Shami ahmed-First impression..!!!

Blue Panther

dude.. wht happened with cummings? got injured after first big game..now imagine if he does not performs again every one will blame injury and why did injury occurred ? cos this guy wasnt ready his body wasnt ready for such high intensity cricket also australian attack is looking good but apart from ryan harris and hilfy i dont rate them tht high let them prove themselves against good teams.. teams who can play this type of bowling yes siddle was unplayable against us but saffer played him well enough on green tracks kiwi's played him well enough on australian green tracks patto did well in first series now lets see how he continuous .. to me right now south africa and england have good atttacks australia comes 3rd..and if they perform in coming ashes then we will see.. btw htis isnt abt comparison at all...yes he can out swing the ball well.. so did sreesanth but tht guy tries 6 diff balls in one over.. now tell me whts the reason of that ? he jsut does not knows how to work over good players ..thts wht im trying to say here yes this guy has potential but in next few series zack and yadav would be bowling for us and im sure.. 100 percent sure our team will never field 2 young quicks in same test whts the point of benching him...let him play he did well in finals here but had ok ranji season atleast let him perform consistently ... wht if this is only a good patch ? and he cant maintain it ?
Its very ignorant to blame injury on body ,its a combination of things there is no guarantee that cummins will not have broken down if he debut at 24,Also they have given pattinson a chance and he has developed well. If selectors think he has potential its the right time to give him a break when he is in good form ,Zaheer khan will not last the test series against nz and we may be playing dinda or aaron.Our bench is razor thin with guys liek vina kuamr,mithun,rp singh and if idiot dhoni and selectors can pick and play a kid suffering from acute malnutrition in southafrica,hell give shami a go.
Its very ignorant to blame injury on body ,its a combination of things there is no guarantee that cummins will not have broken down if he debut at 24,Also they have given pattinson a chance and he has developed well. If selectors think he has potential its the right time to give him a break when he is in good form ,Zaheer khan will not last the test series against nz and we may be playing dinda or aaron.Our bench is razor thin with guys liek vina kuamr,mithun,rp singh and if idiot dhoni and selectors can pick and play a kid suffering from acute malnutrition in southafrica,hell give shami a go.
it was cos of lack of bowling under test conditions...he was never ready anyway i agree with u wht ur saying but even james pattinson played a season and then coach developed him (when they were touring sri lanka .. changed his length and worked on way to getting dismissals ) are u telling me they did same thing with shami ?
:rofl: well atleast selectors saw tht match and pushed him into a team... hope yadav and he can develop into good test bowlers dinda, aaron are more suited to odis
You might be wrong about Aaron as he can bowl fuller in a channel outside off and can swing and seam the red cherry, I have seen him do that, Dinda I have my doubts as a test strike bowler. Shami has a very easy action, bowls in 140's, keeps coming at you, also can swing and seam the balls both, also am told is much more accurate now, all the ingredients to be a good bowler.

Shami Ahmed needs a year to seamlessly fit into the big league: coach WV Raman Tags: Nishad Pai Vaidya, Shami Ahmed, Akshay Darekar, Cheteshwar Pujara, Varun Aaron, Lalchand Rajput, Umesh Yadav, WV Raman, India A, Bengal, Bengal coach WV Raman says that Shami Ahmed' biggest strength is his attitude and never-say-die spirit and he clocks around the 140 kmph mark at his best. Picture: Courtesy Kolkata Knight Riders. India A has suffered an embarrassing defeat in the Caribbean, but the picture isn’t all that gloomy. A few players have put their hands up and used the opportunity to stake a claim for higher honours. Nishad Pai Vaidya reviews the performance of one such player - fast bowler Shami Ahmed - and talks to his Ranji Trophy coach, WV Raman, to know more. Having suffered the ignominy of an embarrassing defeat, it is a natural reaction to introspect and find the chinks in the armour. With the youngsters being looked at as possible replacements for the aging guard in the senior side, India A’s defeat in the Caribbean has come as a rude shock. However, the picture isn’t all that gloomy as Cheteshwar Pujara, Akshay Darekar and Shami Ahmed used the opportunities to make an impression. Pujara and Darekar's exploits have been discussed on CricketCountry in previous articles, thus it would be fitting to review Ahmed and examine what he holds for the future. A fast-bowler from Bengal, Ahmed has been impressive in the limited-overs domestic competitions during the 2011-12 season and it was those performances which fast-tracked his selection into the A team. Not many would have heard his name as domestic cricket is now overshadowed by the Indian Premier League (IPL). Ahmed has been a part of the Kolkata Knight Riders since the 2011 season, but is yet to make an appearance for them. In the Caribbean, Ahmed picked 13 wickets and bowled a number of crucial spells. His contributions weren’t restricted to that sphere as he played a crucial knock as well. In the first game, India A were in a muddle while chasing a small score and only Pujara held fort at one end. The skipper found an able partner in Ahmed who played a determined knock of 27 not out to see India through. The whole performance won him the praise of the India A coach, Lalchand Rajput who said, “He is strong, bowls at a sharp pace, and throughout the day. Even in the third spell of the day, he bowls around 140 kmph. Even when batting he doesn't give up; you have to get him out. He is one bowler to watch out for." For a country that hasn’t produced too many genuine quicks, a 140+ reading on the speed gun symbolises tremendous hope and raises expectations. Recently, Umesh Yadav and Varun Aaron have shown the ability to bowl fast and are being looked at as long term options. Parwinder Awana’s emergence during the IPL has been encouraging too. The little-known Ahmed may be the next in line and going by his performance and the acclaim he has received, he should be groomed and moulded into a finished commodity. WV Raman, the Bengal coach, says: “Ahmed is an exciting bowler. His biggest strength is his attitude and never-say-die spirit and clocks around the 140 kmph mark at his best.” Raman was appointed coach for Bengal in 2010 – the year Ahmed made his debut. “My first impression was that here was an exciting talent because he was head and shoulders above many other young fast bowlers I had seen in recent times,” he said. Interestingly, Ahmed had been picked for the Caribbean sojourn ahead of Awana and other bowlers who picked more wickets in the domestic first class season. In fact, Ahmed had only played four First-Class fixtures during the 2011-12 season and six overall before leaving for the West Indies. The natural question is: Was rushed into higher cricket? Raman put such fears to rest when he said, “It is not how little he has played. It is about how quickly he has forced his way into the A side with crucial performances in the Ranji and Duleep games. Still one should probably give him a season to seamlessly fit into the bigger league.” On the question of pace and whether he can further the hopes presented by Yadav and Aaron, WV Raman said, “The possibilities are definitely encouraging. Shami has the pace, ability and attitude. The key will be improving quickly henceforth. However, Shami's fitness is far superior to both Umesh and Varun.” Raman’s last comment nearly echoes the sentiments of Rajput. His fantastic fitness allows Ahmed to bowl at a good pace even into his third spell - late in the day. India need fast bowlers who can maintain the tempo throughout the day and sent jitters down the oppositions’ spine. As mentioned by the Bengal coach, Ahmed needs to be given at least a season to make a transition. If he can pick up on pace and continue bowling those spells, India may have a serious fast-bowling prospect for the future. (Nishad Pai Vaidya is a club-level cricketer with an analytic mind and a sharp eye. It was this sharpness which spotted a wrong replay in IPL4 resulting in Sachin Tendulkar’s dismissal. Some of his analytical pieces have come in for high praise from cerebral former cricketers. Nishad can also be followed on Twitter)

However, Shami's fitness is far superior to both Umesh and Varun. )
Cant agree with this. Umesh is the fittest bowler in India in terms of sustaining pace and bowling long spells, even Ishant can sustain pace for long spells even in third spell.

Let this boy play atleast one more ranji season.......we have seen so many indian pace prospects coming to international arena prematurly and gone into obvilion..... Hope same wouldn't happen with this guy.......Next away tour would be after 18 months and would like to have him debut around that time

Shami Ahmed has the necessary skill: Rajput Telegraph 13 hours ago The Bengal speedster’s impressive outing for the India A side in New Zealand should come as welcome news Calcutta/Mumbai: With Zaheer Khan’s form being in the downslide and for the general cry of injecting more pace into the Indian bowling attack, Bengal speedster Shami Ahmed’s impressive outing for the India A side in New Zealand should come as a welcome news. Praising Shami’s dedication, India A coach Lalchand Rajput, on Tuesday, said that the bowler has the skill to make the difference. Speaking after his arrival on Monday, Rajput said: “I’m highly impressed with Shami… We would have won the first four-day match had Shami not picked up a side strain because of the cold weather.” Shami picked up two wickets in the only one-day match he played and also snared three in the first four-day match. A side strain, however, cut his campaign short. Shami’s teammate Anustup Majumdar complemented Rajput’s views as he said: “The New Zealand batsmen were finding it difficult to play him. Unfortunately, he picked up an injury…” Talking about himself, Anustup said that he has returned as ‘a better cricketer’ from New Zealand. “This was the first overseas tour for me in India colours… I took Sourav Ganguly’s advice before going there. He said the lateral movement of the ball is much more… And I prepared accordingly, working on my backfoot play." This is the right time to get him in the squad, bowls in the 140"s, seams and swings the ball both ways, bowls long spells, very good rhythmic action, a bowler who will always pick up wickets and has a very good attitude.

LOL please read the article it says TELEGRAPH 13 HOURS AGO ' date=' just below the title:giggle:[/quote'] Even this my comment is from Wall Street Journal. See see! :hahaha: Wall Street Journal 2 minutes ago Check how this is posted - http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=2148615&postcount=3 . You should make it easy for other posts to read your posts. [1] Quote the text which is not yours - I don't know what part of the previous post is yours and what is from the Telegraph [2] Post an "active hyper link" to your source - if your story is incredulous I can always click the link to read it. I have told this to you multiple times here - just a good way to post on BBs. It takes some effort but a lot of people benefit. I don't know what the big deal is to follow it!
Even this my comment is from Wall Street Journal. See see! :hahaha: Wall Street Journal 2 minutes ago Check how this is posted - http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=2148615&postcount=3 . You should make it easy for other posts to read your posts. [1] Quote the text which is not yours - I don't know what part of the previous post is yours and what is from the Telegraph [2] Post an "active hyper link" to your source - if your story is incredulous I can always click the link to read it. I have told this to you multiple times here - just a good way to post on BBs. It takes some effort but a lot of people benefit. I don't know what the big deal is to follow it!
I'll try to make it easy on your eyes, m not the one to follow rules , march to my own drum, anyways.