'Free hits' in ODIs to get ICC nod

King

I wonder if most of these free-hits will end up as tame mis-hits down to long-on or mid-wicket. But it will definitely add some excitement to the game though. So no balls are going to hurt the teams much much more now. If a team loses by 10-12 runs , I am sure there will be graphic comparing the runs given off free hits.

Ridiculous! The idea seems to be motivated to induce spectator interest (esp after a no ball or a wide is bowled), but is a better fit for a 20/20 or a 5/5 (Gambit ™), not so much for a regular ODI. Malcolm Sami should be sitting somewhere wondering, how much more unfair can the game get for him. The lad already bowls 6 free hits & they want more ? Fark all the batsmen!

asking on behalf of mohmd. sami: what happens if the free-hit ball is a wide? is the next one also a free hit? and what if it is a no ball? you get two successive free hits?
just occured to me, pakistan is going to get their behinds whopped if this actually put into practice. notice the number of no balls bowled by sami, gul and the mac daddy of no balls: rana naved!