'You will lose an ally' if accusations continue, Pakistan warns US

akshayxyz

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/pakistan/You-will-lose-an-ally-if-accusations-continue-Pakistan-warns-US/articleshow/10087872.cms
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan's foreign minister said on Thursday that the United States risks losing an ally if it continues to publicly criticise Islamabad's performance in the war against militancy. "You will lose an ally," Hina Rabbani Khar told Geo TV in New York. "You cannot afford to alienate Pakistan, you cannot afford to alienate the Pakistani people. If you are choosing to do so and if they are choosing to do so it will be at their (the United States') own cost." Khar was responding to a Senate testimony by the outgoing chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Mike Mullen, who said Pakistan's top spy agency was closely tied to the Haqqani Network, the most violent and effective faction in the Afghan Taliban insurgency.
david_goliath.jpg

..hmm, I would imagine a super power like US wouldn't take anything like this, but they are quiet? I don't see the or else command! Instead, they give less money so I feel Pak is doing what it always does, milk the money out and then shows bravado as well. What does US do? act like a betrayed husband - when will it be that he gets the gun out from the closet?

..hmm' date=' [b']I would imagine a super power like US wouldn't take anything like this, but they are quiet? I don't see the or else command! Instead, they give less money so I feel Pak is doing what it always does, milk the money out and then shows bravado as well. What does US do? act like a betrayed husband - when will it be that he gets the gun out from the closet?
I would say - a super power like US - would just ignore it until they have something to gain from Pak..after that - pak ka wohi hoga jo ek doodh mein giri makkhi ka hota hai. At least US wont/shouldnt pass a childish statement....phone pe ya meeting mein iss ladki kee bajayengey..

..hmm' date=' I would imagine a super power like US wouldn't take anything like this, but they are quiet? I don't see the [b']or else command! Instead, they give less money so I feel Pak is doing what it always does, milk the money out and then shows bravado as well. What does US do? act like a betrayed husband - when will it be that he gets the gun out from the closet?
Pakistani establisment is quite clever in this regard. They privately bend over to the whims of the US, while publicly taking a hardline stance to satisfy the domestic audience.