Muslim students refuse to eat mid-day meal cooked by dalit woman in an urdu school

Guest dada_rocks

Now ' date=' this is truly strange. We have one person claiming that this particular phenomenon is pretty widespread among the people he knows , while we hav another person coming from that place saying he hasnt even HEARD about it.[/quote'] Well, it can only mean 1 of us is not saying the truth. make up ur own mind about it, dont take it from any of us. if u know any bangladeshi, ask him or her about ashrafi and ajlafi, see how much they know about it? do they claim to be any of these groups?

http://www.atlapedia.com/online/countries/banglad.htm RELIGIONS: The official religion is Islam with approximately 83% of the population Sunni Muslims. This makes Bangladesh the third largest Islamic state in the world after Indonesia and Pakistan. The Muslim society is divided into three distinct classes, (1.) the Ashraf (better), (2.) the Ajlaf (lower) and the (3.) Arzal (lowest). Hindus account for 12% of the population and less than 1% are Buddhist, Christian or other.

strange, yet they confine to you, not one but twelve of them that they are ashrafi - 'THE HIGHER CASTE' .. do u see now why its so hard for me accept ur claim.
Confine ? i guess you mean 'confide'. And even then, i say no, they do not confide in me. Racists dont like admitting they are racists and the same applies for casteists/bigots/fanatics etc etc. I simply observe. That is all.
we're not going to make it difficult. i can assure u its going to be a friendly chat. if we find it to be an issue in bangladeshi society we'll make it a priority issue in our forum.
I am sure you dont intend to make it difficult. But your approach to this indicates not only your inexperience in these matters but also a certain amount of naeivety. You going around asking people will do nothing- it doesnt matter if you knock on the door of a bible thumper or koran thumper or a KKK or an Ashraf/Ajlaf etc. They all will go 'who ? moi ? nonono..must be some misunderstanding'.
Lot of noise.. no fact.
I find it disturbing that you consider your experiences in life and your version of reality to be fact while in the same breath you rubbish mine. Notice that i havnt ruled out your personal experience.
I can see why u brought up this issue, so now u can go on with ur long lengthy road of never ending debate without really giving any substantial proof of ur claims about that ashrafi thing..or u maybe u'll try to connect some distant dots and jump on it.
Bondhu...hold on to your horses. Apni akhono bojhenni je ami pakka bangaali ? Apni ki mone koren je amar gyan bangladesh-er proti onno bharotiyoder moton apcha apcha ? Amar baper baari Dhaaka-Bikrompur. Doya kore mone korben na je ami chorcha rakhi na je bangladesh-e ki hocche na hocche.

Racists dont like admitting they are racists and the same applies for casteists/bigots/fanatics etc etc. I simply observe. That is all.
oww, they didnt tell u. u just assumed! what r u.. mindreader or something.. u wont like it but here is the thing. I think u just made up the whole story of knowing 12 bangladeshis being ashrafi or whatever. u just did that to bolster ur claim. now that i challenged you, you hv suddenly gone down to assuming based on observation! even if for a second i consider ur so called assumption .. what makes you pin-point it to that person being in a specific caste.. prejudice comes in many forms and that person may simply be acting on any of those... then again its hard to imagine why 12 bangladeshis will expose their racist stereotyping in front of u as u just said they dont like admitting to it. the more i think of it, ur logic seems that more illogical. i hv heard enough from you and if ur logic is going to follow this 'assumption' path, then i hv nothing more to add in this topic.
Apni akhono bojhenni je ami pakka bangaali ? Apni ki mone koren je amar gyan bangladesh-er proti onno bharotiyoder moton apcha apcha ? Amar baper baari Dhaaka-Bikrompur. Doya kore mone korben na je ami chorcha rakhi na je bangladesh-e ki hocche na hocche.
dude, if u really had ANY idea on current day bangladesh, there wont hv been any need for this conversation to take place.

Guest dada_rocks
hold on... didn't muslims want special considerations and reservations identical to those currently afforded to the SC/ST(s)??? one would imagine that by their warped logic, what is good for the goose ought to be good for the gander.
Lower caste among them ( yes there is officially recoginsed lower caset and none complained otherwise they sud have said no to reservation doles) already enjoy that benefit. This latest round of demand was for all muslims..

i know about 6-7 bangladeshis in my area and I'm in regular contact with them. Called two of them up today....they ain't know nothin about no Ashraf or Ajlaf muslims.. CC, i think it's best if u give respect the e-mail address atleast. Let's see what the bangladeshi guy says.

u just assumed! what r u.. mindreader or something..
Do you understand the meaning of the word 'observe' ? It certainly doesnt involve mind-reading or assumption- it is OBSERVING comments/behaviour of people, thats all ! a rather basic skill to have if you can shut up and listen to people.
I think u just made up the whole story of knowing 12 bangladeshis being ashrafi or whatever. u just did that to bolster ur claim.
And i think you are deliberately denying the social ills because you cannot accept them.
now that i challenged you, you hv suddenly gone down to assuming based on observation!
Challenged me ? LOL. Son, go learn some psychology. As i said, your challenge is meaningless- no racist ever admits he/she is a racist- no muslim will admit he/she is a casteist. Your 'challenge' is nothing more than smokescreen.
then again its hard to imagine why 12 bangladeshis will expose their racist stereotyping in front of u as u just said they dont like admitting to it.
People will expose a lot in front of you if they consider you good friend/family friend etc. The same way you informally pick up on your family's comments.
dude, if u really had ANY idea on current day bangladesh, there wont hv been any need for this conversation to take place.
I'd say the same to you. You seem to think that the world is as reflected in your tiny bubble of personal experiences.

Let's see what the bangladeshi guy says.
Its an useless exercise. As i said, nobody is dumb enough to respond to a random email asking them ' hello..you are ashraf or ajlaf ? do you believe in that cr@p' honestly. Just like no racist will admit to a random person that they are racist. His comments are nothing more than typical muslim denial of ills in their societies.

Guest dada_rocks

They will never accept it khali pili time kharaab kar rahe ho tum log..Inki asliyat janana hai to moustache shave karo beard rahne do ak skull-cap lelo aur kisis bhi mosque mein chale jao and suno kya baten karte hain..

i know about 6-7 bangladeshis in my area and I'm in regular contact with them. Called two of them up today....they ain't know nothin about no Ashraf or Ajlaf muslims.. CC, i think it's best if u give respect the e-mail address atleast. Let's see what the bangladeshi guy says.
Thanks for checking out.. i think urs way is the best way to find out rather than depending on some random guy like me and CC in the internet dictating to you what to think about another society. its one thing to deny that u come from any racist class, its another thing when no one even HEARD the terms, just goes to show how non-existant this whole thing is in current day bangladeshi society.

its another thing when no one even HEARD the terms, just goes to show how non-existant this whole thing is in current day bangladeshi society.
Look- enough bul$lhit. You may not have heard about it ( and i am giving you the benifit of the doubt here- you can very well be deliberately disingeneous) but that DOES NOT MEAN it doesnt exist. Just the other day another bangladeshi was arguing that discrimination against hindus in bangladesh is unheard of- he's never heard of it etc etc. Look it up- search for hindus + bangladesh & you will find it here. Now today you have admitted tht there is discrimination against hindus in BD but this 'ashraf-ajlaf' is unheard of. Yet another categoric proof that your idea that if you havnt heard of it, then it must be false = stupid !

Look- enough bul$lhit. You may not have heard about it ( and i am giving you the benifit of the doubt here- you can very well be deliberately disingeneous) but that DOES NOT MEAN it doesnt exist. Just the other day another bangladeshi was arguing that discrimination against hindus in bangladesh is unheard of- he's never heard of it etc etc. Look it up- search for hindus + bangladesh & you will find it here. Now today you have admitted tht there is discrimination against hindus in BD but this 'ashraf-ajlaf' is unheard of. Yet another categoric proof that your idea that if you havnt heard of it, then it must be false = stupid !
yeah i knew it would come to this.. at some earlier posting i said in a desperate bid u'll probably try to connect some distant dots and somehow prove ur point. but real life is much more complex than ur if else thus between logic just as shehzada found out. and u so far hv brought nothing to the table to prove it. u r claiming u know 12 bangladeshis, yet u cannot identfy them and give their contact address. u r claiming its a hard thing to ask yet someone in this thread has already asked few bangladeshis and found out about it himself. so, i suggest u do the same thing and not depend on ur 'brilliant' observation. And its not only me, u can randomly pick any 10 bangladeshis and ask them, u'll get the same answer. now that should give u an overall picture if u think i'm living in a tiny bubble and if u believe somehow u being frm west-bengal know better than me (which u certainly don't, i dont claim i have a better pulse of kolkatta than u!). One more thing, when u resort to name calling, u really hv lost it. its only when someones logic ain't sound enough, they feel they need to bolster it by calling names.

u r claiming u know 12 bangladeshis, yet u cannot identfy them and give their contact address.
I never have and never will identify real people on the internet. I dont identify myself- much less others. I am sorry but i get this distinct impression that your intentions are NOT right for insisting on people's names. As i explained, it wont prove anything- people dont admit their bigotry to random strangers- i dont see why you are assuming an honest answer will be found by simply asking people this. And i have no idea whether your intentions are good or to blow these people up.
but real life is much more complex than ur if else thus between logic just as shehzada found out.
Oh the irony ! you are lecturing me abuot real life! You are the one who is arguing that you havn't heard of it, people you know havnt heard of it, so therefore it is false. While i am the guy who is saying that personal experiences do not encompass the entire world. Ulto chor kotwal ke dante ?
u r claiming its a hard thing to ask yet someone in this thread has already asked few bangladeshis and found out about it himself. so, i suggest u do the same thing and not depend on ur 'brilliant' observation.
If i stopped observing and relying on asking people whether they are racist/casteist/bigots etc, then the total world population of racists/bigots/casteists will be zero. Nobody admits to their nastyness in these topics in public. How idiotic to discard observation for 'ask them if they are racists' type of nonsense !!
One more thing, when u resort to name calling, u really hv lost it. its only when someones logic ain't sound enough, they feel they need to bolster it by calling names
I havnt called you any names- i said your logic presented here is stupid and i am certainly entitled to say that after demonstrating its shortcommings!

If i stopped observing and relying on asking people whether they are racist/casteist/bigots etc, then the total world population of racists/bigots/casteists will be zero. Nobody admits to their nastyness in these topics in public. How idiotic to discard observation for 'ask them if they are racists' type of nonsense !!
u don't hv to ask them if they are racist/bigots/castiest! all u hv to do is ask them if they ever heard the term ashrafi or ajlafi in the bangladeshi context.. i'm sure thats what shehzada did. if he can do it and find out, i dont know why u cant?? probably u r afraid what u'll find wont suit ur argument here. please dont get into this circular discussion. do urself a favour, ask the bangladeshis u know, "if they ever heard the words ashrafi and ajlafi in bangladeshi context? or if they ever heard those words??" that should take care of the debate all by itself.

all u hv to do is ask them if they ever heard the term ashrafi or ajlafi in the bangladeshi context.. i'm sure thats what shehzada did. if he can do it and find out, i dont know why u cant?? probably u r afraid what u'll find wont suit ur argument here.
And you expect an honest answer to this because ??
do urself a favour, ask the bangladeshis u know, "if they ever heard the words ashrafi and ajlafi in bangladeshi context? or if they ever heard those words??" that should take care of the debate all by itself.
I dont have to ask them- i have heard them SEVERAL TIMES using these words in superiorist/inferiorst ways in midst of their own discussions.