Irani Trophy Discussion thread - Rajasthan v/s Rest of India - October 1-5th

saneindian

I think Rajasthan have a big chance to make an upset and expose just how poor the likes of Sreesanth and Ishant are performing. Will be interesting to see how the likes of Chahar, at his reduced pace, performs against Test quality batsmen. If he does perform, perhaps he could be more so in line for a Test call up than he would be, if he didn't play this game and performed well in multiple domestic seasons. Is there any chance someone could post highlights up on here, for those of us who do not live in India.

Well I do not completely dis agree with your opinion , and if you see I did questioned his name in my choice itself but my consideration was also motivated by what rkt pointed out regarding his past, the guy average 45 has a double hundred, has time to play bowlers, has front foot and backfoot game, going by your logic Mr tragic , I believe mR sEHWAG WOULD NOT EVEN BE in INDIA'S TEAM, average might not be the only indicator of talent, Yuvraj might not be in our test team , Badrinath would be India's Bradman, Steve Waugh would not be one of the best for Australia.Amla when he made his debut everyone including me wondered, this guy has a loose technique, gets out the same way, nothing special , look how he has evolved,I bet sometimes knowing too much might be knowing too little, never say never.

I think Rajasthan have a big chance to make an upset and expose just how poor the likes of Sreesanth and Ishant are performing. Will be interesting to see how the likes of Chahar, at his reduced pace, performs against Test quality batsmen. If he does perform, perhaps he could be more so in line for a Test call up than he would be, if he didn't play this game and performed well in multiple domestic seasons. Is there any chance someone could post highlights up on here, for those of us who do not live in India.
I doubt if Ishant will play as he is nursign his injury or many Indian test batsmen will play...fringe players like Rohit, Manish, Mandeep, etc. will play along with Yuvraaj who I don't think now should be considered as a test prospect for Aussiee tour or WI series. I can see this squad. Mukund Dhawan Ajinkya Rahaane Yuraaj SIngh Mandeep Singh Dinesh Kartik Manish Pandey Parthiv Patel Pragyaan Ojha Amit Mishra Sreesanth Vinay Kumar Varun Aaron Umesh Yadav/Abhimanyu Mithun/RP Singh Rohit Sharma and Pujara are injured, while Kohli, Badri, and Vijay are busy in CLT20.
I doubt if Ishant will play as he is nursign his injury or many Indian test batsmen will play...fringe players like Rohit' date=' Manish, Mandeep, etc. will play along with Yuvraaj who I don't think now should be considered as a test prospect for Aussiee tour or WI series.[/quote'] The point remains that if the likes of Chahar takes wickets against the fringe Test batsmen then either the batsmen are not Test quality and must be disregarded or Chahar is Test quality.
The point remains that if the likes of Chahar takes wickets against the fringe Test batsmen then either the batsmen are not Test quality and must be disregarded or Chahar is Test quality.
yes...Rohit, Pujara, Kohli the real test claimers will miss out though. Only Rahaane and Mukund will be there in this match.
Sehwag and Yuvraj have to play this match, else they will go into the Eng ODIs without any match practice. The Challenger Trophy starts just 3 days before the Eng series (10th Oct) and all those paying the first two ODIs will not be available for Challengers.
Dont think Sehwag will be available for England ODI series. He was not able to throw in England tests. He should take more time and get fir for WI series, completely match fit.
I am not sure if he can be fit in a month after the kind of problems he was having.
Add another 9 days before the Irani Trophy starts and 2 more weeks to that before the Eng ODIs. Long enough time for rehab. However I do hope they conduct a proper fitness test of Sehwag, Yuvraj etc at NCA before they are named in the ROI squad. Hope they don't go by player's word this time.