky one considering both are in excellent form.I would pick Rafinha over Rafaeal if it was based on his Schakle form but he had a poor season for Genoa last season.He has started well for Bayern this season but unfortunately Rafael is injured.So cant really decide imo. Another United player i rate highly is Fletcher but unfortunately he has been injured a lot.And i do think Gustavo is the better player overall particularly as DM.

A combined Bayern Team would look like this imo: On a combined Bayern United team will look like this IMO Neuer Rafinha / Rafael Vidic Ferdinand Lahm Schweinsteinger Gustavo Muller Rooney Nani / Ribery Gomez Nani and Ribery is a tricky one considering both are in excellent form.I would pick Rafinha over Rafaeal if it was based on his Schakle form but he had a poor season for Genoa last season.He has started well for Bayern this season but unfortunately Rafael is injured.So cant really decide imo. Another United player i rate highly is Fletcher but unfortunately he has been injured a lot.And i do think Gustavo is the better player overall particularly as DM.
You would leave a fully fit Robben out? I would have him in ahead of Muller but it is a very tough decision. Would def have him in ahead of Nani (who i rate very highly).

]Smoking? Comparing current Bundesliga to BPL? Hernandez got 20 goals in his Debut season for United. Why are you bringing in Young to the discussion? I never made a point of comparing Young to Muller. Dont think Muller would walk into the United team, playing for Germany in the WC is different and playing for a European Club is. Muller would be rubbish in PL like most of the germans who have played in PL apart from Klinsmann.
Bundesliga is a good league, it has improved loads in the last 4 or 5 seasons. Shocking generalisation about German players. Most top German players stay in Germany. Ballack was decent for Chelsea. Babbel was excellent for Liverpool before picking up a serious illness. Lehmann was generally good for Arsenal (made 1 or 2 mistakes but had a couple of outsstanding seasons) Hitzlsperger was good for Villa in his early days. Rosler was very good for City. Would Ozil, Klose, Khedira, Neuer, Lahm, Hummels, Gomez, Schweinsteiger, Gotze and Muller etc all fail in England. Germany probably have the best national team after Spain.

Smoking? Comparing current Bundesliga to BPL? Hernandez got 20 goals in his Debut season for United.
Yep comparing the most competitive league in the world with PL which is overated hilariously. And Gomez got 39 goals last season.
Why are you bringing in Young to the discussion? I never made a point of comparing Young to Muller. Dont think Muller would walk into the United team, playing for Germany in the WC is different and playing for a European Club is.
I compared young and Muller they both play AM and in wing and he will take his postion with easy in United team.
Muller would be rubbish in PL like most of the germans who have played in PL apart from Klinsmann.
Thats one of the stupidest things i have heard.What exactly does that mean? Are u telling me Kaiser or Gerd Muller or Voller would have struggled in PL? Sorry could u list me any quality Germany player came to Pl and flopped? Top German players never bothered coming to PL because they already had a quality league just like top italian players who never bothered either coming to Pl either. And also u forgot Didi" Hamann who is a CL winner and high quality player for Liverpool.Oh and there was Ballack too.

Better dribbler, better tackler, better long range shooting and better goal threat. But Xavi's better at setting tempo, overall passing, keeping the ball and at pressing. Its more about which type of midfielder u want not much about quality because they are the best at their style of play atm. Yes Xvai is better playerin their overall career but he is already on decline and Schweinsteiger is on the up.So on the basis of his performances for both club and country last few months he is better than Xavi slightly.
Wow just performance of last few months and you are calling him better than Xavi, Xavi has performed against the best teams in Europe for Barca, dont remember him playing against the best in Europe for Bayern and putting up performances like Xavi did. Hysterical shyte.
Cleverly is the man.Who exactly he is been tested? He played against Bolton who were missing their best DM in Holden , Played a Spurs team who didnt play a DM and were missing Sandro and played a Arsenal team missing their 3 first choice DM and debuting their fourth choice DM.Tell me a single good DM he is being tested against? This is the same Clevery who struggled to get into the U-21 and wigan midfield last season. U are basing this form to say he is the man.Laughable to say the least. If Anderson is such a player why do u think Fergie dropped him for Liverpool match? Because against better midfields he still struggles to hold on to possesion.The same reason why he isnt being selected for Brazil.
I think Cleverley can do better than a Ageing Scholes? Is that Laughable? Struggled to get into U-21 wigan team, But this is United. Nani up untill the start of last season wasnt garuanted a place in the United starting line up, now see where he is. Same can be said about Anderson, he is better than what he was last season and the Cleverley and Ando combination is working better. About dropping Anderson for LFC Match, well even Rooney didnt start that game. So Welbeck better than Rooney? IMO this United midfield has potentical and will do better than an ageing midfield which we had. What use young or nani is about when u are dominated in midfield? They are wingers ffs.
Last few season? He is playing as a CM for Bayern and Germany from only since the 2010 season when Van Gaal converted him from winger to CM.That season they reached the CL final eliminating United on the way.Then Germany reached World cup Semi thrashing both much hyped England and Argentina.
England, World Cup , Argentina :faceplam: I thought we were talking about European Club football. What exactly he did last season in Europe?
Yep he had an average season for Bayern last year because of the issues with Van gaal but even then he was in stunning form for Germany.Since Jupp Heynckes became coach his form for club returned too.Bayern are the most inform club in Europe and Germany are the best country (won all 10 matches in a group containing Turkey and Belgium) along with Spain in Europe.He is the best player for both.U rate players not on what they are winning.He is on the level of Xavi and Iniesta regaredless of whether Bayern or Barca wins the CL as long as he puts in performances.
Opinions, everyone has one. Anyone can Opine Welbeck better than Rooney.:hysterical:
If u want to judge on trophies then Pedro is better than Ronaldo for ffs.
He is good, world class, But at the same level as Xavi, Iniesta is? Never if he was he would be playing Final for Bayern this season if not win it. Xavi hasnt won it because he plays for Barca, but because he is good enough.
I referred to schweinsteiger because he is one of the best players in Europe.But who said he alone will make the difference? They have the best full back in Europe in Lahm and have arguably the best GK in world in Neuer.Their defence only conceded yesterday after some 1450 min. Also have Ribery who has been in excellent form this season after injury troubles (Did u see how he demolished the city defense (the best defense of PL last season) in CL and also have Muller and when fit Robben.And ofcourse have Gomez who along with Rooney is probably the 2nd best striker in Europe behind Cavani. Yea they only have schweinsteiger :facepalm:
Rooney is not a striker, he plays behind the striker. He is an Engine of the team. Cavani best striker in Europe? Bhutia best player in the world ever . Apart from that the points you made about bayern are all good, it seems they are making the CL final this year. If not then your expert opinion is as good as Garbage and United are not going past Round of 16.

Yep comparing the most competitive league in the world with PL which is overated hilariously. And Gomez got 39 goals last season. I compared young and Muller they both play AM and in wing and he will take his postion with easy in United team. Thats one of the stupidest things i have heard.What exactly does that mean? Are u telling me Kaiser or Gerd Muller or Voller would have struggled in PL? Sorry could u list me any quality Germany player came to Pl and flopped? Top German players never bothered coming to PL because they already had a quality league just like top italian players who never bothered either coming to Pl either. And also u forgot Didi" Hamann who is a CL winner and high quality player for Liverpool.Oh and there was Ballack too.
Good point forgot Hamann.

You would leave a fully fit Robben out? I would have him in ahead of Muller but it is a very tough decision. Would def have him in ahead of Nani (who i rate very highly).
I would take Muller over Robben tbh.Robben is too selfish whereas Muller is the perfect team player.And i dont think their impact on the team is much different. I dont think there is much btw Nani and Robben imo.Nani was the best winger in EUrope last season whereas Robben was the seasom before.Also Robben

Yep comparing the most competitive league in the world with PL which is overated hilariously. And Gomez got 39 goals last season.
So in terms of Competitiveness you are rating Bundesliga > PL?:hysterical: how many Bundesliga teams make it to the semis every year in CL compared to PL? Max one and thats not every year too in a scale of 5-6 years. Bundesliga is behind spanish and English league no doubt.
I compared young and Muller they both play AM and in wing and he will take his postion with easy in United team.
I thought Young plays left wing. Muller wont be succesful in PL , Young is way better as a winger.
Thats one of the stupidest things i have heard.What exactly does that mean? Are u telling me Kaiser or Gerd Muller or Voller would have struggled in PL?
Why are we going to the Kaisers, Mullers, Vollers. I havent even seen them play, My opinion is based on the german players who played in PL and I have watched playing.
Sorry could u list me any quality Germany player came to Pl and flopped? Top German players never bothered coming to PL because they already had a quality league just like top italian players who never bothered either coming to Pl either.
Balllack? Per Mertesacker? Yes not many top players have played in PL but you would expect them to do better than average English players.
And also u forgot Didi" Hamann who is a CL winner and high quality player for Liverpool.Oh and there was Ballack too.
Ballack was good in PL? Oh and Michael owen set La Liga on Fire.

Wow just performance of last few months and you are calling him better than Xavi, Xavi has performed against the best teams in Europe for Barca, dont remember him playing against the best in Europe for Bayern and putting up performances like Xavi did. Hysterical shyte.
Schweinsteiger havent performed against the best players in the world? :facepalm: He played for no one when they reached a world cup semi final and CL final .
I think Cleverley can do better than a Ageing Scholes? Is that Laughable? Struggled to get into U-21 wigan team, But this is United. Nani up untill the start of last season wasnt garuanted a place in the United starting line up, now see where he is. Same can be said about Anderson, he is better than what he was last season and the Cleverley and Ando combination is working better. About dropping Anderson for LFC Match, well even Rooney didnt start that game. So Welbeck better than Rooney? IMO this United midfield has potentical and will do better than an ageing midfield which we had.
Still u cant answer the simple question.Which good DM has he played against? And he is the man:hysterical:
England, World Cup , Argentina :faceplam: I thought we were talking about European Club football. What exactly he did last season in Europe?
Most football fans rate players based on their performance for clubs and Country ofcourse apart from PL fans whose players are mostly shite for their countriess. Not really surprising though.
Opinions, everyone has one. Anyone can Opine Welbeck better than Rooney.:hysterical: He is good, world class, But at the same level as Xavi, Iniesta is? Never if he was he would be playing Final for Bayern this season if not win it. Xavi hasnt won it because he plays for Barca, but because he is good enough.
Who said Xavi only won because he plays for Barca.He won because he is a quality player no denying it but that doesnt mean u have to win to be consider alongside Xavi.And Schweinsteiger has put in similar performances in the last 2-3 years to be considered alongside Xavi as the best CM in Europe.
Rooney is not a striker, he plays behind the striker. He is an Engine of the team. Cavani best striker in Europe? Bhutia best player in the world ever .
The fact that u think its funny saying Cavani is the best striker in Europe shows how ignorant u are away from PL. Seriously how many matches f Cavanin or Gomez or Schweinsteiger to commenting on them seriously?
Apart from that the points you made about bayern are all good, it seems they are making the CL final this year. If not then your expert opinion is as good as Garbage and United are not going past Round of 16.
Both Bayern and United are as likely to reach Semi as each other as long as they avoid Barca in QF. But certainly Bayern has more chance of winning it than United since the final is in ALianz arena and they do have a better team than United.

Wow just performance of last few months and you are calling him better than Xavi, Xavi has performed against the best teams in Europe for Barca, dont remember him playing against the best in Europe for Bayern and putting up performances like Xavi did. Hysterical shyte. I think Cleverley can do better than a Ageing Scholes? Is that Laughable? Struggled to get into U-21 wigan team, But this is United. Nani up untill the start of last season wasnt garuanted a place in the United starting line up, now see where he is. Same can be said about Anderson, he is better than what he was last season and the Cleverley and Ando combination is working better. About dropping Anderson for LFC Match, well even Rooney didnt start that game. So Welbeck better than Rooney? IMO this United midfield has potentical and will do better than an ageing midfield which we had. What use young or nani is about when u are dominated in midfield? They are wingers ffs. England, World Cup , Argentina :faceplam: I thought we were talking about European Club football. What exactly he did last season in Europe? Opinions, everyone has one. Anyone can Opine Welbeck better than Rooney.:hysterical: He is good, world class, But at the same level as Xavi, Iniesta is? Never if he was he would be playing Final for Bayern this season if not win it. Xavi hasnt won it because he plays for Barca, but because he is good enough. Rooney is not a striker, he plays behind the striker. He is an Engine of the team. Cavani best striker in Europe? Bhutia best player in the world ever . Apart from that the points you made about bayern are all good, it seems they are making the CL final this year. If not then your expert opinion is as good as Garbage and United are not going past Round of 16.
Surely performances in the World Cup (the greatest tournament on earth) count towards someone proving their class. I disagree that Schweinsteiger is better than Xavi. But it is not impossible for someone to be a better player than Xavi and have his team fail to win the CL. Fabregas was arguably the best player in the Premier League after Ronaldo left. Similarly Barca have a better team than Bayern.