ODI Selfish Sachin

well people, here's some stats. Predator, where u at? According to Statsguru, Tendulkar has scored 21 centuries since they started doing ball by ball commentaries. In these knocks: Tendulkar gets to his first 50 at an average S/R of 86.7. Which means he will get to his 50 in approximately 58 balls. Tendulkar gets to his 70 at an average S/R of 90.9. Which means he will get to his 70 in approximately 77 balls. Tendulkar gets to his 100 at an average S/R of 93.8. Which means he will get to his 100 in approximatly 107 balls. Strike Rate increases all the way through. This should solve your problem. An additional fact: Tendulkar's first 50 -> S/R 87 Tendulkar's second 50 -> S/R 102 difference of a whole 25 points.

well people, here's some stats. Predator, where u at? According to Statsguru, Tendulkar has scored 21 centuries since they started doing ball by ball commentaries. In these knocks: Tendulkar gets to his first 50 at an average S/R of 86.7. Which means he will get to his 50 in approximately 58 balls. Tendulkar gets to his 70 at an average S/R of 90.9. Which means he will get to his 70 in approximately 77 balls. Tendulkar gets to his 100 at an average S/R of 93.8. Which means he will get to his 100 in approximatly 107 balls. Strike Rate increases all the way through. This should solve your problem. An additional fact: Tendulkar's first 50 -> S/R 87 Tendulkar's second 50 -> S/R 102 difference of a whole 25 points.
Whatever helps you sleep at night m8...:thumbs_up:
Rubbery figures. Come up with the figures around the accusations - from 85 to 100.
how do u decide which is the apt figure to argue about.... are u in essence saying, that if A took more balls getting from 70 to 100 compared to B, but lesser balls getting from 85 to 100, there is something useful about A??? lets make it clearer.... A B 70 -> 100 30 balls 20 balls 85 -> 100 10 balls 15 balls you are saying A is better than B??? .:omg_smile:

Stop digging the history and start living for the present. How much stats are you guys going to provide to back your opinions? Just because he did differently in the past doesn't mean he won't do differently the next game. It is no rocket science Tendulkar likes to pile up 100s and I don't see anything wrong with that as long as he is not stalling India's progress. Sehwag brought up his 300, 200 with sixes but if given a chance now in the test match I can bet he will not do that when he is in 190s or 290s. It is all to do with confidence and match form. Tendulkar used to blast away to 100s in the past yes but not these days. Considering his lack of form he would like mile stones. Anyone that's played cricket will tell ya milestones become pretty important when the going has been tough. I won't blame Sachin for the way he is batting right now, it is lack of runs in the recent years that's mellowed him and that is natural. That said it is fruitless to pull up stats and say he has scored so many 100s without out slowing down. That stats do not matter today.

Actually, Shehzaada has done a lot of hard work in getting these stats from the ball by ball commentaries on cricinfo. If someone wants to disprove his point ie. things like 85-100, 90-100 etc. why not do the hard work and bring the facts to the table than placing demands on him. When he does most permutations, I'll be ready to ask the number of deliveries for 92-93.

Stop digging the history and start living for the present. How much stats are you guys going to provide to back your opinions? Just because he did differently in the past doesn't mean he won't do differently the next game. It is no rocket science Tendulkar likes to pile up 100s and I don't see anything wrong with that as long as he is not stalling India's progress. Sehwag brought up his 300, 200 with sixes but if given a chance now in the test match I can bet he will not do that when he is in 190s or 290s. It is all to do with confidence and match form. Tendulkar used to blast away to 100s in the past yes but not these days. Considering his lack of form he would like mile stones. Anyone that's played cricket will tell ya milestones become pretty important when the going has been tough. I won't blame Sachin for the way he is batting right now, it is lack of runs in the recent years that's mellowed him and that is natural. That said it is fruitless to pull up stats and say he has scored so many 100s without out slowing down. That stats do not matter today.
bring it on ravi: Tendulkar in 1999 First 50 at 92.5 First 70 at 94.8 First 100 at 95.5 Tendulkar in 2000 First 50 in 76.9 First 70 in 81.1 First 100 in 84.3 Tendulkar in 2001 First 50 in 90.6 First 70 in 90.2 First 100 in 94.3 Tendulkar in 2002 First 50 in 84.7 First 70 in 92.1 First 100 in 100.5 Tendulkar in 2003 First 50 in 92.0 First 70 in 92.5 First 100 in 93.4 Tendulkar in 2004 First 50 in 92.0 First 70 in 92.5 First 100 in 93.4 Tendulkar in 2005 First 50 in 81.9 First 70 in 92.1 First 100 in 94.3 Tendulkar in 2006 First 50 in 79.3 First 70 in 83.3 First 100 in 89.2 Tendulkar in 2007 First 50 in 108.7 First 70 in 118.6 First 100 in 131.6 never once decreasing his S/R through his progress. anything left?

"Present" as in one game at a time. You seem to forget cricket is played one ball at a time. This over obsession with stats won't show anything in particular. It is no secret he slowed down the last game and was looking for a hundred. It is no rocket science he slowed down against the Aussies in the second dig in 2004 at SCG and let Rahul Dravid do the fast scoring. He slowed down against Pakistan and let Yuvi do all the big hitting against Pakistan in the 2004 series against Pakistan. As I said stats reveal nothing. I have no problem with Tendulkar batting the way he is. He is entitled to chase his land marks just like anyone else. Gavaskar did, Hadlee did it and so did Boycott. That doesn't mean they were crap. Tendulkar did not in his younger days but these days he does. Now how hard is it for you fellas to digest it. Absolutely no doubt he slowed down in the last ODI he played does that show in your above stats? It is not about 1% or 2% increase/decrease in the strike rate that defines a game or a match winning knock. When runs were needed in fours and you score in singles every ball but pick a couple along you will still be over the SR of 100. As I said these stats over the years are pretty much redundant and the context of the game is "THE" thing.

God!! How pathetic can we be? we're sweating over a person who scored 99 for the team and not asking even once about the other batsmen, apart from Dravid, who couldn't cross even 20?? Why do we NEVER question other batsmen??? Are they not supposed to contribute in the victory??

Well Chandan, there were not too many overs left for the rest to rake up 50s other than Rahul or Tendulkar. I agree with you though, it seems like every other guy seems to be obssesed with either showing Tendulkar as good or bad. I say get over it, it only makes for good debates and nothing else. One group cannot see beyond Tendulkar and the other cannot stop dissing him whether he scores or not.

Why can't we see it from team's point of view? What did our bowlers achieve? What did our fielders achieve? What was the level of intensity for defending a fighting total? How was the captaincy? How was our effort? How long do we have to keep up with Gambhir who is not more than a minnow basher? How do we give exposure to our young generation batsmen? Why are the Indian bowlers not good enough? What success does our new bowling coach Prasad seem to be achieving? Same out our fielding coach? How is the team coping without a head coach? There are so many things to be discussed here rather than just bashing a player or defending him!

Absolutely and if ones like you create topics on those lines you can educate people. You made a lot of good points and each point will be good to discuss if converted into a topic. Feel free to open a topic when you strike a thought.

Why can't we see it from team's point of view?
Team was runs short because the little master hogged too many deliveries at his career worst SR of 69 for the number of balls faced. Given that we had a depleted attack, he should have known better than to bat at 69 SR (his career SR is at 85 and his YTD SR was close to 99). It is all about the team winning for most of us who are pissed off at SRT's latest innings. If we had won, many of us wouldn't have given a rat's a$$ about SRs and RRs. His previous lowest score facing 143 odd balls was 141. So it was a one-time screwup by him.