Typical BCCI balls up

No rooms for Bose, Ishant! MUMBAI, June 27: Pacemen Ishant Sharma and Ranadeb Bose reached Belfast on Wednesday morning after a long and tiring flight, only to discover that there were no rooms available at the Team India hotel. "All rooms have been taken so they could not get in here," said a team source. Rushed in as replacements for S Sreesanth and Ajit Agarkar, who are still down with viral fever, Sharma and Bose were forced to check-in at a nearby hotel, La Mon Country Club. The duo will now come back to the team hotel only on Thursday afternoon when rooms are likely to be available. Sharma and Bose will also join the team for their first practice session on Thursday.

Perhaps making reservations a bit earlier would not have been a bad idea.
what is point of making reservations for more than the permitted 16 member squad? when was the last time india needed to call emergency players to substitute for injured or ill players? and yeah, when you travel, do you reserve seats for two? you know in case you find that special someone?
borde should have gone to the nearby hotel instead.. as it is' date=' he's there for sightseeing only....[/quote'] well dravid would rather see him doing the laundry, i would throw in some other responsibilities such as replenishing used toilet paper.
what is point of making reservations for more than the permitted 16 member squad? when was the last time india needed to call emergency players to substitute for injured or ill players? and yeah, when you travel, do you reserve seats for two? you know in case you find that special someone?
The decision to send them was made a good 4-5 days ago in case you missed the news while they just landed up at the hotel hoping to find a room according to the article above.

It is not about staying elsewhere but it is about communicating this to the players when they reached there. I bet the BCCI when they sent these replacements out did not have a clue about the no vacancy at the hotel. They will have been told to get to the hotel and would have been told everything's been taken care of. Only after reaching these fellas would have come to know there is no accommodation. As I said it is not about the place it is about communicating to the players. BCCI has done such stuff ups so many times it isn't funny anymore. I've heard first hand versions of such stuff ups.