Bashers XI - Twenty20 all time XI

King

Gilly Jayasuriya Viv Richards KP Symonds Sobers Kapil Dev Botham Klusener Wasim Akram Warnie Can anyone beat this team in Twenty20 or even in a ODI? Imagine the fireworks if these blokes were to play in a team. I think there will have to be fielders stationed outside the ground more than inside. Moreover it has some really cool bowling attack to boot. Apart from Gilly everyone can bowl :P I would say everyone can smash a 20 ball 50 in the team. The scores will be consistently more than 400 runs in a ODI and am sure this bowling line up can beat even a team of Bradman, Tendulkar, Ponting and the rest in Twenty20s and ODIs so consistently the match up will get boring. :wink_smile:

Gilly Jayasuriya Viv Richards KP Symonds Sobers Kapil Dev Botham Klusener Wasim Akram Warnie
Yes.. that line-up is as good as it gets.. I would prbably replace Sanath with Afridi and have some one else for Warne. Excellent selections though.

I can't check in the likes of Dhoni, Afridi and the likes simply because they are not consistent. You could say Klusener had only one good world cup but hey he could bat and its a pity Saffies didn't treat him very well. No way can the likes of Afridis and Dhonis share the dressing room with the ones in the list. The team I made up of consists not just big hitters but players that were consistent. Jayausuriya is a legend in his own right in ODIs, Afridi can only dream of so many top class innings Sriram.

Ravi , Afridi is amongst cleanest strikers of the ball ever. When you pick an all time 20/20 eleven , you dont selct your team based on " Ok, this guy has been most consistent , he is likely to succeed most" , simply because this is an all time eleven. It already has 10 other match winners. Even if two fails , the others will carry the team to victory. So , I would rather pick the eleven based on the criterion of " Ok , if this guy delivers, the match is over. We win". In 20/20 , you need impact players. Afridi is one such player. Remember the last ODI series Vs Sri Lanka , he came into bat at 130 odd for 5 , with Pak needing 100 runs in 17 overs. Afridi scored 72 runs off 30-odd balls and Pak won with 8 overs to spare. If Afridi strikes, a 20/20 match is over Ravi. I think all of your other selections are spot on. But i cant imagine a 20/20 line-up without Afridi.

I want a good start Marirs, don't want someone scoring 20 ball 50 once in 20 games :wink_smile: However good a hitter he is no way he will ever be in a team I will select simply because he is way over rated. At best he is a bowler that can slog a bit. Jayasuriya will score in similar fashion but will score more often than Afridi. Moreover Jayasuriya can bowl as well. In fact I wasn't aiming at creating Twenty20 XI (if that were the case Sobers shouldn't be there considering he never played a Twenty20) but I was putting together a team of aggressive batsmen that will just keeping going for it ball after ball. This is not restrained to Twenty20 alone but also a full time ODI squad.

I can't check in the likes of Dhoni, Afridi and the likes simply because they are not consistent. You could say Klusener had only one good world cup but hey he could bat and its a pity Saffies didn't treat him very well.
i dont find it convincing, Ravi.... if anything, wen was the last time, Klusener was ever in the top 5 odi rankings..... Dhoni has been in the top 3-4 most of the time... if tht aint consistent :thumpdown: