The mystery of Shoaib Akhtar's pace

Tiger80

Shoaib: Trust me, I limp when I wake up in the morning. And I've been limping for the last 10 years. No one has seen it, you didn't see it. There have been days in my life when I had to be carried out of bed to be put in the tub.
I never understand how Shoaib was use to bowl at such a pace ? Even in 2011 WC he was touching 150ks easily ,Brett lee on the other hand now just bowl above 140ks. even fit and fine bowlers find it difficult to reach 150ks in mid 20s while he use to bowl that even at 35-36 I seriously believe that something was wrong with his action O/W there is no other answer how he use to bowl fast even at such an old age and when he himself say that he use to limp.

I guess not just the pakis but even we give way too much hype for this useless player.. Fine he bowled the fastest delivery ever but so did Afridi score the fastest 100...it doesn't matter what freakish things you do once in a while it depends on your overall contribution to the game and your team and this buffoon has none.

I guess not just the pakis but even we give way too much hype for this useless player.. Fine he bowled the fastest delivery ever but so did Afridi score the fastest 100...it doesn't matter what freakish things you do once in a while it depends on your overall contribution to the game and your team and this buffoon has none.
For a guy who has done nothing in his career having test average better then any Indian pacer in history says a lot. Look at his test and ODI stats before talking from your backside.
For a guy who has done nothing in his career having test average better then any Indian pacer in history says a lot. Look at his test and ODI stats before talking from your backside.
Ok keeping average aside...even Agarkar has more wickets than this guy with a more than decent average of 27 in ODI's with 3 50's and to boot better fitness and is a way better fielder than shoaib akthar. He did not bowl phaast but still has 288 wickets in 188 innings compared to 247 in 163 innings to Shoaib and you see,This clearly proves Sir Aggy contributed more than Shoaib so why does this POS get so much hype PS:I do beleive that Shoaib in full flow was a sight to behold and he was a unfulfilled potential but unfulfilled potentials shouldn't talk a lot

Dude also I am not trying to downplay Shoape here,So don't take my rant as an anti-pak thing....All I am saying is is Shoaib would not even be in the the top 25 bowlers of all time list... The only thing he will be remembered for is for the fastest ball or his pace as a footnote in cricket history similar to Afridi who like it or not will be remembered for the fastest 100 which is a fact that cannot be denied.