Irani Trophy Discussion thread - Rajasthan v/s Rest of India - October 1-5th

saneindian

This should be about players who you believe will be future test players. Of course' date= only a few will ever make it but picking the likes of Jadeja makes absolutely no sense at all because you know that they aren't test class. No Kooomar though. :yay: :yay: I was hoping that Sehwag would play but it's better that he gets completely fit. Let's see how the two phhhhasssst men get on.
But I think selectors believe that Jadeja can make it to test team.:winky:

Unless Pujara is still recovering from the injury he picked in IPL....I m surprised he is not in the squad. Good selection of Parthiv & Rahul Sharma. Lets see how they do in this important match of their careers IMO. I believe Parthiv after his decent showing in the Eng ODI seriies is on selectors radar for reserve keeper slot of Test. & After poor bowling by Mishra....Rahul Sharma might get fast tracked into India Test team.

Can't understand why Jadeja being selected is a big surprise, he is a good talent. If guys like Pandey are selected then Jadeja is a no brainer.
What are you talking about? Pandey is a much better talent in batting than Jadeja and is a huge scorer in domestic cricket for the last seasons.

Rahul Sharma is not a test cricket either. Perhaps Piyush could have made it here instead. And Bhatt the Baroda SLA not there is bit surprising. He did make the EP team . Was top wicket taker too in the Ranjis last year. No Unadkat too ?!Batting looks solid though. Is Jaggi injured? Thats a shame, seems like a good solid bat Is Jalaj Saxena a bowler or bat? Also Parameshwaran.. I know he did ok in a few IPL matches. Is s his FC record any good? Or is it on the IPL basis that he is here. Rajasthan will get pummelled.

Some surprising selections there. Bhargav Bhatt, Unadkat where are they after doing well in the EPT? How has Jalaj Saxena, who didn't even score a 100 in the last season and scored 332 runs@41 got into the side? Good to see Rahul Sharma and Suyal there. Means the selectors see some potential in them. Hopefulyy Suyal is fit and gets to play the match. My 11 - Mukund, Rahane, Dhawan, Manish Pandey, Mandeep, Parthiv, Rahul Sharma, Ojha, Aaron, Umesh Yadav, Suyal

why?all good available players are selected. a few surprises to like Jalaj Saxena but he has been good in FC. Jadeja is a big surprise.
:haha: Ravinder Jadeja's first class record- 34 matches, 1939 runs@41 with 4 100s, 102 wickets@30 Jalaj Saxena's first class record- 29 matches, 1404 runs@33 with 4 100s, 40 wickets@37 Jadeja is a better batsman, better bowler and a better fielder as well. Mind you Jadeja plays in the Super League, Jalaj plays in the plate league.
Some surprising selections there. Bhargav Bhatt, Unadkat where are they after doing well in the EPT? How has Jalaj Saxena, who didn't even score a 100 in the last season and scored 332 runs@41 got into the side? Good to see Rahul Sharma and Suyal there. Means the selectors see some potential in them. Hopefulyy Suyal is fit and gets to play the match. My 11 - Mukund, Rahane, Dhawan, Manish Pandey, Mandeep, Parthiv, Rahul Sharma, Ojha, Aaron, Umesh Yadav, Suyal
Unadkat is in the KKR squad in CLT20 but it's surprising not to see Bhargav Bhatt.